Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That rules. Just a dude and his mullet having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My old roommate managed to get a uhaul truck wedged under the outcropping of an apartment building, he hit that poo poo so hard the building shook and all the tenants came out thinking an earthquake or a bomb hit. He managed to get it unstuck and left without leaving his info or anything. Then he tried to be slick again and left the uhaul parked by their drop off center and tried to tell them he dropped it off the day before.

They didn’t believe him and he got hit with all kinds of charges because the top of the truck was all smashed to poo poo.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

TotalLossBrain posted:

How are people this bad at driving?? Or you know, basic spatial awareness.

What the gently caress

the abilities of the machinery have outpaced the operators

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Literally thousands if not millions of car crash videos on youtube could be used to argue that bad driving is the norm.

Noone uploads videos of people driving well, though, cause that would be boring as hell.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qriw48Ii9S1s1ddrj.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 24, 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Multi-lawn drifting

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Racing mowers (yes it’s a real thing) are hilarious, and that guys haircut says everything else you need to know about the sport.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i thought the truck turning the corner was going to tip over

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

Racing mowers (yes it’s a real thing) are hilarious, and that guys haircut says everything else you need to know about the sport.

I wanna see them actually mowing lawns during the races (and may judged on the quality of their work). 😄

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ekuNNN posted:

Noone uploads videos of people driving well, though, cause that would be boring as hell.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qriw48Ii9S1s1ddrj.mp4

Not an endorsement on the driving, but there are truckers that record long drives for youtube. I assume it's so old truckers have something to watch. But yeah, hours of boredom.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Thats just Octavio tuning Dale's mower for the race. Wait till he hits the Nitrous.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/WgxTHon.gifv

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
That ended the way I hoped it would

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

low

ride

er

mows a little lower

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Right in the Gooch

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't think that's a fryer though. With the plastic divider and all I'd more expect an ice bath or something.

*Note: I worked at a pizzeria back in the day, not a place that fried anything.

E: f,b.

naw youre right i didnt look close

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

xtal posted:

I vote this one because it serves double duty of appeasing the gods

Crom says "gently caress your worship."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

I respect the wordplay, but I can't like it

The news was crushing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I grew up eating Dick's,

Elviscat posted:

Eating Dick's is great and everyone should do it it at least once.
Call me.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

French Canadian posted:

Moustache, firmly waxed

Pantaloons, sharted

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ruddiger posted:

My old roommate managed to get a uhaul truck wedged under the outcropping of an apartment building, he hit that poo poo so hard the building shook and all the tenants came out thinking an earthquake or a bomb hit. He managed to get it unstuck and left without leaving his info or anything. Then he tried to be slick again and left the uhaul parked by their drop off center and tried to tell them he dropped it off the day before.

They didn’t believe him and he got hit with all kinds of charges because the top of the truck was all smashed to poo poo.

My buddy's first day alone in the step van, at the first stop, and he parks next to the overhang of the gas station. All's fine until he pulls out and turns too quickly, too soon. Tail swing is important. He ripped twenty feet of corrugated metal facade off the overhang. "gently caress, not even two hours in and I'm done!" I guess the company and the union saw something in him. One week of retraining and back on the road. They made a good decision there. Thirty years later, still in the business. Helped me out a bunch when I was just starting.

I worked for a dude who somehow convinced a customer to let him deliver through the front door while the overnight stock crew was there (so, midnight until sixish). He's showing me where he backs up to drop the ramp through the door when, *crunch*, he drives right into the security camera. "We'll just come back later." he says, as we haul rear end out of there.

That was a fun phone call to listen in on a few hours later:

"Hey, Jack. Were you here earlier?"
"Nah, we got a late start today."
"Are you sure about that?
"Yup."
"Are you sure your truck wasn't here at 1:21 this morning?"
"Um, yeah."
"Are you absolutely sure you weren't here at 1:21 AM and crushed the security camera with your truck?!"
"no"

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

20 Blunts posted:

the abilities of the machinery have outpaced the operators

UHauls have almost a perfect storm of being driven by people who are not used to vehicles that large, with loads packed by amateurs (that my or may not be even), in new/unfamiliar environments for the driver. It’s a miracle they aren’t wrecked even more often than they are.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Not an endorsement on the driving, but there are truckers that record long drives for youtube. I assume it's so old truckers have something to watch. But yeah, hours of boredom.

I mean there are ride along videos of all of the Bahn tracks in Berlin, I'd be surprised if you couldn't find them for most subway or tram tracks in major cities.

