Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jaggs's a human he's just big-boned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1386674803717910532?s=19

Let's goooooo

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Man some of the other demiurges really got cheated with their title cards relative to Jagganoth. Gog didn't get a two-page spread!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Gog got a double page, it's just that half the page is her getting punched in the face.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

6KBD Hypeeeeee

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
jagganoth in his study, wearing a dressing gown and smoking a pipe, sitting in an oversized armchair reading a book titled HOW TO BE VERY LARGE

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Man some of the other demiurges really got cheated with their title cards relative to Jagganoth. Gog didn't get a two-page spread!

I don't really agree because the title cards always came after some kind of good setup for all except maybe Incubus whose intro is rather tame compared to turning people into blood trees or spending 10 pages talking about how Rabuya needs Solomon. Jagganoth just happens to be exploding into his Vishnu form during like the third climax in this battle of the God's so I think a two page spread is justified.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

This is the only webcomic where 'delay' means 'something great is coming.'

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
this is a very good comic and I'm enjoying it a lot

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Renaissance Robot posted:

this is a very good comic and I'm enjoying it a lot

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So yeah I also decided to reread from the start and those weird catlike servants are just sphinxes lol. There's even some guarding the kings gates out in throne. Wonder what makes them get big. Just the random characters hanging out in the background are pretty cool.

And reading the comic sequentially there's barely any time at all between Alison getting keyed in and outdrinking Vladok. Like maybe a day or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The world of this comic is like One Piece in that sometimes peeps just get really really huge. Look at Mammon.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

Straight White Shark posted:

jagganoth in his study, wearing a dressing gown and smoking a pipe, sitting in an oversized armchair reading a book titled HOW TO BE VERY LARGE HOW TO LIVE WITH A HUGE JAGGAHOG.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jagganoth, The Red God, bearer of the word GAMER and god of the Seven-Part World

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1386720185218912257

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I think we are enabling Abaddon's overly complicated character design addiction

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Personally, I think all the limbs are a red herring, and he's actually going to end up looking like Jagannath.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Any bets on what the Word will be?

My guess is Champion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My guess is Champion.

according to the blog (I think) the two remaining words are Blade and Mind

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Oxxidation posted:

according to the blog (I think) the two remaining words are Blade and Mind

I think we've had confirmation he's Mind

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I mean, he's a fuckin' NERD so that tracks.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The thing about not assigning Blade to Jagganoth is having to explain why Jadis gets it.

Which is fine because there's no way that explanation isn't awesome.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

pretty sure jadis rocked a sword in at least one of the flashbacks to the younger demiurges

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I thought it was confirmed that Jadis was Mind and Jaggs was Blade.

The other way makes more sense to me - in flashbacks, Jaggs is posed thinking or in monk robes, and Jadis is a smuglord with a sword. In the present, Jagg's defining attributes are industrializing/arming the gently caress out of his domain while having gone too far up his own rear end to relate to anybody, while Jadis is the one who tried to shortcut her way past everything.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Xand_Man posted:

I think we've had confirmation he's Mind

Opposite, Abaddon confirmed on Discord Jaggs is Blade.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My guess is Champion.

My guess is tease

we will never see the Jagahog

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

skaianDestiny posted:

Opposite, Abaddon confirmed on Discord Jaggs is Blade.

It’s not Friday yet, everyone finds out friday

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

M_Gargantua posted:

It’s not Friday yet, everyone finds out friday

The spoiler is very, very old news.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

The spoiler is very, very old news.

haha so let's talk about it as much as possible to make sure it's spoiled for as many people as we can!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Niavmai posted:

haha so let's talk about it as much as possible to make sure it's spoiled for as many people as we can!

Actually, does it count as a spoiler if it's background information revealed in Q&A sessions by the author? Should that be considered to be an extension of the overall published work?

