Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I mean it's not like I can talk, I had a real fondness for Coors Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got bored on the train that was the basically the airport shuttle, so convinced an american family that on the Story Bridge in Brisbane, Paul Hogan had his own car lane, but even he had to share it with the kangaroos.

That one took a little bit to sell, but it's like loving heroin seeing them swallow that poo poo up. Cook it in a spoon and shoot it straight into my arm yessssssss

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

People actively seek out and consume PBR on a regular basis.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

not caring here posted:

I got bored on the train that was the basically the airport shuttle, so convinced an american family that on the Story Bridge in Brisbane, Paul Hogan had his own car lane, but even he had to share it with the kangaroos.

That one took a little bit to sell, but it's like loving heroin seeing them swallow that poo poo up. Cook it in a spoon and shoot it straight into my arm yessssssss

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll drink coors light if I don't have weed.

Fortunately, I have a decent amount of weed. Love this state.

PBR is my back up to coors light. Still better than Old Style.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://youtu.be/snhiofL2Rh4

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Diet Coors certainly has its place, it's fairly inoffensive and has been the cornerstone of many a good party and game of beer pong.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

where do you poor bastards live that there's no Yuengling

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

In a galaxy far, far away…

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:drat:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

The best place.
Yuengling is loving gross.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

shame on an IGA posted:

Anywhere west of the Mississippi, until recently.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yuengling is nasty

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Not sure why anyone drinks anything other than high life :shrug:, its the champagne of beers.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

People actively seek out and consume PBR on a regular basis.

Knew an Ambassador that used to provide PBR for events.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Then again I drink basically entirely microbrews, poo poo's pricy but delicious. I'll knock back cheap garbage beer though if I'm just looking for beer for beer's sake, like national bohemian (literally can't find it outside baltimore, I think baltimore drinks like 90% of the output lol)

4.3% abv and inoffensive taste, is about the best you can say about it. It's cheap and gets the job done I guess.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 25, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

I never much cared for yuengling. Not enough to pay the couple bucks difference between coors light or pbr and that. It's fine, but not different enough for me to care.

Can one of the Canadians here get on Labatt to export Alexander Keith's IPA to Colorado? I'm not trying to drive to Nova Scotia, but that was a pretty good cheap beer.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I never much cared for yuengling. Not enough to pay the couple bucks difference between coors light or pbr and that. It's fine, but not different enough for me to care.

Can one of the Canadians here get on Labatt to export Alexander Keith's IPA to Colorado? I'm not trying to drive to Nova Scotia, but that was a pretty good cheap beer.

Anywhere west of the Mississippi has no Yuengling

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Used to see in it Memphis, but you're correct, I haven't seen it out here in the 5 years since I left Tennessee.

Obviously memphis is still in their east o' the mississippi market.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I think I'm the only guy in this town that buys Moosehead. The beer store always has two cases and I've never seen anyone else buy them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I enjoy watching wacky liberal cosplayer Kyrsten Sinema get dragged whenever possible.

https://twitter.com/yellowowlwkshop/status/1384939206292738048

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Yuengling's not the worst cheap beer, but the current head of the family's a pro-Trump, anti-union chud so screw giving them any money.

Cooper's ain't bad for an Aussie beer, you can even get it stateside occasionally.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I shouldn’t be laughing this hard

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Yuengling's not the worst cheap beer, but the current head of the family's a pro-Trump, anti-union chud so screw giving them any money.

Cooper's ain't bad for an Aussie beer, you can even get it stateside occasionally.

Cooper's is good and makes good beginner beer brewing kits too.
My favorite lovely regional beer is either Genesee Light, or Genny Bock. Used to really enjoy grabbing tall boys at the gas station whenever I would visit upstate NY.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Natty Boh
Lone Star
Gennesee
PBR
Hamm's
Banquet
Oly

whatever's available
cheap fizzy lager in cans don't care much

edit: I forgot to weigh in on Yuengling. It's a damned good cheap local canned beer imo, but they're all pale imitations of Augustiner

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 25, 2021

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

The green label one they call an australian ipa and it's super good unlike every other ipa ever loving made.

It's a heavy beer though and not good for hot weather though, ironically.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Gansett and Natty Boh are my go to's.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I honestly don't think I've ever met anyone here who drinks light beer.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Light beer is the original hard seltzer and just as goddamned disgusting.

If you're gonna pay someone to give you bread and water in a can, get the most bread and the least amount of water possible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

Anywhere west of the Mississippi has no Yuengling

In September they announced a distribution deal with Molson Coors. :)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Forums come back up, I walk into a hailstorm of Yuengling slander. HEATHENS.

(Yuengling regular I don't really mess with too much any more, but Yuengling Light is a great golf beer)

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Iain posted:

There's always the movie Gallipoli with a really young Mel Gibson. If you ever visit Australia definitely visit the Anzac memorial (https://www.anzacmemorial.nsw.gov.au/). I went there on my R&R in '09 with some half-family. Would love to revisit someday.

I always keep meaning to try to make Anzac biscuits around this time. All my baking stuff is packed up or I would try now. I think it's just a sweetened form of hard tack? I also want to say there is a photo from WW1 of Australian soldiers spelling out VB in beer bottles. VB being Victoria Bitter, a traditional Australian beer. :australia: There was a beer from the isle of Tasmania that was really good too, can't think of the name. Man now I miss Aussie beer.

Coopers is the good Aussie beer. Fosters is so bad they have to sell it overseas

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
When i lived in America I mostly drank bud light lime. they still make that? genuinely miss that trash

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nuclear War posted:

When i lived in America I mostly drank bud light lime. they still make that? genuinely miss that trash

Definitely still exists.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Really though Leinenkugel is the superior hard-to-spell regional beer, and this from someone who's from PA :colbert:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They've now found the hull, it's in three pieces and over 800 meters down :smith:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/25/indonesia-authorities-say-53-submarine-crew-are-dead

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Really though Leinenkugel is the superior hard-to-spell regional beer, and this from someone who's from PA :colbert:
Their shandy's are excellent yardwork beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

Holy poo poo

Hunter S Thompson predicted the forever war hours after 9/11