Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's for pet island after you buy the monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, are there any Witches, Wraiths, Incubators, and/or Magical Girls in Homura’s world? If not, maybe they really are better off (though I imagine something’s going to go horribly wrong or else we wouldn’t have a plot for the next movie).
There aren't and Homura has made Kyubey her prison bitch in exchange for cutting off Madoka's independence. A fair trade.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Grouchio posted:

There aren't and Homura has made Kyubey her prison bitch in exchange for cutting off Madoka's independence. A fair trade.

That’s what I thought, kind of makes me wonder what the plot of the fourth movie is going to be then.

Though why is Sayaka allowed to have her old memories but nobody else can?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The title is something like 'Walpurgis Turns the Tide', so we could see who the Walpurgis Night girl is this time (like with the ep 3 witch showing up in Rebellion).

I did like Rebellions as an ending but I'm curious to see if Madoka can find another interesting sequel angle.

Walpurgisnacht is made from many witches so that wouldn’t happen.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Grouchio posted:

Madoka's psychopomp solution wasn't a terribly good one anyway since Kyubey and co. are like the American military and oil when it comes to magical girls and their free energy from their suffering. They can't resist themselves.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Really, we don't have enough details about how the post-Rebellion world works to figure out if Homura did anything wrong (beyond messing with people's memories, which to be fair, is pretty hosed up).

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Homura did nothing wrong.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

Homura did nothing wrong.

Unironically this.

I was initially pretty bummed by the ending of Rebellion since it overturned the "Happy Ending" of the original series. But given the events of the movie up to that point, Homura actually made the world a better place and her solution is far more stable than Madoka's.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

True, which is why I’m curious to see how things inevitably go horribly wrong in the next movie.

Yeah, she’s basically keeping Madoka as a slave and making sure her old memories stay repressed but who’s to say the world wouldn’t suddenly get worse if she ever regained her true power.

Otherwise there are no Witches, the girls can live normal lives again and Kyubey is left unable to interfere (so far at least), sounds like a pretty good deal to me overall.

In other words, Madoka only dealt with one aspect of the problem (making it so magical girls can no longer become witches) whereas Homura appears to have done away with the cycle altogether.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 26, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

From the cooking subforum I imagine

Everything Burrito posted:

could get some use in the music forums too :v:

Ironically it's not a tag in The Goon Doctor Subforum.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

True, which is why I’m curious to see how things inevitably go horribly wrong in the next movie.

Yeah, she’s basically keeping Madoka as a slave and making sure her old memories stay repressed but who’s to say the world wouldn’t suddenly get worse if she ever regained her true power.

Otherwise there are no Witches, the girls can live normal lives again and Kyubey is left unable to interfere (so far at least), sounds like a pretty good deal to me overall.

In other words, Madoka only dealt with one aspect of the problem (making it so magical girls can no longer become witches) whereas Homura appears to have done away with the cycle altogether.
I wonder if it's gonna be that old "Chased off the demonscycle, theyit still followed you home" chestnut.

Julias posted:

Ironically it's not a tag in The Goon Doctor Subforum.
I feel like Invicta and A.s.P. would go crazy from all the dumb jokes really fast.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The title is something like 'Walpurgis Turns the Tide', so we could see who the Walpurgis Night girl is this time (like with the ep 3 witch showing up in Rebellion).

I did like Rebellions as an ending but I'm curious to see if Madoka can find another interesting sequel angle.

So something like "Walpurgis Revolution"

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avr15WCldtY

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 26, 2021

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

Walpurgisnacht is made from many witches so that wouldn’t happen.

Oh is there a canon source anywhere on that? I'd always kind of intuited as much just from the name and how strong it was but I don't remember any seeing anything official.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There'd still probably be an original magical girl who started it?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh is there a canon source anywhere on that? I'd always kind of intuited as much just from the name and how strong it was but I don't remember any seeing anything official.

I’m pretty sure Homura mentions it during one of her briefings to the others in one of the loops.

As for Homura’s “solution,” no doubt that it is breaking all sorts of universal laws but the fundamental difference between her solution and Madoka’s is that Madoka’s changed the laws of the universe while Homura’s was merely creating a near-universe sized bounded field where she can manipulate the rules within it.

No loving way that is sustainable and anyone who thinks that is “more stable” than Madoka’s solution is kidding themselves.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The oldest Ancient Divine Beast, the Demon Lord, and the Ruler of Gluttony. She is actually the Origin Taratect, the progenitor of the entire taratect spider-monster species, All taratects are her kin and offspring, directly descended from her, and their souls are connected to her.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
narrative logic fan vs evil lesbian god pocket dimension enjoyer

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa05cjbFhlM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

The oldest Ancient Divine Beast, the Demon Lord, and the Ruler of Gluttony. She is actually the Origin Taratect, the progenitor of the entire taratect spider-monster species, All taratects are her kin and offspring, directly descended from her, and their souls are connected to her.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

Ain't she a cutie?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

i get the reference

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

It's me.

I'm the reference. :c00lbert:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

x

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Someone at Sony hosed up and Demon Slayer Mugen Train is up on PSN for purchase, go get it while it's up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I want Walpurgis to be made of many Magical Girls, but they're all versions of Homura trapped in a cycle of creation and destruction after they surpass their own timeloops. Alternately I would accept the Kyuubei-race being behind it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2SlksuwJ5s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
reality marble: gochisousama

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Doesn’t that mean master or mistress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

thats goshujin-sama

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arigatou.
(Arigatou means thanks)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nitrousoxide posted:

it means the order is a rabbit

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Schnumn/status/1387036637457109002?s=20

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

today in the unofficial and unaffiliated with adtrw discord-slash-official bleach fan discord, we learned that kicking someone as a bit without having a backup plan to get them back in the server doesn't work so well 🐘

https://discord.gg/sR6HVUrC

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

dogsicle posted:

today in the unofficial and unaffiliated with adtrw discord-slash-official bleach fan discord, we learned that kicking someone as a bit without having a backup plan to get them back in the server doesn't work so well 🐘

invite link

Hahahaha I can just imagine it.

"Wait, so... how do they get back in?"
"Well I just unblock them and... oh."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the Sailor Moon Eternal movies are finally coming to Netflix on June 3

https://deadline.com/video/pretty-guardian-sailor-moon-eternal-the-movie-hits-netflix-june-3-teaser/

This is one of the few arcs (Dream/SuperS to be specific) I actually liked better in the manga than in the 90’s anime so I’m actually sort of looking forward to these.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im so sorry... i dont know how this keeps happening...
https://twitter.com/JAVdottxt/status/1387229653346267137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
*Pokemon joke goes here*