Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This honestly feels like the perfect combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

That's kinda hosed up. A guy died.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pwnstar posted:

Playing Persona 4 and the Scooby Gang are like "hmm what could possibly link these murder victims that are being thrown into tv land?" and I'm hootin' and hollerin' when they won't let me give the obvious answer.

Game is fun so far but the Persona system is v. daunting.

How far in are you? I stalled out during the 4th? dungeon. It's not difficult, just reality got in the way. The most difficult thing so far is managing my free time, especially since many people won't hang out with you until you finish the drat dungeons. And the weather! :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone is excited for Resident Evil Village, but Pokemon Snap comes out this Friday, and I am also really excited for that game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The puzzles in that portal game sound interesting. I'd like to give it a shot, at least just to see.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ymgve posted:

So it is true, goons will literally hate any game with critical acclaim, given enough time

*straightens my bowtie* ah, that's my cue

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ymgve posted:

So it is true, goons will literally hate any game with critical acclaim, given enough time

super mario world is a piece of poo poo

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

https://twitter.com/TechnocratGames/status/1386249371843448833

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I stepped down as mod today, if that's the kind of thing anyone cares about. There's no drama or behind-the-scenes goings on that caused this, just me not being a good fit for that kind of role and doing what's best for myself as well as feeling like the rest of the team (VG, Harrow, NikkolasKing and super star IK Metis) can and will make sure that Games remains one of the best places to talk about video games, on the internet.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Also look at my black mushroom look how good it is

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, there’s a Crash mobile game? Is it any good?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Also look at my black mushroom look how good it is

Now that's one big mushroom.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I stepped down as mod today, if that's the kind of thing anyone cares about. There's no drama or behind-the-scenes goings on that caused this, just me not being a good fit for that kind of role and doing what's best for myself as well as feeling like the rest of the team (VG, Harrow, NikkolasKing and super star IK Metis) can and will make sure that Games remains one of the best places to talk about video games, on the internet.

congratulations!

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

congratulations!

Looper, no! You've replied first so now you're next on the list to become a mod. Godspeed you, gentle dingus.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Looper, no! You've replied first so now you're next on the list to become a mod. Godspeed you, gentle dingus.

the modsmoot must meet

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

trap sprung

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

goongratulations!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

ymgve posted:

If it's about Portal 2 I disliked it from partway through my first playthrough, and the second one with commentary only cemented it, so "enough time" isn't that much. The part where he kills you is still a great scene though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've stepped down as mod today, if anyone cares about that kind of thing. it was a brief tenure but i like to think i learned a lot about myself

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1386624205689602052

Maybe it's a good thing events like in-person E3 are dead and people can't easily meet game devs and the people what make the decisions about said games anymore these days if stories like this are going to become more commonplace over time.

And by more commonplace I mean like, happen at all in the first place.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Looper posted:

I've stepped down as mod today, if anyone cares about that kind of thing. it was a brief tenure but i like to think i learned a lot about myself

Congratulations!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Congratulations!

Great, now we're stuck in a loop

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Harrow posted:

Great, now we're stuck in a loop

This is what you get when Looper is around

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Congratulations!

I am beginning to notice a pattern here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

We can sass you once again!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You granted me my prestigious title so you did a great job in my book

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Now I can claim that [game that you like] sucks a lot and I can skirt all punishment for it!

Bwahahahahahuahahahahaha!!!!

But no, cool for you to step down if you didn't think it was working. It ain't a volunteer gig you should drag yourself through.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Now I can claim that [game that you like] sucks a lot and I can skirt all punishment for it!

Bwahahahahahuahahahahaha!!!!

But no, cool for you to step down if you didn't think it was working. It ain't a volunteer gig you should drag yourself through.

Please post about how Binding of Isaac sucks it's my current game-i'm-liking-a-lot

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Please post about how Binding of Isaac sucks it's my current game-i'm-liking-a-lot

I really need to play this one of these days. I want to get this game on Steam.

May 8, 2006

boi would be cooler if the devs didn't confuse 'adding difficulty' with 'increasing enemy hp'

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Relax Or DIE posted:

boi would be cooler if the devs didn't confuse 'adding difficulty' with 'increasing enemy hp'

More if they would let go of the idea that every expansion has to make the game harder in the first place

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Did you get repentence? So many of the little graphical updates are superb QOL stuff. I have many many hours in BoI and I seriously dig the new version. will be happy when the expansion comes out for switch as I can "game-on-the-go" (Tm)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

grats on your reclaimed freedom to commit crimes against posting

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

btw that kirby is weirdly more terrifying than the one of Many Mouths

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Did you get repentence? So many of the little graphical updates are superb QOL stuff. I have many many hours in BoI and I seriously dig the new version. will be happy when the expansion comes out for switch as I can "game-on-the-go" (Tm)

I did and I started a new save. Have been cracking through the unlocks on the new one and having a blast so far.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Gripweed posted:

That's kinda hosed up. A guy died.

A person with severe mental illness fixated on a brand mascot, if we disappeared all public figures and famous characters that were vilified by people with personality disorders there would be none left.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

btw that kirby is weirdly more terrifying than the one of Many Mouths

It is completely the goofy face I have been making in my recent souls odyssey everytime someone reminds me I need to heal. I am doing way better in Sekiro though.

I should rename myself Sekirby.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
did you know that kirby was just a doodle that sakurai did as a placeholder while they figured out what the real kirby was supposed to look like? and then everybody liked the doodle so much they never changed it?

i didn't, it's a charming story.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

did you know that kirby was just a doodle that sakurai did as a placeholder while they figured out what the real kirby was supposed to look like? and then everybody liked the doodle so much they never changed it?

i didn't, it's a charming story.

Also if the box art for Kirby’s Dream Land is to be believed he was originally white instead of pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

in the blood/souls/seks gangtag cool posters have what is the magik part referring to