Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's as if one of the hosts is Paul Lynde (but not gay!) and the other is Groucho Marx (but not Jewish!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will choose to not listen to a show about bad posts.

I can just look at my own posts if I want to make a game out of it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If I want bad posts I'll listen to Lou Reads the Internet

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
what if we made a podcast crossing the worst elements of WTYP with the best elements of Kiwifarms

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
That podcast is bad and if you like it then you like things that are bad

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Froghammer posted:

That podcast is bad and if you like it then you like things that are bad

But enough about graduation

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Clint is on Blank Check discussing Ishtar and it is everything I wanted it to be.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Inkspot posted:

Clint is on Blank Check discussing Ishtar and it is everything I wanted it to be.

Hell yes

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Inkspot posted:

Those men are pawns?!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If I ever want to check out some bad posts I just crank out a few more like usual. No podcast required.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I can't remember the context but someone on SA brought up that podcast as a recommend a while back and I thought "huh, sounds like a different flavor of The F+" but never checked it out, maybe not so much lol

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

flesh dance posted:

I can't remember the context but someone on SA brought up that podcast as a recommend a while back and I thought "huh, sounds like a different flavor of The F+" but never checked it out, maybe not so much lol

Listening to it absolutely felt like a cut-rate version of The F+ but "what if The F+ was homophobic and vaguely racist and also they didn't do the funny voices or tell jokes".

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
[pitching to Headgum]

it's 2002 GBS... but a podcast. :grin:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Bonaventure posted:

thanks, sounds miserable

Podcast content is hard. I haven’t done a new episode of mine in months, and I do is read unusual stories and make comments to myself. The news has been miserable and I just can’t get the inertia going to even record for 30 minutes.

Talking poo poo about embarrassing things on the internet sounds like drinking from a firehouse, especially if you and your cohost are chuds,

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I've always found it kind of funny how Wikipedia probably subsidizes 99% of podcast content.

Particularly one's recanting historical events or people, you lookup the subject and it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly that was the only research done :laugh:. It's not a bad thing, and lord knows I still enjoy listening to some that do that, but it does clarify how someone can juggle weekly research projects with everything else.

Unless you're Cocaine and Rhinestones, where the fella is taking three years before seasons. Which is a very good thing and good show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The World Inferno posted:

I've always found it kind of funny how Wikipedia probably subsidizes 99% of podcast content.

Particularly one's recanting historical events or people, you lookup the subject and it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly that was the only research done :laugh:. It's not a bad thing, and lord knows I still enjoy listening to some that do that, but it does clarify how someone can juggle weekly research projects with everything else.

Unless you're Cocaine and Rhinestones, where the fella is taking three years before seasons. Which is a very good thing and good show.

The theme of my podcast was originally to research and talk about paranormal incidents that happened in Kentucky from a skeptical perspective with my friends. Well, that took all of six months to completely exhaust. There was the Meat Shower, Edgar Cayce, the Hopkinsville Goblins and then it dries up after that. So, we moved on to other paranormal stories that we found interesting, but those dry up, too, when you're not invested in believing in them. Honestly, most any UFO, ghost, or cryptid story can he summed up and explained in about 15 minutes unless the people involved are eccentric and interesting. So, we went on to also covering true crime, which is a real passion of one of my co-hosts and we were able to coast on that for a long while. The show is mostly us being loud, vulgar people with progressive opinions and our small audience enjoyed that. Of course, COVID happened and we couldn't meet up anymore to record and my co-hosts aren't as tech savvy as I am, so no remote recording. I've been trying to put out an episode every couple months were I just read dump news stories, but between depression, my girlfriend having an alcoholic meltdown and leaving, and, well, depression, I haven't been very productive. I do a lot of technical prepping...my recording equipment and DAW are primed...but I just can't stand my own voice long enough to get at least 30 minutes of content in. I guess I have podcaster's block.

So, yeah, being a Dunning-Kruger empowered chud that can stream of consciousness with a complete lack of empathy about other people's embarrassing internet posting sounds like a real gift. I wish I could just confidently vomit mediocre yet consistent content.

Anyway. Glass shark was funny, amiright?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Besties should really just not do "best of" two parters. Their Zelda and GTA episodes felt like a colossal waste of time. They try to talk about way too many games than their episodes length can really handle, so you just get brief cliff notes opinions on some games that require more than "oh it's on the gameboy, it's fine."

I would rather listen to 30 minutes of them discussing whatever the hell they've been playing and their thoughts on it. Old, new, it doesn't matter. The formats for these "best of" episodes are just bad.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The World Inferno posted:

The dollops been going for years on the theme of "let's read 4 paragraphs of a Wikipedia article, but over 2 hours".

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Shinjobi posted:

The Besties should really just not do "best of" two parters. Their Zelda and GTA episodes felt like a colossal waste of time.
I mostly agree with this.

I think the problem is the hosts don't have a lot of time to actually play games, or try out anything new in the slow season of what's going to be a slow year.

Leading to these low-research episodes that amount to saying one or two facts about 8 games instead of anything of substance. Doubly silly to break them up into two parts.

