Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

IBroughttheFunk posted:

New Extra Credit episode out! Who's ready for male lactation fetishists?

Episode #121 - Father's Milk

This started out beautiful and ended up somehow better.

I gotta say the EC readers have grown on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the EC folks joke a lot about being the trash can that the FPlus scrapes leftovers into and all but it has been cool to see EC kinda become its own thing since it started and now there's just these two very good internet safari podcasts I enjoy that manage to kinda hit the different tones for internet tourism I enjoy. I've got FPlus for the 'I don't know what this is but this sounds stupid and you're all weird' stuff and then EC for 'OH gently caress I REMEMBER THIS poo poo ON TUMBLR loving NOOOOOO' stuff.

Like the hero of Avengers, Thanos, says: balance good, people bad.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have nearly.losten to the entire back catalogue of EC and really like the zoomer-esque energy it has talking about Energy drinks or male lactation

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Also, this last EC episode talked about some episodes being removed from the archive. Anyone know what was up with that?

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
I know what's up with that! After getting some repeated feedback and discussing it with the cast, we decided that we should remove our first 37 or so episodes because their quality is both beneath the standards we now hold ourselves to and has also apparently driven people away! Since we'd rather people listen to our podcast and NOT feel a strong compulsion to stop listening, we chose to just make them unavailable. We're actually working on a project to rerecord some of the old documents so we can retain the content, though that'll ofc take time. We're also gonna be doing a little more additional trimming for a number of reasons, but we're largely where we want to be.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ah, I see. Just another case of the elites denying us our background noise and clipped audio!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ShellGame posted:

I know what's up with that! After getting some repeated feedback and discussing it with the cast, we decided that we should remove our first 37 or so episodes because their quality is both beneath the standards we now hold ourselves to and has also apparently driven people away! Since we'd rather people listen to our podcast and NOT feel a strong compulsion to stop listening, we chose to just make them unavailable. We're actually working on a project to rerecord some of the old documents so we can retain the content, though that'll ofc take time. We're also gonna be doing a little more additional trimming for a number of reasons, but we're largely where we want to be.

Would it be too much to ask that a list of the missing episodes metadata (names and descriptions of the episodes) be available somewhere so we don't lose that as well as the audio? Just going to archive.org won't do, because they depend on database access and only a partial list can be retrieved. I didn't mind the bad audio quality if the material was interesting enough, I wish I'd kept more of the episodes I did get now.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
I can probably assemble a list, yeah. Every episode had a page on ballpit.

I also have a certain something in the works that features stuff from several of those episodes.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Also we went back to zity.biz. Yay?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

ewe2 posted:

Would it be too much to ask that a list of the missing episodes metadata (names and descriptions of the episodes) be available somewhere so we don't lose that as well as the audio? Just going to archive.org won't do, because they depend on database access and only a partial list can be retrieved. I didn't mind the bad audio quality if the material was interesting enough, I wish I'd kept more of the episodes I did get now.

A separate "Ancient History" page with the oldest episodes would be good, maybe with a big bold LISTEN AT YOUR OWN RISK text on top.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Youth Decay posted:

A separate "Ancient History" page with the oldest episodes would be good, maybe with a big bold LISTEN AT YOUR OWN RISK text on top.

...then if you press the Play button it's just an hour of raw static.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

...then if you press the Play button it's just an hour of raw static.

Harsh noise wall but it's just everyone doing their best bunny bread and boots rain gear yells.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

New ep. Sounds like NWO tumblr crazy? 352: We're All Prisoners On A Borg Ship

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh hey, the Onetaste orgasm program from that one kickstarter (indiegogo?) episode is in the news! I wonder...

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1385624211922853888

:catstare:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

ShellGame posted:

That's round about when you took over from Amelia Blank isn't it? I've been listening to Extra Credit since the beginning and I can totally see why you guys would decide to do that. A lot of those early episodes were really rough.

EDIT: I would like to suggest putting the Morgellons episode back up though because that one is still fun to go back to.

Captain Fargle fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 24, 2021

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

change my name posted:

Oh hey, the Onetaste orgasm program from that one kickstarter (indiegogo?) episode is in the news! I wonder...

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1385624211922853888

:catstare:

Bit of a blast from the past in general since The Dollop also covered them a long time ago, back in episode 157, for anyone who's interested.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Holy poo poo, that was wild when the plastic pants guy went directly from that weird kink story into talking about how his wife passed away and the whole panel is basically in shocked silence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LanceHunter posted:

Holy poo poo, that was wild when the plastic pants guy went directly from that weird kink story into talking about how his wife passed away and the whole panel is basically in shocked silence.

fetish episodes are so loving good for just insane overshares like this. Like they're already oversharing with 'hey here's why socks make me so hard I have to crank it as soon as I see them in the store' but then they transition into whole new levels of overshare with 'they remind me of my deceased mother whom I never got to fully say goodbye to...' like the preambles to bad recipes

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ShellGame posted:

I can probably assemble a list, yeah. Every episode had a page on ballpit.

