Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Vintage 1958 MAD magazine pizza seems to be pretty cheesy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MAD was written and illustrated by people living in New York City where you could get proper pizzas as early as 1890 so they probably knew what one looked like and had actually eaten one.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Apr 25, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't forget page 3, which I don't know if it quite supports the NYC-centric "pianos falling from penthouse cranes"/"sleepwalking on beams in construction sites" schtick perspective or not

but it sure does adhere to the "cheese on pizza is actually some type of rubber cement" theory as seen in decades of cartoons

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Apr 25, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Someone pull up that old video explaining this hot new pizzapie thing to Canadian housewives.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I have a fond nostalgia for those pizza "kits," they still sell them but the nostalgia is not fond enough to make one.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PET milk sounds revolting

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Johnny Truant posted:

Didn't think it was the brand name at first, was more thinking of what you buy at petsmart.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

dog nougat posted:

Lol if you go don't go to bars where they just eyeball a shot.

:greenangel:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zil posted:

Didn't think it was the brand name at first, was more thinking of what you buy at petsmart.

A petcock isn't what you think it is either

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Where is this? There's a bar/diner in the Chicago board of trade that does this

augias
Apr 7, 2009

more falafel please posted:

Where is this? There's a bar/diner in the Chicago board of trade that does this

Santiago Chile

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lumbermouth posted:

You can actually buy just that from places in Pennsylvania and Jersey, it’s called tomato pie and it’s... fine. Pretty much just tastes like sauce and bread.
Working at Domino's I had to make a no cheese pizza once.

It just looks wrong with toppings sitting in the sauce and the oven did it no favors.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Working at a pizza joint really exposes you to some hosed up weirdoes.

Also my god, the loving gall people had to try their fractions out on you. "Hey, could I have 1/16th olives" go gently caress yourself

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can I get a medium pizza, extra crust

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Can I get a medium pizza, extra crust

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Is that tequila?

augias
Apr 7, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Is that tequila?

Pisco

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is Pisco and coke like, good? I've only had Pisco sours

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

As a non American I find the whole BOY-AR-DEE thing fascinating. Why would you choose as your brand name a Chef with a foreign sounding name that your audience are too dumb to pronounce properly so you have to spell it out phonetically for them in capital letters like they’re 5 year olds?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

smellmycheese posted:

As a non American I find the whole BOY-AR-DEE thing fascinating. Why would you choose as your brand name a Chef with a foreign sounding name that your audience are too dumb to pronounce properly so you have to spell it out phonetically for them in capital letters like they’re 5 year olds?

Oh Boiardi.

Company Man - Chef Boyardee - The Man Behind the Can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BSyc7ZLiE

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

smellmycheese posted:

Because your name is Ettore Boiardi and you want to make it easier for your consumers to pronounce the name of your product.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

Is Pisco and coke like, good? I've only had Pisco sours

Depends on what you like, obviously. Piscola is the single most consumed mixed drink in the country by far. Like 'get a packaged pisco and coke combo at the supermarket' popular. Super sweet and flowery and you get drunk on it.

U.S. coke tastes different (bad) so I wouldn't have it here unless there were.mexican glass bottles/cane sugar coke available. Also if i had a bottle of peruvian pisco, which is more filtered and aged longer and generally considered 'finer' (usually i think) than chilean, I would also refrain from mixing with coke.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Johnny Truant posted:

Listen, you simply shouldn't get a cat if you are unwilling to milk her daily.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Working at Domino's I had to make a no cheese pizza once.

It just looks wrong with toppings sitting in the sauce and the oven did it no favors.

You only got one? We had at least ten pizzas a week with no cheese and it was always so, so dire. The worst was a thin crust with marinara, ham, onions, bell peppers, spinach, mushroom. It was somehow very damp but willfully dry and it looked like the definition of despair. The family that ordered this ordered weekly and they never changed it. When I finally made one for myself to see what it was like I got depressed. Someone choosing that made me genuinely unhappy.

They didn't tip the drivers though so gently caress them I hope they choke on sadness pizza.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

You only got one? We had at least ten pizzas a week with no cheese and it was always so, so dire. The worst was a thin crust with marinara, ham, onions, bell peppers, spinach, mushroom. It was somehow very damp but willfully dry and it looked like the definition of despair. The family that ordered this ordered weekly and they never changed it. When I finally made one for myself to see what it was like I got depressed. Someone choosing that made me genuinely unhappy.

They didn't tip the drivers though so gently caress them I hope they choke on sadness pizza.

okay i will allow one pizza rule, and it is that this is a war crime

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Don't lactose intolerance shame.

No-tip shaming is alright though.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

zedprime posted:

Please don't bring circumcision into this

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

zedprime posted:

Don't lactose intolerance shame.

That's fair.

Let me tell you about the no cheese pizza that was handtossed extra garlic parmesan sauce, beef, sausage mushrooms, olives, and banana peppers. That guys isn't lactose intolerant he's just a lunatic. That pizza had a greasy shine to it that was unsettling. It was impossible to box and cut without making an unholy mess of everything. I assume it was eaten with a spoon.

He tipped in weed though so I spent time making sure that pizza looked as good as a box full of cummy slop could.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hand tossing doesn't mean you are supposed to cum in it hth.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sounds like a delicious pasta, honestly.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Ahahahah, he actually loving did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MWRl6VsaY

:unsmigghh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What in the absolute gently caress is "edible earth"?

E: wait diatomaceous earth why do you need to eat that?

Is it just "this is safe to use for food filtration"?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

smellmycheese posted:

apologize to chef boyardee. apologize to him NOW

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

OwlFancier posted:

What in the absolute gently caress is "edible earth"?

E: wait diatomaceous earth why do you need to eat that?

Is it just "this is safe to use for food filtration"?

It's an anti-caking and anti-insect additive for livestock feed apparently.

People have been bugging Mr. Sausage to do a dirt sausage for awhile.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Googling it, and its apparently a generally recognized as safe ingredient for human food used in similar proportions as livestock feed if you want anti-caking.

I think by the time you're Amazoning in bags of it labeled food grade, its mostly sold as a supplement for ??? woo stuff it sounds like.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Apr 25, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As far as I know it's the same stuff as celite which is a filtration agent. It has a lot of uses though yeah you can use it to kill ants and other ant-like insects.

But as far as I am aware it has no nutritional value.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elviscat posted:

It's an anti-caking and anti-insect additive for livestock feed apparently.

People have been bugging Mr. Sausage to do a dirt sausage for awhile.

A good chunk of those people probably would have been satisfied with him doing an "earth" sausage comprised of root veggies or something, it's kinda funny that he held off long enough to actually do dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
On one hand as a safety stickler I appreciate sticking to something officially recognized as a food additive. On the other hand as a bad food spectacle tourist, edible clay seems much more sausage worthy.