Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Node posted:

I thought I'd waste some time and start up Plane of Time and get some fabled gear for a couple of my alts. As I went through it, none of the gods, or Quarm, were their fabled versions. Did I forget something stupid, or did it bug out? Fabled poo poo is spawning outside of instances just fine.

I saw a few similar complaints in general chat the other night. Pretty sure it's a bug affecting the potime instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

One in the Bum posted:

I saw a few similar complaints in general chat the other night. Pretty sure it's a bug affecting the potime instance.

Other people have posted about it on the official forums too. It's doing it to everybody. Unfortunately, I doubt they will hotfix this, so this fabled season probably won't ever have fabled Plane of Time.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I really wish they'd do 115 fabled

or a new hardcore heritage zone for 115 though we probably won't see one of those until 120

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

so i'm pretty sure i'm the only person who finds this extremely exciting but someone has shared leaks for the new heritage crate on the eq forums! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/halfling-heritage-crate-spoilers.274462/

the halfling heritage crate, something involved in this crate cast this spell: https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=53147&source=test

quote:

Teleport: Chessboard Room

Slot 1: Teleport to pomischief, Location: 714, -858, 123

now this sounds like it just dumps your dumb goon rear end in the chessboard in plane of mischief, right? except the plane of mischief zone file is "mischiefplane" which was last updated in 2001. there is a second set of zone files for "pomischief" which was last updated in 2013 it looks like? possibly for the epic request quest since someone (rogues maybe?) had their class objective in that zone

as a PoM enthusiast I have literally never been this stoked for a stupid dead internet game thing

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Just when I thought I was out, PoM pulls me back in. drat you Bristlebane!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

This current TLP was the first time I learned about all the spontaneous generation PoM armor, due to the existence of absurdly good shaman boots there. Then I learned what making the armor involved and immediately gave up on it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

blatman posted:

I really wish they'd do 115 fabled

or a new hardcore heritage zone for 115 though we probably won't see one of those until 120

I'm hoping the next hardcore heritage zone is Karnor's. The trains there were legendary. I was the cause for the majority of them back in 2000.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hardcore heritage plane of mischief except there's random drolvarg trains to the entrance for some reason, please look forward to it

if you survive the trains for long enough you get shaman boots with several thousand AC

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wonder if the game will come back up after the 36 hour maintenance they're starting tomorrow :corsair:

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
I've heard rumors that the next xpac will be Luclin based, so if there happens to be a new HH zone this year I'd expect it to be a Luclin zone. Maybe Fungus Grove or the Deep?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hardcore heritage acrylia caverns is one I could get behind if they jacked up the respawn rate

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Today's patch is finally doing something about the Plane of Storms toxic mess - The named giants that drop medallions will drop more, and regular giants have a small chance of also dropping medallions.

Will be interesting to see how many off the named, and how uncommon from the regular giants.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

servers came back up early, none of my pets are dead but i'm still at work so I can't do anything but gently prod general chat every once in awhile

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The roll out of the PoS change is so baffling. Including the fact it is time bound to when PoP unlocks so it is impossible to try out on test. Why on earth was that necessary?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

The roll out of the PoS change is so baffling. Including the fact it is time bound to when PoP unlocks so it is impossible to try out on test. Why on earth was that necessary?

Because it’s the competitive bottleneck for PoP progression. Guilds who want to be disruptive and/or are competing for server first elemental and time kills can use control of that zone’s named cycles to bottleneck other guilds from progression early in the expansion.

It’s borderline griefing/toxic gameplay at this point and EQ devs have made dozens of changes over the last few years as those sorts of player behavior impact events have been identified.

The fact that they made it temporary is what has surprised me most. It’s only that way for 2 months after PoP launch, and then reverts to, basically, the same system we have now. To my knowledge none of the other changes were temporary in scope or impact.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Its interesting to remember back to original Luclin and then PoP on live - so few guilds on a server ever actually saw in-era raid content as it was usually locked down by 1 or 2 other guilds.

