Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Quietly pays for a kid's tuition, as mentioned on the Oscars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Honestly this doesnt make me mad. He seems like a stand up dude. He just makes terrible movies.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Harrison Ford looks way more out of it than Sean Connery did in The Last Crusade lol

Well, hes 20 years older than Connery was in Last Crusade.

He was older than Sean in Crystal Skull.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's really amazing that he got that rich without literally making 1 good movie.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There are other cultures out there that you don't know. I know it can be frightening. We grow up in a bubble and are suprised that people go about poo poo in different ways.

How to prick that bubble and let all cultures know each other? Through Film, I suppose.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

Quietly pays for a kid's tuition, as mentioned on the Oscars
Hahaha, I was sure someone was going to have a bad take on Perry being legit a pretty decent dude.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

My Face When posted:

I believe in the hype of In The Heights.

The play was pretty good. I thought I was going to hate it before seeing it and was like "who is this Lin Manuel guy, its gonna be crap."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

My Face When posted:

I believe in the hype of In The Heights.

I really liked the play but I saw it knowing nothing about the story and it was before Lin Manuel Miranda fatigue was at crisis levels.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

mcmagic posted:

It's really amazing that he got that rich without literally making 1 good movie.

Not only that, he somehow became a great humanitarian while accumulating one billion dollars.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Zeluth posted:

There are other cultures out there that you don't know. I know it can be frightening. We grow up in a bubble and are suprised that people go about poo poo in different ways.

How to prick that bubble and let all cultures know each other? Through Film, I suppose.

I guess it's true that film is a subjective art form.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hahaha, I was sure someone was going to have a bad take on Perry being legit a pretty decent dude.

He doesn't hate cops, so found a flaw besides him making billions exploiting and feeding into the worst of Southern black culture for profit.

Hes a pretty good dude otherwise though.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Zeluth posted:

Im not sure what this is in reference to, but yes, i agree.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
In the Heights is going to get 6.5 on IMDB and 68 on Metacritic.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I really liked the play but I saw it knowing nothing about the story and it was before Lin Manuel Miranda fatigue was at crisis levels.

At least our play hell is Hamilton and we dont have to pretend to have been bog into the 90s and our defining play is Rent.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Lid posted:

At least our play hell is Hamilton and we dont have to pretend to have been bog into the 90s and our defining play is Rent.

Oh god. gently caress rent.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Score for Soul

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Lid posted:

Or the 80s and having Cats be the defining cultural moment

What was the theater hell in the 70s, Equus?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This Oscar gets my first clap.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
It’s so cool that Trent Reznor is such a powerhouse film music guy now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Trent Reznor getting an Oscar for scoring a Disney movie is probably not something you ever thought you would see happen back in 1994.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Lid posted:

If I saw Hamilton without hype and it exited theaters a week later it would have been ok. It’s fine, not Nytimes review telling people to sell all their possessions to see it good, but alright. Gah just remembered Judge John Hodgman sentencing someone to see it again during peak ticket prices because he didn’t think they were paying enough attention :negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You know what is cool about this Oscars? No boring musical performances.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Best Song goes to Fight for You

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Codependent Poster posted:

Trent Reznor getting an Oscar for scoring a Disney movie is probably not something you ever thought you would see happen back in 1994.

This blows my mind as well.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shoulda been Husavik :mad:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Why are they just calling her her? Is she the rapper with no name and just call her by her pronouns

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
That’s a big surprise I think

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Chuka Umana posted:

Why are they just calling her her? Is she the rapper with no name and just call her about her pronouns

Her stage name is H.E.R

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Oh yeah the Queen stuff was not great, did not need to hear We Will Rock You for the millionth time. Or a decades late Lose Yourself.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

HER's speech was pretty good

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Why are we doing this

Just get to the last awards

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

My Face When posted:

Her stage name is H.E.R

drat was hoping someone would play along with the joke

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

smug n stuff posted:

Why are we doing this

Just get to the last awards

Agreed.

Maybe trying to make sure there wont be another Moonlight fiasco

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

mcmagic posted:

The monkey's paw curls.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
wtf are they even talking about

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Imagining this guy becoming the new face for “talk to the audience? Oh god this is always death”

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Chuka Umana posted:

drat was hoping someone would play along with the joke

Sorry. My humor is losing it.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
At least Glenn Close wins something

This is so so dumb

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Glenn Close doing Da Butt.

gently caress me sideways. Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So were they running 20 minutes ahead or...

also how did Questlove direct that movie? It looked like it was all documentary footage.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 26, 2021