Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Democratic Pirate posted:

I would do some naughty things to that corn

Home cooks make do 🌽

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i haven't been keeping up for a few pages. some reactions:

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Made some buffalo wings and a pizza. Haven’t made a non-gluten free pizza with regular dough in about a year, so I’m really happy with how it came out.

Half capicola, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers. And half veggie.

if i could order this delivered i would probably never eat any other kind of pizza again

pro starcraft loser posted:

Tried a mushroom and beef sauce for some noods.

creamy beefy noods is something i could eat over and over without end

Casu Marzu posted:

Impossible meat mushroom & swiss burg

swiss & shroom burgs are also high on the list of things i could eat unendingly

BBQ Dave posted:

Hey, goons this is a recipe I got out of One Pan Two Plates.
Salmon Concasse

*Preheat broiler and select an ovenable pan*

Put the following into a dish:
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Zest and juice of an orange
2 tbsp minced dill
Two Salmon Fillets, pat dry then add salt & pepper

While that's marinating,
Mince a bunch of shallots, 1/4 or 1/2 cup
Trim two medium zucchini, then quarter and slice thinly
Core two large ripe tomatoes and cut each into 16 pieces each
Mince some garlic and toss it in with the tomatoes
Drink some 2 buck chuck cuz you gotta work late on Easter eve then early on Easter and tomorrow you have school

Sautee shallots until browned, then zucchini with Salt and Pepper until soft but not squishy, finally throw in garlic and tomato

When thickened and saucy" as the book says, form a mound and put the salmon on skin side down and pour in juices, broil 7-9 min

Garnish with brined Feta Cheese and serve with Iced Tea cuz what am I gonna do with the rest of this lemon?

i think zucchini and most other nightshades taste like poison, but this salmon looks very bomb

to contribute: i made chicken with cumin, coriander, and paprika with bacon, mushroom, shallots, thyme, white wine vin and homemade chicken stock sauce over rice with asparagus tips and lemon

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Beef and mushroom lo mien tonight. Really wish I knew how to make shrimp toast.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

2 shrimp, 1 toast

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Rice n chicken schwarma.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

That rice looks incredible.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Crossposting from the burger thread:

Decent 80-20 from a guy on the market with only pepper added.
Get a crust, salt and flip: top the crust with cheese

DO IT AGAIN

Toast yer bun, add burger sauce. In this case: kewpie mayo, ketchup, mustard, pecan smoke flavour, Valentina, pepper, chopped onions and gherkins.

Eat.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

gently caress yeah smash burger. Worth turning my apt into a meat sauna for.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
That’s TOO MUCH SAUCE

(That’s a good looking burger and appropriate amount of sauce)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Torquemada posted:

Decent 80-20 from a guy on the market

Like, looking to date?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Why yes, I decided to start a Bolognese sauce long cook at 6 PM, why do you ask?

Absolutely worth it btw, not the prettiest thing I've ever cooked but definitely one of the best tasting.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Why yes, I decided to start a Bolognese sauce long cook at 6 PM, why do you ask?

Absolutely worth it btw, not the prettiest thing I've ever cooked but definitely one of the best tasting.

Hey, it’s Saturday night :thumbsup:

I’ve driven to the grocery store at 12am to make Night Steak once or twice.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I always eat pretty late. In the before times I got home from work at like 6:30, and I hated to just walk in the door and immediately start cooking, so I wouldn't get started until later. You can pretend you're being classy and European.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
a few hours running the smoker in hot sun for a meal for just me and my wife.

Absolutely goddamn worth it.

Half rack of smoked ribs - dry rubbed with garlic, onion, paprika, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and brown sugar, wet glaze of mustard, Jack Daniels, maple syrup and other Flavoursome Things. Meat just pulls straight off the bone. Garlic, rosemary and ramson smoked chicken wings.

