Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
just to get ahead of it while the show is still on, do NOT watch the Hall/Weidman clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah i watched it and it was a bad idea

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Can confirm, if you watched the Silva leg break, you won't like this one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
UFC APRIL: bones twitter updates

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah i watched it and it was a bad idea

Worse than Anderson Silva or Corey Hall?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Yes

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Shirkelton posted:

heh

Lone Goat posted:

imo, yes, significantly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shirkelton posted:

Ahahaha.... :smith:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shirkelton posted:

lmao

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like the wide man at all and he is definitely NOT my boy, but I did not want that to happen to him. Recover well but also retirement

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I watched it and I regret watching it

History repeats

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Anik's post-fight comment "I'm not sure this sport is good for our long-term health" ***cuts to maskless crowd of raving morons***

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I nominate Kamaru Usman for KO of the loving century holy moly

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

blue footed boobie posted:

He’s very obviously kidding and I’m legitimately shocked that anyone could take it any other way.

This. I know goons have problems with reading basic human emotions, but come on. DC's obviously playing along and trying to not burst out laughing in that clip.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
kamaru snoozeman means something different now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Watched the post fight presser last night and god drat 4 more years from now after 5-6 more title defense dominations and after he’s killed Colby for a third time, decapitated Darren Till with a flying knee in the first round, and passed Anderson Silva’s record for consecutive wins the first question in the post fight presser every time is still going to be “so Champ do you think this time they’ll put some respect on your name?”

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
GSP is back with more GQ stuff. Of course he bought some fossils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfGk8ms3aY

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Pingiivi posted:

Yeah that showed up in my feed, I didn't watch it but the "20k Fossils" in the thumbnail got me good

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

henkman posted:

Yeah that showed up in my feed, I didn't watch it but the "20k Fossils" in the thumbnail got me good

:same:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

$20k in fossils someone help me budget, my family is dying

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
goddamn gsp is such a treasure.

one person that i would be legitimately surprised and bummed to learn he was a dick or something

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder how just how hard Usman hit Masvidal for the sweat to visibly explode out off his head from all angles and distance like he's a sponge hitting a wall.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 25, 2021

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he turned masvidals head into a planetarium

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was thinking about this too and decided it was 50/50 how hard usman hit him and the other half how long his hair is and how tightly it was braided turning it into a big sponge

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pingiivi posted:

I gotta visit that statue of GSP in his home town someday. That's awesome

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

beautiful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1386288175966949378

I don't know what's stranger:
1. Ignoring the fact that Usman could hold him down and literally never let him back on his feet if he wanted to.
2. Using an example of his punch from a fight where the common consensus is he looked like poo poo, his boxing looked bad and he got knocked the gently caress out.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

"I like 170. It's mine soon" -the guy who hasn't had a win at 155 since obama was president

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 25, 2021

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Josuke Higashikata posted:

1. Ignoring the fact that Usman could hold him down and literally never let him back on his feet if he wanted to.
2. Using an example of his punch from a fight where the common consensus is he looked like poo poo, his boxing looked bad and he got knocked the gently caress out.

It's hard to promo when you're not beating everyone.
Shoulda used the Mendes fight if he wanted to get at least credibility on the power of his cross.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
conor invented Throw Punch and all u bitches need to stop copying his style

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

its funny bc connor didn't even successfully hand trap for his rear hand, which usman did

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Conor McGregor, inventor of the Punch

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Cyber Dog posted:

its funny bc connor didn't even successfully hand trap for his rear hand, which usman did

yeah all the responses are like 'usman would kill you bro' and someone posted a gif of the hand grab, its loving beautiful.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Oh my god I take it all back it's fine for Conor to get a 170 title shot, I'll buy that ppv.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wonder how just how hard Usman hit Masvidal for the sweat to visibly explode out off his head from all angles and distance like he's a sponge hitting a wall.

It's like watching 90s heavyweight boxing again. Nearly every hit was knocking sweat off dudes like that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The speed that punch rotated jorges head is loving crazy

mewse
May 2, 2006

"I invented the feint hook-cross combination" -- Conor McGregor

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
Usman's development is reminding me a lot of Cejudo - he starts as a corny but powerful wrestler who mostly just controls guys with positioning and has gradually added a very creditable diverse striking game to complement it and now can't stop ruining guys on the feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chris Weidman is about to turn 37 (in june) - Silva took a year and a month to come back from his leg break. So he'll be at least 38 before he's back in the ring. That's probably it for him right?
Maybe one more to get the comeback and then retire? Either way I can't see him ever really fighting again.