I was in an average guild - in Luclin we probably got THO and Katta plus maybe a Rhag 1, but mostly did Velious.

In PoP we didn't even get a sniff of the elementals - Grummus/Xanamech level stuff was about it.

LDoN was a huge relief to the guild as we actually got to do stuff and got loot !

Then GoD came along which was beyond ugly when your not elemental geared and chewed up the guild and spat it out.

I much prefer the current TLPs with the AoC, and now GoD is one of my favourite expansions.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
PoP launch was super smooth on Selo. There were like 15+ picks of postorms that stayed open with no one in them for the first 20 hours. The guilds rushing time pretty much took turns clearing them out with only a handful of contests. Never learned whether it was player fuckery or dev fuckery but it was nice to be saved the headache.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

oh gently caress
https://twitter.com/everquest/status/1385740077259624450

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

He looks like he needs a Fedora.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Baconroll posted:

He looks like he needs a Fedora.

He probably had one but some adventurer soloed him 20 years back and stole it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It's probably a teaser about the halfling heritage crate.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Node posted:

It's probably a teaser about the halfling heritage crate.

i'm just hopeful for PoM content because if you look at the teleport clicky from one of the heritage crate items, this is what pops up:

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=53147

quote:

Slot 1: Teleport to pomischief, Location: 714, -858, 123

which is interesting because the plane of mischief zone we can access is "mischiefplane" and after some digging, it appears that "pomischief" is the axed zone from rain of fear that has an unused portal for it in shards landing (you have zone files in your eq folder for both mischiefplane and pomischief, the former having a last edited date of 2002 and the latter is from right around the time rof launched iirc), however the teleport location does line up with dumping you into the corner of the chessboard room in the existing mischiefplane zone so idk

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

blatman posted:

which is interesting because the plane of mischief zone we can access is "mischiefplane" and after some digging, it appears that "pomischief" is the axed zone from rain of fear that has an unused portal for it in shards landing (you have zone files in your eq folder for both mischiefplane and pomischief, the former having a last edited date of 2002 and the latter is from right around the time rof launched iirc), however the teleport location does line up with dumping you into the corner of the chessboard room in the existing mischiefplane zone so idk

It would be very on brand for the clicky to send to you to the abandonded copy&paste version of pom that brad was working on because someone put the wrong zone name in the spell.

Followed by an emergency patch, and the EQ forums being flooded by people who bought the loot box to get to the cool new zone.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Well, it's actually about a new server next month - Mischief

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/bristlebane-be-praised-mischief-is-coming.274654/

It sounds cool: "Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion. Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion." So if you're camping the mithril breastplate in SolB, you might get an executioner's axe instead!

It's also got Agents of Change, FV trade rules, and is Truebox.

Node fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 26, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Node posted:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/bristlebane-be-praised-mischief-is-coming.274654/

It sounds cool: "Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion. Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion." So if you're camping the mithril breastplate in SolB, you might get an executioner's axe instead!

Broke: People exploiting to keep FBSS camp locked down

Woke: People exploiting to keep literally every named spawn locked down

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm pretty stoked to find out about camps nobody bothered with that are good on this server

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that’s a great change that sounds pretty cool. Will definitely get people into some of the lesser used zones.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

That sounds really cool. There's a ton of named that were completely forgotten because they dropped trash, same for raid bosses.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think it will be a wild shitshow but at least it's interesting. Feels like the first server announcement that hasn't caused a massive backlash of anger from the community due to being super dumb and out of touch. Its definitely gonna super murder Aradune, probably at a similar level as Coirnav was murdered by Mangler. The announcement coming 2 days before PoP opens is particularly good

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I'll be continuing on Aradune, but I like that they are doing something original with the next server. Shows they aren't just phoning it in.

I will be following what happens as theres bound to be some real drama and comedy.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Frontier Mountain named cycle would be a real fun slot machine if you knew the cycle and had the right tools.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

onesixtwo posted:

Frontier Mountain named cycle would be a real fun slot machine if you knew the cycle and had the right tools.

The Trakanon Teeth hunter & forager cycle would be good, too.

