Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Varinn posted:

ash crimson is cool but please dont compare me to duscat, thank you and god bless

what is everyone in this thread doing to kill the kshama sawant recall. i think we can all come together on this

I donated some money 💰💵💰

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

are there any other electeds in the us who call themselves Marxist ?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Varinn posted:

ash crimson is cool but please dont compare me to duscat, thank you and god bless

what is everyone in this thread doing to kill the kshama sawant recall. i think we can all come together on this

phonebanking, raising money. still gonna add that the mods are fail though.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dustcat posted:

ohhh he's using the word! look! he's using it right now! why can't i use the word?!!?!

just look at larry's posting history in this thread, it's funny because he's actually got a few substantive posts in there that contribute to the discussion, but then he can't help but fly into a frothing rage whenever someone posts something he disagrees with, and that ends up being the majority of his posts and he keeps getting probated for posting the word he posts when he goes full berserk lol

why do you show up into every thread like this :negative:

what is even the point of posting like this, at all

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

apropos to nothing posted:

hours getting cut means i should probably look into phonebanking honestly

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
i think its funny that people pitch a fit over larry touching the hot stove but we can all agree theres nothing funny about having to read a duscat post

i support unilateral moderator intervention in this case. my people yearn for freedom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

post the donation link please. I get paid Friday

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what do slaves usually get classed under

I think Marx asserted they were capital. Which implies they don't produce surplus value. That actually seems off to me, but then I guess when you think about those monkeys the trainer says they help retrieve coconuts that can't otherwise be reached, so they are like tools.

But I don't know

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

as assets and not employees, their needs like food would be classified the same as a machine needs oil. it's dehumanizing to think that way but that's the point

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

free all posters, down with the mod-regime

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Brain Candy posted:

personally, i'm tired of seeing you, dustcat, ash crimson, our dearly beloved mod pile into threads to talk about what you think about posting & posters. i don't care, it's tedious, and there's a ball of you and all of you could be replaced by a goddamn chatbot because nothing interesting ever comes out

Can you give me some constructive criticism?

I post in c spam because it's just something to do, like the rest of yous

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ash Crimson posted:

Can you give me some constructive criticism?

I post in c spam because it's just something to do, like the rest of yous

I'll give you some constructive criticism, why don't you "construct" a ladder and climb up it so you can suck a "criticism" directly from my rear end

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

some plague rats posted:

I'll give you some constructive criticism, why don't you "construct" a ladder and climb up it so you can suck a "criticism" directly from my rear end

Well first I would have to remove your head from it, do I have permission to do that?

Wouldn't want to inconvenience you and all my friend, as you seem pretty comfortable atm in that position

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Flavius Aetass posted:

I mean I also wish it wouldn't devolve into a meta argument and a bunch of gently caress yous and such every time I probe someone for using a slur but

perhaps you should stop moderating this thread

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ash Crimson posted:

Well first I would have to remove your head from it, do I have permission to do that?

Wouldn't want to inconvenience you and all my friend, as you seem pretty comfortable atm in that position

yeah that joke was definitely worth restating four times in a single post, here's an actual constructive criticism, just be like 'i'd have to pull your head out first' instead of being the guy with his dick trapped in a pynchon book

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

exmarx posted:

Many people are saying this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Many people are saying this

that's okay. i'll still keep posting that garbage!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

some plague rats posted:

yeah that joke was definitely worth restating four times in a single post, here's an actual constructive criticism, just be like 'i'd have to pull your head out first' instead of being the guy with his dick trapped in a pynchon book

Much appreciated my friend!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
One of the great pleasures I took in being banned is the knowledge that there are goons out there who take on mantles nobody has asked them to, whom the majority hate them for, of which never have the intended effect and they will never be thanked for any of it. For free. It makes me lol irl every time I think of it in its wholeness. g*d bless these wayward souls.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when evilweasel banned me someone bought me plat and another dm'd me a gift certificate for a new account lol

it's been a decade but i will not forget

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

One of the great pleasures I took in being banned is the knowledge that there are goons out there who take on mantles nobody has asked them to, whom the majority hate them for, of which never have the intended effect and they will never be thanked for any of it. For free. It makes me lol irl every time I think of it in its wholeness. g*d bless these wayward souls.
lol. yeah it owns

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

exmarx posted:

here comes a long-winded explanation about probating people but not why they have to moderate a thread no one one them in or wants any judgement from them in

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

its the pathological need to put yourself in the way of harm coupled with a need for people to acknowledge your existence, even if it's in purely negative terms

almost masochistic

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

its the pathological need to put yourself in the way of harm coupled with a need for people to acknowledge your existence, even if it's in purely negative terms

almost masochistic

it owns. i remember fluff quoted some of my admin/pedo jokes durring that particular hubbub and was like "look at this, hes guilty" to prove my intent was directed at him. but they were actually devised a week+ prior while playing with my friends when the idea of "inspirational pedophiles" popped into my head lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

lmao

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Someone pay for that to be a banner ad that links to qcs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/althusserina/status/1386698973835059206?s=19

Raprock MYBOSS Ostalin. You know the thing!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

exmarx posted:

and have crusty nutsack do it instead? no thank you

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
allen wood's book Karl Marx, about karl marx, is a good one. he is a bit more skeptical of the theoretical worth of alienation than i am, but he explains the concept well so i like him

Finicums Wake fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 27, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao this rules. I love that he used two exclamation points

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
flavius is an exemplary mod

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

thotsky posted:

flavius is an exemplary mod

very presidential and highly regarded by all his peers

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Ash Crimson posted:

almost masochistic

it's very sad, but it's only a week. he'll be okay

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nooooooooooooo you cant be mean to a mod nobody likes in the edgy version of d&d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
mods tier list:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I think this thread should have an IK, mods should gently caress off, and also slurs & derails should be punishable by probation

Just my two cents

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dreddout posted:

I think this thread should have an IK, mods should gently caress off, and also slurs & derails should be punishable by probation

Just my two cents

we're all about thread iks

if you or anyone else has any suggestions please PM any of us

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
mods are fail, esp now that brutmac left. let gradenko or ths be ik.. or even lamb guy, idc. just let there be peace in this thread and others, at least amongst us fellow immortal scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYNlJQ-dIuY