Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nooooooooooooo you cant say retard in the edgy version of d&d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Varinn posted:

theres a difference between wanting consistency and not wanting the rule. if you think its not being enforced consistently, report and point out when it isnt. saying 'well other people werent punished for it, but that post was" isnt revealing bias, its revealing that mods rely on reports and not word filters, which no one wants

personally, i'm tired of seeing you, dustcat, ash crimson, our dearly beloved mod pile into threads to talk about what you think about posting & posters. i don't care, it's tedious, and there's a ball of you and all of you could be replaced by a goddamn chatbot because nothing interesting ever comes out

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Varinn posted:

theres a difference between wanting consistency and not wanting the rule. if you think its not being enforced consistently, report and point out when it isnt. saying 'well other people werent punished for it, but that post was" isnt revealing bias, its revealing that mods rely on reports and not word filters, which no one wants

Okay ill say it: get rid of the rule, which only seems to exist when a bad mod sees an opportunity to probe our wayward son

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

"toxicity will not be tolerated" - stormfront mod who probes anyone who uses the n-word

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

either send a probe every time someone in cspam makes fun of someone for being mentally deficient or, just stop being so retarded about it

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Yep, retard ain't a slur. It's more offensive to be called a mod imo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
brb reporting the guy that posts zippy the pinhe*d in the comic strip thread

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the title of this very thread is offensive, making light of a serious condition like autism

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is epic

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Texas

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

brotha from anatha posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lmfao a loving week

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
lol remember when the mods got 5 minutes of good will after finally admitting they didnt know poo poo about leftism or geopolitics

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol flavius dont you queue more than a day on larry for that

rip

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

one important note here is that, by logical necessity, it's other capitalists who capitalists chiefly sell their product to, since they have to buy (c + v) inputs to their production processes, and only the v becomes money in workers' pockets to buy means of subsistence (and those means of subsistence are themselves the result of some other capitalist's c+v, etc)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol a weeks probe for making fun of the dumbass mod who keeps retarding the thread’s discussions

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I call everything ridiculous now

which I suppose makes it a softer, kinder r word

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjxD8WtRjQU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

swimsuit posted:

lol remember when the mods got 5 minutes of good will after finally admitting they didnt know poo poo about leftism or geopolitics

I do not but lol if that happened

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Race specifically often got legally defined even before people accepted it as part of their identity. This is most obvious in the Americas where kidnapped Africans and indigenous people got colonial systems forced on them. But you later see stuff like US courts trying to figure out how to categorize people from the Middle East or Asia.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Centrist Committee posted:

lol a weeks probe for making fun of the dumbass mod who keeps retarding the thread’s discussions

this isn't really fair. this thread grew like three or four extra pages in aggregate because a bunch of people who barely post in it parachuted in to demand that one person who barely posts in it be allowed to say a slur, and failed. personally i think it was an instructive example of what quote anti idpol leftists unquote are really about when the chips are down but past a certain point you've got a preponderance of evidence and don't really need to keep gathering data

i actually appreciate flavius for earlier starting a discussion about the xinjiang thing and afaict holding to the new standards for probations established in that thread despite, i'm sure, tons of complaints from QCS or other mods. idk if he's posted much of substance in here but, hell, who has

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
suiting up in my flame-retardant batman pajamas before i log in to moderate the forums for the day, only to discover that i am still being constantly flamed. confused, i check the label of my pajamas only to realize that they aren't flame retardant, theyre flame r

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

some plague rats posted:

Okay ill say it: get rid of the rule, which only seems to exist when a bad mod sees an opportunity to probe our wayward son

i disagree obviously but i prefer this straightforwardness

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

Don't worry, I didn't.
If you want to post here so badly maybe you should lurk a little more and learn the thread culture :)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

thatfatkid posted:

Yep, retard ain't a slur. It's more offensive to be called a mod imo

Well, mod implies something a lot worse so

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Slanderer posted:

suiting up in my flame-retardant batman pajamas before i log in to moderate the forums for the day, only to discover that i am still being constantly flamed. confused, i check the label of my pajamas only to realize that they aren't flame retardant, theyre flame r

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Brain Candy posted:

personally, i'm tired of seeing you, dustcat, ash crimson, our dearly beloved mod pile into threads to talk about what you think about posting & posters. i don't care, it's tedious, and there's a ball of you and all of you could be replaced by a goddamn chatbot because nothing interesting ever comes out

lol you ok

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

never speak to me

Brain Candy posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quick someone ask an extremely pedantic question about Marxist economics to get the thread back on track

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

ash crimson is cool but please dont compare me to duscat, thank you and god bless

StashAugustine posted:

quick someone ask an extremely pedantic question about Marxist economics to get the thread back on track

what is everyone in this thread doing to kill the kshama sawant recall. i think we can all come together on this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slanderer posted:

lol welcome back

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i always get confused when slanderer posts bc I thought sleeveless got banned but I guess theyre separate people??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

do the coconut harvesting monkeys create value, or are they capital
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/983380517738504192?s=20

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

animals as sources of surplus value actually got discussed in here already. my analysis is that they are just so much constant capital until and unless they become capable of collective bargaining

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Atrocious Joe posted:

what do slaves usually get classed under

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aren't they basically a form of automation, constant capital. or are the monkeys being paid a wage and given time off to crack some cold ones and nurse their wounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

it's probably just regular animal abuse, theres not a lot of difference between this and inhumane animal testing or those big Saw™ Traps But For Cows. a product cant be produced without torturing animals

peta made caring about animal abuse easily dismissible by people who dont care by being weirdos, but it is hosed up