A weekly show that gets no revenue must be a grind. I've been playing the same game the last three weeks and I probably couldn't get that many podcasts episodes out of it.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

The theme of my podcast was originally to research and talk about paranormal incidents that happened in Kentucky from a skeptical perspective with my friends. Well, that took all of six months to completely exhaust. There was the Meat Shower, Edgar Cayce, the Hopkinsville Goblins and then it dries up after that. So, we moved on to other paranormal stories that we found interesting, but those dry up, too, when you're not invested in believing in them. Honestly, most any UFO, ghost, or cryptid story can he summed up and explained in about 15 minutes unless the people involved are eccentric and interesting. So, we went on to also covering true crime, which is a real passion of one of my co-hosts and we were able to coast on that for a long while. The show is mostly us being loud, vulgar people with progressive opinions and our small audience enjoyed that. Of course, COVID happened and we couldn't meet up anymore to record and my co-hosts aren't as tech savvy as I am, so no remote recording. I've been trying to put out an episode every couple months were I just read dump news stories, but between depression, my girlfriend having an alcoholic meltdown and leaving, and, well, depression, I haven't been very productive. I do a lot of technical prepping...my recording equipment and DAW are primed...but I just can't stand my own voice long enough to get at least 30 minutes of content in. I guess I have podcaster's block.

So, yeah, being a Dunning-Kruger empowered chud that can stream of consciousness with a complete lack of empathy about other people's embarrassing internet posting sounds like a real gift. I wish I could just confidently vomit mediocre yet consistent content.

Anyway. Glass shark was funny, amiright?

A) I'm very sorry you're going through a tough time. Depression is a bitch.

B) What's the name of your podcast? I'm a fan of Kentucky based paranormal stuff, so this sounds like my kinda party.

C) I assume you saw Hellier? How soon did you figure out they're a bunch of idiots?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Inkspot posted:

Clint saying "oh no that would be such a Travis thing to do" re interrupting hosts in the first five minutes was golden

Blank Check is a good podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

fadam posted:

The latest Report This Post is on the McElroy brothers and a solid half of the episode are Travis posts and apologies for the posts.

https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost

Cool podcast where they mock people with Down syndrome like two seconds into it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

fadam posted:

The latest Report This Post is on the McElroy brothers and a solid half of the episode are Travis posts and apologies for the posts.

https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost

having now subjected myself to 15 minutes of this horseshit— you honestly ought to be banned for recommending this, Jesus Christ

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Was subjected to far more RTP than I'd care to admit, and it's just lazy edgelord punching down nonsense. I'm sure there's room for misanthropic mockery of the worst kind of posts without being a total mean-spirited shitass but this isn't it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i agree that the person unironically posting chud poo poo is most likely a pro-travis false flag op

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sydnee, Sawbones dated May 4 2016: "Chip was way cooler than Dale, he had that bomber jacket. I always shipped him and Gadget."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
And she married the Dale-est mofo I've seen

How quaint

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

And she married the Dale-est mofo I've seen

How quaint

Some people like stability and consistence and Justin today looks exactly the same as the day he was born.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

grittyreboot posted:

A) I'm very sorry you're going through a tough time. Depression is a bitch.

B) What's the name of your podcast? I'm a fan of Kentucky based paranormal stuff, so this sounds like my kinda party.

C) I assume you saw Hellier? How soon did you figure out they're a bunch of idiots?

A) Thank you for your empathy.

B) The Kentucky Colonels of Truth. I really don’t recommend it.

C) As soon as I saw them. Art school ‘content creator’ Cincinnati hipsters with woo-woo beliefs going for a long weekend in eastern Kentucky? They are incredibly lucky there weren’t bludgeoned to death by meth heads for their camera equipment.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

C) As soon as I saw them. Art school ‘content creator’ Cincinnati hipsters with woo-woo beliefs going for a long weekend in eastern Kentucky? They are incredibly lucky there weren’t bludgeoned to death by meth heads for their camera equipment.

This is completely off-topic, but as someone who also suffered through Hellier it drove me crazy when they made a huge deal out of the one dude's "Be careful out there and watch your back." Like, he wasn't warning you about a dark cabal. He just didn't want them to wander onto some dude's land and get a gun pointed at them, or stumble upon said meth heads. Also...synchronicity man :2bong:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know episodes can drop on Monday or Tuesday, but I was really banking on the episode dropping today for that fresh shot of McElroy laughter.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Marsupial Ape posted:

The Kentucky Colonels of Truth

excellent name

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

This is completely off-topic, but as someone who also suffered through Hellier it drove me crazy when they made a huge deal out of the one dude's "Be careful out there and watch your back." Like, he wasn't warning you about a dark cabal. He just didn't want them to wander onto some dude's land and get a gun pointed at them, or stumble upon said meth heads. Also...synchronicity man :2bong:

Every town has that one common sense, altruistic redneck kid and that was him. “Ya’ll fancy people don’t follow tweakers into the woods”.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When’s TTAZZ again?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jean Grae is the McElroy Sister I always needed on the show.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The rapper Jean Grae? Or is there a second Jean Grae? That's wild if the former.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tears In A Vial posted:

The rapper Jean Grae? Or is there a second Jean Grae? That's wild if the former.

Yep! She has been on a few other Max Fun podcasts in the past so I'm not too surprised, but it's always nice to see her guest on something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I can't believe Griffin is gone from the podcast forever

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jean Grae has been on Judge John Hodgman at least four times that I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Oh I didn't realise. That's cool. Jean Grae is awesome