I also have a certain something in the works that features stuff from several of those episodes.

Oh duh of course they do, I can at least get the titles from there. I will see what I can glean then. I was concerned with the later episodes where half the metadata is behind the fold, but if its all in the ballpit page I can throw it all in a markdown textfile and save you the slogwork, unless that's something you enjoy? :v:

E: given that links to the docs and episodes are still viable ( and I will not be linking them in metadata), if you are a fan of Extra Credit now is a great time to join ballp.it :v:

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 25, 2021

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hi everyone. It's been a very long time since I've last posted on these forums. Recent events have urged me to come back. I was hesitant to stick my neck out, but an incident involving this podcast has prompted me to do something.

Last Friday when browsing the site, I came across a 404 error and in the corner was a cartoon of host John Toast in a cowboy hat and wearing a confederate flag. I immediately tweeted out to the F Plus and a handful of hosts, Lemon included. I was very upset seeing this symbol of white supremacy being shown on my favorite podcast site. Lemon's response was "I'm perfectly fine with having a conversation about this, but you're gonna need to adjust your tone significantly."

I am a first generation citizen. My parents emigrated from Mexico and within the last few years they've become naturalized. I've been fortunate enough to where I haven't had any racially motivated violence visited upon me or my family. That being said, I still know that symbols like the Confederate flag, the swastika, the blue lives matter flag, and the Trump flag are all banners waved by people who want hurt and kill people who look like me. Who aren't white. Even if Lemon didn't believe that I was a brown person, where the gently caress does he get off tone policing someone who points out a hate symbol on his site?

It's that sense of entitlement, that white privilege, that motivates other white people to hate people like me. I could hear the venom in his words as he told me to watch my tone. I could hear him spit those words and end his sentence calling me something hurtful. Lemon knows better. This podcast has been around for more than ten years. He's touched on all kinds of regressive poo poo and instances of white supremacy, racism, and fascism. Not only that but he's based in Minneapolis. The George Floyd protests happened in his city. Where does he get off telling someone to watch their tone in justified anger seeing a hate symbol? Lemon is a racist. I have no compunctions calling him that. One of my biggest issues with this podcast is the lack of diversity. How JW Freeman and Lou Fernandez are the only minority hosts and even then they're regular guests, not hosts. It creates this echo chamber and when obviously regressive poo poo like this is found, who's gonna speak out if it doesn't affect them personally? This right here is the clearest example of The F Plus' diversity problem.

Thankfully Nutshell and other hosts seem to agree with me. I want to exert as much pressure on this and hope he and other hosts of The F Plus and Extra Credit sees this. I will no longer listen to The F Plus so long as Lemon is associated with it. He's a bigot and bigotry has no place in The F Plus. I call upon other fans, contributors, and hosts to join me and demand Lemon and other hosts who align with him to leave The F Plus. It's way past time for forgiveness. The time for justice is now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 27, 2021

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They already took it off the site and boots posted an explanation on ballpit. It’s an old image that’s a joke that aged poorly and they said they shouldn’t have done it. You came in super hot looking for a fight and got one and then got mad that you got it. There’s nothing in the 10 plus years of the podcast that has me thinking anyone involved with it is a racist or has anything positive to think about the confederacy. Jesus h Christ.

E:Like, he organized a yearly fundraiser that’s raised a shitload for the SPLC. I’m pretty sure he’s not a god drat confederate sympathizer because of one old bad joke.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 27, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, uh, there's a difference between tone policing and someone just not wanting to talk to you while you're going aggro. Have you ever even talked to Lemon before this?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

another Benny the Snake classic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Nah

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
My proposal: We hit Lemon with a rock

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
The only correct punishment is to bust his balls while singing a children's rhyme about the process

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

What on earth

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Count Uvula posted:

My proposal: We hit Lemon with a rock

Counter proposal: let's compare him to other hollow eyed white guys

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Benny the Snake posted:

Hi everyone. It's been a very long time since I've last posted on these forums. Recent events have urged me to come back. I was hesitant to stick my neck out, but an incident involving this podcast has prompted me to do something. I've made a tweet thread about it here:

https://twitter.com/bort_bortles/status/1385780189666308099

Last Friday when browsing the site, I came across a 404 error and in the corner was a cartoon of host John Toast in a cowboy hat and wearing a confederate flag. I immediately tweeted out to the F Plus and a handful of hosts, Lemon included. I was very upset seeing this symbol of white supremacy being shown on my favorite podcast site. Lemon's response was "I'm perfectly fine with having a conversation about this, but you're gonna need to adjust your tone significantly."