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Actually, does it count as a spoiler if it's background information revealed in Q&A sessions by the author? Should that be considered to be an extension of the overall published work?

outside information about an event that hasn't occured yet in the media in question is always a spoiler no matter where it comes from. the thread is trying to have fun and speculate about who gets which word (which the words being known might even be a spoiler in the first place??) is a lot more fun than "well ackshually they already gave us the answer somewhere else, so stop speculating!!!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
jagganoth, bearer of the word HOG and keeper of the seven-part world

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

the holy poopacy posted:

jagganoth, bearer of the word HOG and keeper of the seven-part world

jagganoth, bearer of the word SLAM, captain of the nerdlucks, studier of the blade, god of the 7 part world

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ham Cheeks posted:

Gog's gonna do something cool

The vast majority of my posts ITT are about how Gog is the best and does cool things and will do cool things. One thing that worries me is that Jadis's prophecy (or at least the interpretation of her prophecy by her servant) says the heir will slay the beast. And "Beast" is Gog's word :ohdear:

It also upsets me that Gog must have been defeated by the Heir in all the previous cycles, especially given that Abaddon claims she can compete with Jagg's if she actually focuses. Which I guess means the previous heirs fought an unfocused Gog-Agog which is unsurprising given.... we have never seen her focused, ever. STILL! I want to see Gog do cool poo poo, and also do more hilarious unserious poo poo. Everyone else taking this super seriously while Gog does sight gags just makes me so happy :3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

The vast majority of my posts ITT are about how Gog is the best and does cool things and will do cool things. One thing that worries me is that Jadis's prophecy (or at least the interpretation of her prophecy by her servant) says the heir will slay the beast. And "Beast" is Gog's word :ohdear:

It also upsets me that Gog must have been defeated by the Heir in all the previous cycles, especially given that Abaddon claims she can compete with Jagg's if she actually focuses. Which I guess means the previous heirs fought an unfocused Gog-Agog which is unsurprising given.... we have never seen her focused, ever. STILL! I want to see Gog do cool poo poo, and also do more hilarious unserious poo poo. Everyone else taking this super seriously while Gog does sight gags just makes me so happy :3:

The Heir has defeated the BEAST in all previous cycles. It's not clear whether the BEAST was always Gog-Agog.

Zoss and Jagganoth are constants, but that doesn't mean anyone else is.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The fact that Jaggs is not Mind is the thing we're all gonna hate.

dromal phrenia posted:

Gog is the best and does cool things and will do cool things.

*looks at his own AV*
:hmmyes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My guess is Champion.

"Tryhard"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
There's a lot of Chekov's guns that could go off in unexpected ways, the gog gun, the maya gun, the jaggahog. Its going to be chaos.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Darth Walrus posted:

The Heir has defeated the BEAST in all previous cycles. It's not clear whether the BEAST was always Gog-Agog.

Zoss and Jagganoth are constants, but that doesn't mean anyone else is.

The evidence broadly points to all the Seven being constant, since Jagganoth got his Metatron nails significantly after becoming one of the Seven New Gods, and Zoss seems to choose heirs around now every time - which also seems to be the real thing that changes.

Which fits the themes of the comic! Zoss thought that if you just found the right violent heroic conqueror, everything would be fine, after first trying to be the right violent heroic conqueror and discovering that didn't work. His advice to Allison very much seems to reflect a change in his attitude, as he himself said: "He who masters the wheel cannot break it, and in my arrogance I had made a prison for myself and for the world" or something like that.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Joe Slowboat posted:

The evidence broadly points to all the Seven being constant, since Jagganoth got his Metatron nails significantly after becoming one of the Seven New Gods, and Zoss seems to choose heirs around now every time - which also seems to be the real thing that changes.

When Jagganoth referred to himself as a constant he was talking about retaining memories of the previous cycles; I don't think any of the other demiurges do. I do think that the loop starts just a little bit before the heir is chosen, which is long after the demiurges each solidified their rule, but I don't know if there's enough info to say that 100% certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Count Uvula posted:

When Jagganoth referred to himself as a constant he was talking about retaining memories of the previous cycles; I don't think any of the other demiurges do. I do think that the loop starts just a little bit before the heir is chosen, which is long after the demiurges each solidified their rule, but I don't know if there's enough info to say that 100% certainly.

Yeah, and he retains those memories because of his connection to Metatron, the nails. I agree with your take that 'I am a constant' is his boast about the memories and also about his idea that he always wins in the end, while the rest fall.