At least the original one with instant repop. Not sure what it got changed to later.

Delightful Tonka Truck
Nov 20, 2004

New server sounds interesting, I had been getting the itch to play again, I think I'll be checking this one out.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
I've had the urge to play on a TLP again and was hoping there would be news of a new one soon, definitely going to check this out. Combination of random loot and free trade sounds like it's going to be both interesting and an economic nightmare!

Edit: I'm fuckin pumped for this total shitshow but also probably the best TLP!

https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/eq-tlp-mischief-free-trade-random-loot.12847/

https://twitch.tv/videos/1002115500 (starts about 8 minutes in, Zaide is kind of a shithead but he does know a lot about EQ)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1002115500?t=3061s - "We can talk dragonslayer to dragonslayer, let's be casual, there's no shame in it."

Also apparently an open source version (another one!) of MQ2 released a few weeks ago that works on TLPs, anyone have any info on that?

We still have a discord?

Shartweek fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 28, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Are epic quest drops nodrop in FV rules? If not, lol

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devor posted:

Are epic quest drops nodrop in FV rules? If not, lol

SOME are, but for the most part, no! epic 1.0 you can pretty much buy the materials in the bazaar

HOWEVER, because of mudflation, nobody can be bothered to get/sell those items anymore. your results may vary depending on the epic.

this new server sounds pretty exciting. firiona vie drop rules and random loot sounds amazing. ive played on FV my entire EQ experience and this is the only server i feel like i could play on and not get bored with the dumb loot rules.

im sure this server will be wild in many ways.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Assuming quest drops aren't being randomized, raster and pipe camps are going to be very fun to hear about. Especially with the accelerated classic/kunark

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Coolnezzz posted:

I've had the urge to play on a TLP again and was hoping there would be news of a new one soon, definitely going to check this out. Combination of random loot and free trade sounds like it's going to be both interesting and an economic nightmare!

Edit: I'm fuckin pumped for this total shitshow but also probably the best TLP!

https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/eq-tlp-mischief-free-trade-random-loot.12847/

https://twitch.tv/videos/1002115500 (starts about 8 minutes in, Zaide is kind of a shithead but he does know a lot about EQ)

https://twitch.tv/videos/1002115500?t=3061s - "We can talk dragonslayer to dragonslayer, let's be casual, there's no shame in it."

Also apparently an open source version (another one!) of MQ2 released a few weeks ago that works on TLPs, anyone have any info on that?

We still have a discord?

There's a mostly abandoned discord that has a handful of Mangler/Aradune TLP goons still around. Might be enough interest to make a fresh one for the new servers. I find server launches super off putting so I'm probably just gonna spectate for a few months.

MQ2 usable on truebox being widely available would be the best possible thing to happen, because they might actually be forced to act on it. Mass warping and bots have been a fixture of these servers since Agnarr and never taken seriously

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Solarin posted:

MQ2 usable on truebox being widely available would be the best possible thing to happen, because they might actually be forced to act on it. Mass warping and bots have been a fixture of these servers since Agnarr and never taken seriously

I agree with you but I doubt anything will come of it, the warping and far-taunt is bullshit. I'll just stick with adhering to truebox standards of using a handful of old machines and Multiplicity to control them all without the additional bulk of the keyboards/mice to do so. Most of the fun of these TLPs to me is boxing whole groups (and dropping members when goons/friends want to hang out with me).

I'm still trying to decide what to play. On Mangler, for farming I was rolling a mag/mag/wiz/enc/clr/shd group with a raid bard (my raid main) out of group with that sweet sweet Lcea's mana/hp regen song. Lcea's was so drat good, I should just roll a bard main again. Shoutout to onesixtwo, maybe I'll just single play a necro! So op in the first few expansions.

Shartweek fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Report on the Plane of Storms medallion change: it's a massive increase, to the point where it's possible to key your raid by doing modest splits in DZ

We got enough medallions for about 18 completed keys in ours tonight, which was close to the number of characters we needed to clear it. Huge and awesome improvement