Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It’s absolutely pissing raining on Fiorina right now so come catch some ‘canth!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have turnips on sale for 90 bells this morning, would people be interested in taking advantage of the lowest possible price?

Edit: gate’s open, code is in the PGS thread.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 25, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m bumping this in case anybody missed it and is still interested. Only a half hour left! If nobody shows up in the next few minutes I’m gonna close up shop.

Edit: Gate closed

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 25, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wolfgang is in boxes today, hit me up if you'd like a nice blue wolf on your island.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Black Robe posted:

Wolfgang is in boxes today, hit me up if you'd like a nice blue wolf on your island.

If he's still available, I'd be more than happy to take him in. I just set up a plot of land for a new house to be built.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

W.T. Fits posted:

If he's still available, I'd be more than happy to take him in. I just set up a plot of land for a new house to be built.

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Black Robe posted:

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you now.

Got him! Thanks again!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

There's an update coming this week. Sadly it's pretty disappointing. We're getting minor enhancements to the existing May and June events and a few new seasonal items.

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1386666376358768641?s=20

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Thanks for showing up right in front of my house this morning, Flick. Saved me from wondering/getting my hopes up as to who's visiting my island today. (It was also convenient as I could just run back inside and grab some bugs for him to make into a model :v:)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

One of the pictures on the Nintendo page for the update shows a house that doesn’t belong to any villager.

https://twitter.com/acworldblog/status/1386727310561357835?s=21

Like most updates I’m sure there will be little enhancements they didn’t mention. Nothing huge but hopefully some quality of life stuff. At this rate the next big announcement will probably be E3, if at all.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hoping it's Felyne.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

One of the pictures on the Nintendo page for the update shows a house that doesn’t belong to any villager.

Like most updates I’m sure there will be little enhancements they didn’t mention. Nothing huge but hopefully some quality of life stuff. At this rate the next big announcement will probably be E3, if at all.

Rover?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Fish flags? Bug statues?

This is clearly where Flick and CJ live.

As roommates.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ChickenDoodle posted:

Fish flags? Bug statues?

This is clearly where Flick and CJ live.

As roommates.

"roommates"

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

seriously

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHzjXrEiQqQ

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Maybe we're going to get more options for the outside of player houses? I remember New Leaf had funky faux-brownstone-duplex options and the like.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Picayune posted:

Maybe we're going to get more options for the outside of player houses? I remember New Leaf had funky faux-brownstone-duplex options and the like.

This is what I'm hoping and one of the things that has disappointed me about NH.

Yeah this update seems pretty underwhelming. As much as NH has added, it took so, so much away from AC. Actual diverse personalities of the neighbors, outer home decorating, Brewster... I'm not saying NH is bad at all, but it just kind of flattened a lot of the experience and could be so much better.

edit: I mean, for Zelda's 35th anniversary I'm hoping that there are items put in ACNH like the Mario items, but the possibility of having a visit from Kass would be amazing, and it's something that would have been done in New Leaf.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 27, 2021

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Hey goons Redd is here with a real Sinking and a real Twinkling paintings. Come enjoy my disorganized island which is 5 stars for some reason. If you need flower items come and pick some petals to your hearts content; I’m only missing green mums and blue roses

DC: battery almost dead will reopen later

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 27, 2021

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Actual diverse personalities of the neighbors,

absolutely out of your mind if you think new leaf had this

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Admittedly I’ve only seen one LP of New Leaf to go by, but this personality everyone keeps talking about was just “ruder”. Like, drat. Sorry I don’t want total assholes in my Happy Island Paradise.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

All right. Done my dailies, gave Katt her birthday present, threw bugs at Flick, learned I have a good turnip price tomorrow morning - when I'm at work, meaning that I have to time travel later to sell. But first...

Time to find a new friend.

Islands: short river and pond, mountain, waterfall

Rejects: Drago, Monty

Final pick: Tybalt.

Dang, that was fast. Thank you, game. Now to time travel and sell my vegetables, which I believe will also move my new jock tiger in ahead of schedule.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd has once again docked at Fiorina’s secret beach with some art! Today he’s got:
-Fake Famous Painting
-Real Scary Painting
-Fake Wild Painting Left Half
-Fake Mystic Statue
-Unlimited black fax machines
-Unlimited laid-back gnome

Everything in Nooks is up for grabs. The rose bed in front of Pietro’s house would appreciate some watering if you’re up for that, also I adore bulletin board messages! I’ll be AFK doing college assignments so ping me if things go fucky or if you buy art so I can update the listing.

