Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Weeble posted:

I almost want to re-watch Nimpize for that alone.

Gotta get my ice chest fix.

I don't think it's possible to top the one at the end of the Water/Ice Temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The life and times of a Lozan Jailer.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I just gotta say: I hate it when games (mainly romhacks) think it's a good idea to make poo poo so dark you can barely see anything.

Good thing you checked with Nite, because otherwise you'd never have known you met Patrick!

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I would post what the source for the Lozan Jail music is, but the video I was using for reference has been made private at some point. Guess Patrick got his revenge against the hacker...

I can say that during beta, its music was Bram Stoker's Dracula (SNES) - Ruined Stables (it sounded better in the OoT soundfont, imo). Another fun Beta Fact about the jail is that one of the rooms (the one with the blue bubbles) was flagged incorrectly and let time pass to night! You'd hear the wolf howl and the music would stop, but leaving the jail would set time back to day again.

I like that block puzzle at the end, I felt really clever when I figured it out :)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

The edgewhisperer strikes again!

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I still question the effectiveness of a jail with Wallmasters.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 2, 2021

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Quantum Toast posted:

I still question the effectiveness of a jail with Wallmasters.

They put people where they belong.

For the prisoners, that's inside the cell. For the intruders (Goku), that's outside.

Though it'd be neat if they could throw you into a cell instead of outside and that'd be how you got to an otherwise inaccessible part of the dungeon.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Geemer posted:

Though it'd be neat if they could throw you into a cell instead of outside and that'd be how you got to an otherwise inaccessible part of the dungeon.
True. The only "mandatory Wallmaster" case I can think of is the Wind Temple in Wind Waker, and even then it was less about getting somewhere new and more about needing to find a way to get them back out of the cell.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 2, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Patrick with that Al Capone jail cell.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Streams are returning! We're going to be streaming again tonight at 9PM EST on my Twitch channel, and picking up from where we last left off. The stream is definitely still ahead of the episodes by at least like 9 episodes, so tune in at your own discretion.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Going live in a few minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

FPzero posted:

Going live in a few minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

I have no words. What even was this stream?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Epicmissingno posted:

I have no words. What even was this stream?

Pure magic.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I'm glad this was on a night I could afford to be up until 4. :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Come back to us Goku :(

ThatNateGuy
Oct 15, 2004

"Is that right?"
Slippery Tilde
I too am gay anxious for new content

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I've been on my yearly Minecraft binge and also just busy with work in general so while I've definitely been lazy about updating I had about 1/3 of a good reason.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just slammed the play button loud enough it made my roommate yell "You good?"

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Ah, ice chests.

:D

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

One of these days there'll be a dungeon with nothing but ice chests used for hookshot targets yet they'll still open all of them every time...

And the last one will have a green rupee in it

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Vinylshadow posted:

One of these days there'll be a dungeon with nothing but ice chests used for hookshot targets yet they'll still open all of them every time...

Only because the game doesn't have rupoors in it.

You know this, deep in your heart, to be true.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Maybe the Longshot at some point too. I can picture it already.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The murder reenactment puzzle feels like a Silent Hill puzzle or something, I love it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I gotta be honest, I completely forgot about the creepy lake house.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wow, creepy house was really good. Aside from the can't-see-jack-poo poo darkness.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Geemer posted:

Wow, creepy house was really good. Aside from the can't-see-jack-poo poo darkness.
It was, but I don't like that a house with a puzzle about hitting a chair with an arrow has multiple unrelated chairs in it.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I'm very late on this, but I loved episode 27 ("Oh no"). I wondered how in the world challenging fights could be executed in Ocarina of Time without adding anything new, and I got my answer. The sand + invisible ReDead + floormasters combo was diabolical!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I only know this because I go through the videos to find good thumbnails but the Gerudo spin attack animation looks really good for an N64 animation! Too bad getting hit by it is very bad.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, having the grotto exits be ladders makes much more sense than the random beam-me-up lights in the original.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I love that the whole pirate fortress thing just leads to a loving six-door key corridor to get the Longshot. :allears:

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I think the painting you were wondering about is actually that big building in the Canyon.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Honestly, having the grotto exits be ladders makes much more sense than the random beam-me-up lights in the original.
Yeah, that's a nice touch.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Watch this turn out to be like that randomizer option where you need all the skulls to open the way to the final boss.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Wait which episode of Nimpize had you getting booted out of the final escape sequence for THE PITtm

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
In retrospect I don't think it actually happened to us but there were Gerudo guards in the escape sequence. We *did* definitely use the fact that they were in the light trial to go to The Pit and reload everything because the door broke and we couldn't escape.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Video games are good, romhacks are good.

I'm gonna try and shotgun a bunch of videos up over the next week or so, and then we can record what we're assuming is the final stream. The end is in sight!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm super impressed with those one off gimmick areas. They're just long enough to be novel without being annoying. This hack is very well paced for the most part.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
This hacker is so good, like good enough that they should be able to charge money for this hack. It's just such a shame that Moblin Town had to happen

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

At first I was pretty down on the textures and general look of the geometry of this hack. But it's genuinely doing some super neat things.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Oh yes, I'd forgotten this was when you found these. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Holy loving poo poo. Space Link was kinda neat for being just an out there surprise but then Defenseless happened and just holy poo poo that is impressive in so many ways.

Also good timing with posting the Defenseless minigame when a new RE just released.