Served up with a savoy cabbage, onion and padron pepper slaw, a little shredded red gem lettuce, and herb and pepper seasoned fries.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
chopped up some left over beef ribs and fried then until almost crunchy, dry rubbed with some paprika, toasted ancho, toasted pasilla, sugar, salt, and black garlic... added some sesame seed oil when frying

chicharrón de costilla

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Olpainless posted:

a few hours running the smoker in hot sun for a meal for just me and my wife.

Absolutely goddamn worth it.

Half rack of smoked ribs - dry rubbed with garlic, onion, paprika, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and brown sugar, wet glaze of mustard, Jack Daniels, maple syrup and other Flavoursome Things. Meat just pulls straight off the bone. Garlic, rosemary and ramson smoked chicken wings.

Served up with a savoy cabbage, onion and padron pepper slaw, a little shredded red gem lettuce, and herb and pepper seasoned fries.

I also smoked some ribs this weekend :hfive:

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I do huge 20lb 8-10 hour batches and freeze in 2lb vacuum sealed packs lasts for a few months, usually while playing dota on a sunday or w/e.

Same thing with chorizo, definitely worth the relatively small effort for months of obscenely delicious food.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 25, 2021

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Was going to make paprikash but forgot I had a butternut squash that needed using.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Time for a snack run waaaaaait a minute

Hmmm...I do have a lot of beans and lentils left over, and that batch of baba ganoush I tried to make.

Perfect!

And yes, that was not nearly enough injera.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

ogarza posted:

chopped up some left over beef ribs and fried then until almost crunchy, dry rubbed with some paprika, toasted ancho, toasted pasilla, sugar, salt, and black garlic... added some sesame seed oil when frying

chicharrón de costilla

would

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Veal with brown butter and capers, and potatoes that even my potato-hating wife loves.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I also smoked some ribs this weekend :hfive:

Transcendent rib game.

ogarza posted:

chicharrón de costilla

Well now I know what to do with my spare beef ribs if there ever is any.

Torquemada posted:

Veal with brown butter and capers, and potatoes that even my potato-hating wife loves.

This looks amazing.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grilled swordfish, corn, and zucchini :)

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
tacos de fideo seco, yes... pasta tacos

vermicelli cooked in a chicken stock, tomato, serrano, garlic, onion, and chipotle salsa (was missing ancho chili that I did not have on hand).

chorizo is home made from pork belly, shoulder, and ghost pepper in addition to the other the traditional ingredients.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Lamb tagine with saffron rice

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

:captainpop::chanpop::gizz:

breaks
May 12, 2001

Torquemada posted:

Lamb tagine with saffron rice

this looks delish and the banquet soda is a nice touch

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Nice looking hambongle! Rack of lamb with spring greens and dauphinois, this was the tits.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Cheesy herbed breadcrumb-crusted and herb-stuffed boneless leg of lamb, which I had with some roasted new potatoes. A little more done than I was shooting for, but it was very good.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress yeah all this looks dope

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Meal prep this week:

First attempt at Zaozhuang spicy chicken. Wasn't too bad, but probably a bit off from the real thing.

Pan fried cod with a cauliflower, pomegranate and pistachio salad .

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Nice crumb on the cod! Cinco de Mayo today, so I’m flinging together something that a Mexican might recognise as food. Guac, salsa roja and black bean frijoles at the back, burnt cabbage salad at the front. Not pictured, pork shoulder, queso, crema, tortillas, Modelo.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Torquemada posted:

Not pictured, pork shoulder, queso, crema, tortillas, Modelo.

Why the gently caress isn't it pictured :mad:

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm picturing it right now and I want it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Huevos rancheros for me tonight :)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Some simple black bean and chicken enchiladas in the oven

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Pork tacos. Didn't have a recipe, just put stuff into other stuff into my instant pot. Found some blue maseca at a store and made tortillas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Everyone is posting their Cinco de Mayo photos so here's mine. We made chicken tinga tortas on fresh baked telera rolls.