Dodo in PGS thread

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 27, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ChickenDoodle posted:

Admittedly I’ve only seen one LP of New Leaf to go by, but this personality everyone keeps talking about was just “ruder”. Like, drat. Sorry I don’t want total assholes in my Happy Island Paradise.

That really only applies to the original, everyone has been pretty chill afterwards and that's probably why it's been a common complaint ever since.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you'd think people would have enough places to go where people are terrible and poo poo on you without wanting it from your videogames as well

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oddium posted:

absolutely out of your mind if you think new leaf had this

All i remember is that there were more than 12 canned responses from the neighbors, including grumpy neighbors actually being grumpy and having prickly personalities. It seems like now all lazys talk about bugs, all peppys will talk about loving Maglev Mike and so on.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Surprise surprise, the new house is… non-existent.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2021/04/nintendo-addresses-mysterious-house-animal-crossing-new-horizons-theory-in-official-response/

Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1387074240243982342

In other news, I have Redd on my island and he still has a real Academic painting

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

edit: I mean, for Zelda's 35th anniversary I'm hoping that there are items put in ACNH like the Mario items, but the possibility of having a visit from Kass would be amazing, and it's something that would have been done in New Leaf.
There were four years between the original release of New Leaf and the Welcome Amiibo update. For those four years there were no meaningful updates to New Leaf. (Three years in North America, since the game came out a year late here.) They absolutely would not have commemorated anything like that in New Leaf, especially not a single year after release.

I hope they have plans for Brewster, but I feel like everything else you're missing about New Leaf is rose tinted glasses.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I am definitely not the only person who has noticed that the personalities of the neighbors have been flattened. Also things like less options for decorating the outside of your house is incredibly noticeable.

It's a shame the 7-11 set is no longer around :sigh:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It definitely feels like villagers repeat themselves more often. Still, being able to put furniture and stuff outside is such a game changer. I can't really believe that it's new to this one, even though I played new leaf.

The wardrobe and storage interface is incredible as well, at least as far as making interacting with all your stuff actually possible. Again, I can't believe how clunky it originally was.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

just got this game and made about two weeks of progress so far. never played another one in the series before so i have no idea whats missing or new. turnip prices on my island have been below 40 and dropping so far this week which is hosed up but i guess thats just how it is.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Poniard posted:

just got this game and made about two weeks of progress so far. never played another one in the series before so i have no idea whats missing or new. turnip prices on my island have been below 40 and dropping so far this week which is hosed up but i guess thats just how it is.

Mate if you ever need anything in this game, mention it, and a million goons will descend on your island and rain foreign fruit and Christmas ornaments out of the sky

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

HopperUK posted:

Mate if you ever need anything in this game, mention it, and a million goons will descend on your island and rain foreign fruit and Christmas ornaments out of the sky

I mean, the mental image of this is hilarious, and it’s also completely true.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

HopperUK posted:

sherb just gave me a bidet and that's about all i need in my house right now

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

CELESTE IS HERE. Code in PGS thread

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Villagers in this game have a ton of lines, they just tend to repeat the same 2-3 lines based on your level of friendship as their opening lines for the day, or if you talk to them while they're making a DIY. You have to talk to them more than once to get something unique, or in different situations, so it's easy to feel this way.

Most people probably have friendship maxed, so they're hearing a lot of lines about going out on a sail boat with their cranky, compliments on their big ol' round head from their lazy, maybe invited to hang out for the next 8 hours by their sisterly.

Fewer people will see lines about other human villagers living on the island, about other islanders visiting, lines about excessive activities you've done the day prior (e.g. using a lot of reactions), etc. Even fewer will experience the personality vs. personality conversations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I keep getting told off about hitting too many rocks. SORRY Astrid was your baby trying to sleep? Pssh.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally got the golden shovel today. Is that the final new Gulliver gift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
You gotta talk to your villagers like 40 times to get through their tutorial dialogue