I am a first generation citizen. My parents emigrated from Mexico and within the last few years they've become naturalized. I've been fortunate enough to where I haven't had any racially motivated violence visited upon me or my family. That being said, I still know that symbols like the Confederate flag, the swastika, the blue lives matter flag, and the Trump flag are all banners waved by people who want hurt and kill people who look like me. Who aren't white. Even if Lemon didn't believe that I was a brown person, where the gently caress does he get off tone policing someone who points out a hate symbol on his site?

It's that sense of entitlement, that white privilege, that motivates other white people to hate people like me. I could hear the venom in his words as he told me to watch my tone. I could hear him spit those words and end his sentence calling me something hurtful. Lemon knows better. This podcast has been around for more than ten years. He's touched on all kinds of regressive poo poo and instances of white supremacy, racism, and fascism. Not only that but he's based in Minneapolis. The George Floyd protests happened in his city. Where does he get off telling someone to watch their tone in justified anger seeing a hate symbol? Lemon is a racist. I have no compunctions calling him that. One of my biggest issues with this podcast is the lack of diversity. How JW Freeman and Lou Fernandez are the only minority hosts and even then they're regular guests, not hosts. It creates this echo chamber and when obviously regressive poo poo like this is found, who's gonna speak out if it doesn't affect them personally? This right here is the clearest example of The F Plus' diversity problem.

Thankfully Nutshell and other hosts seem to agree with me. I want to exert as much pressure on this and hope he and other hosts of The F Plus and Extra Credit sees this. I will no longer listen to The F Plus so long as Lemon is associated with it. He's a bigot and bigotry has no place in The F Plus. I call upon other fans, contributors, and hosts to join me and demand Lemon and other hosts who align with him to leave The F Plus. It's way past time for forgiveness. The time for justice is now.

no

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Benny the Snake posted:

Hi everyone. It's been a very long time since I've last posted on these forums. Recent events have urged me to come back. I was hesitant to stick my neck out, but an incident involving this podcast has prompted me to do something. I've made a tweet thread about it here:

https://twitter.com/bort_bortles/status/1385780189666308099

thank u for posting ur 0 likes, 0 reponses tweet

lol

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

quote:

F Plus, Lemon, and their associated contributors and related projects condone racism and white supremacy until proven otherwise.

Lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
"Fite me"
"Nah"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think Lemon is a dumbass for responding to the op with tone policing bullshit but I think it's a stretch to say everyone in the F+, including Lemon, support white supremacy because of a dumbass cartoon cowboy on an error page.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sirtommygunn posted:

I think Lemon is a dumbass for responding to the op with tone policing bullshit but I think it's a stretch to say everyone in the F+, including Lemon, support white supremacy because of a dumbass cartoon cowboy on an error page.

Isn’t what most people mean by tone policing more telling oppressed people to not talk about their oppression in an angry way, “not telling people who are starting a conversation by flying off the handle at you directly to not do that”?

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t what most people mean by tone policing more telling oppressed people to not talk about their oppression in an angry way, “not telling people who are starting a conversation by flying off the handle at you directly to not do that”?

Or “starting a conversation” with a podcast that has maybe a few thousand listeners by airing your grievance to the whole Internet as if they were a multinational conglomerate instead of privately contacting the site owner and giving them a chance to fix it first?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

echopapa posted:

Or “starting a conversation” with a podcast that has maybe a few thousand listeners by airing your grievance to the whole Internet as if they were a multinational conglomerate instead of privately contacting the site owner and giving them a chance to fix it first?

Yeah, that and the way they came in super aggro is baffling to me. I think they just got hooked on that internet anger high over the last few years.

I really don’t like framing “stop yelling at me” as tone policing though. It’s not what that term was ever intended for and just seems like a way to make it so people are bad and wrong for telling you to stop slinging abuse.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

It sucks that a picture like that was on the site. Glad they fixed it though! Did you try emailing Lemon first?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This thing that you are doing only works on Twitter, if you couldn't get it to work there I'm not sure why you're trying to make it happen here.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Lemon's initial response was trash, but I'm having serious remorse about the sympathy bulb I gave your Ballp.it post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so, i'm not sure how far back these are recorded, but did the star seed rap kill DMX? it would be very difficult to prove it didn't!