Yes, I have watched hours of them. I have weird nostalgia. Leave me alone. Einsteigen bitte

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

LanceHunter posted:

UHauls have almost a perfect storm of being driven by people who are not used to vehicles that large, with loads packed by amateurs (that my or may not be even), in new/unfamiliar environments for the driver. It’s a miracle they aren’t wrecked even more often than they are.

You forgot driven by people who are stressed out, almost certainly low on sleep and rushing to meet deadlines. You don't sleep that well with your entire life in a steal-able metal box parked outside your hotel room.

It really is a miracle you don't see them involved in more accidents than you do.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MrYenko posted:

The demolition derby we used to go to did riding mower demolition derby as a warm up event some nights. Just 6 dudes slamming into eachother on old mowers. It always looked waaaaay more dangerous than the main event.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mycomancy posted:

Right in the Gooch

taint status: reaped

LanceHunter posted:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1008531719371145216/pu/vid/316x180/AIRVQ1V2lJSfTCQ6.mp4

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

it comes from reddit

this was posted with the title "This pillar was straight last week. This is the first floor of a seven-floor building."

hopefully it's not structural.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Followed this guy from Pinellas Park, across the Howard Frankland bridge, and through Tampa. Only time I've ever seen that thing move.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

My buddy's first day alone in the step van, at the first stop, and he parks next to the overhang of the gas station. All's fine until he pulls out and turns too quickly, too soon. Tail swing is important. He ripped twenty feet of corrugated metal facade off the overhang. "gently caress, not even two hours in and I'm done!" I guess the company and the union saw something in him. One week of retraining and back on the road. They made a good decision there. Thirty years later, still in the business. Helped me out a bunch when I was just starting.

I worked for a dude who somehow convinced a customer to let him deliver through the front door while the overnight stock crew was there (so, midnight until sixish). He's showing me where he backs up to drop the ramp through the door when, *crunch*, he drives right into the security camera. "We'll just come back later." he says, as we haul rear end out of there.

That was a fun phone call to listen in on a few hours later:

"Hey, Jack. Were you here earlier?"
"Nah, we got a late start today."
"Are you sure about that?
"Yup."
"Are you sure your truck wasn't here at 1:21 this morning?"
"Um, yeah."
"Are you absolutely sure you weren't here at 1:21 AM and crushed the security camera with your truck?!"
"no"

The place i work for has had 2 different drivers do stuff like that and then get fired, not for the accident itself, but for not reporting it. Like, you'll eventually get fired if you keep running in to poo poo, especially if there's other issues, but not reporting it is pretty much guaranteed firing once they find out.

e: the worst part about someone else running into something is we all end up having to watch the fuckin' Get Out And Look video again

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 25, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ko05gGB.mp4

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/LWCvRPW.gifv

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1386138654632943624

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlT_6pdn_rM

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I having trouble parsing just exactly which things were going wrong there, so I clicked through to find this helpfully illuminating followup:

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1386139506428891140

(The second point is the one I was a bit confused about.)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Structural pool noodle, anyway.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Log082 posted:

I having trouble parsing just exactly which things were going wrong there, so I clicked through to find this helpfully illuminating followup:

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1386139506428891140

(The second point is the one I was a bit confused about.)

Then why do they keep going into the left lane :psyduck:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

that question was why i needed the followup tweet

"Okay, yeah, that's bad, but I can see how they'd get confused if it's a two lane one way road. Wait. hold on. But that car just-"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Because traffic circles are rare (e: in america) and apparently so is adequate signage or directional markings on the ground.

You should see idiots and diverging diamonds.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

it comes from reddit

this was posted with the title "This pillar was straight last week. This is the first floor of a seven-floor building."

That's an "evacuate immediately and call the city/county/state building authority".

Weren't bowing support pillars one of the (many) warning signs at the Hard Rock being built in New Orleans?

Content:

This makes the machine angry.

https://i.imgur.com/SAOfyoQ.gifv

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Because traffic circles are rare (e: in america) and apparently so is adequate signage or directional markings on the ground.

Seems like it might be new/under construction and there could be signs missing. That said it should be pretty easy to figure out roundabouts regardless. You're really just merging into a road that's curved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

South Carolina has been replacing a ton of its high-accident rural 4-way stop intersections with roundabouts in the last decade and I am extremely here for it. It's weird to think that we're at the forefront of traffic design technology in a lot of ways because land is cheap and we're underdeveloped so the DOT more or less gets a clean slate for every project. We've even got a handful of SPUI's now.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 25, 2021