Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
i need my cactus cut nachos and i need them delivered to my table by a 19 year old that i'm going to make very uncomfortable and tip very poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
I feel like there's some way to make the mandarin buffet pandemic friendly. They have all those giant rooms and you don't need waiters. We could just eliminate all staff except the cooks and have some kind of turnstile that only allows one family to serve themselves at a time. Then close off all those rooms and limit them to one family per. Then loving kill me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Individually wrap every item in the buffet with saran wrap

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i dont understand why people want to eat out during a plague. you can get the same poo poo they serve you in a restaurant in the frozen food section of the supermarket. just put it in the oven, thats what the restaurant is doing

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Rutibex posted:

i dont understand why people want to eat out during a plague. you can get the same poo poo they serve you in a restaurant in the frozen food section of the supermarket. just put it in the oven, thats what the restaurant is doing

not entirely true

some of them just pop it in the microwave

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But how will you get the satisfaction of a poor heating up your processed garbage in an industrial oven before serving it to you on a plate?!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, but I can't have anyone over.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Rutibex posted:

Are you getfiscal

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

shut up SHUT UP panda garden makes its tiramisu in house

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Everyone is going to be my friend in Manitoba.
Everywhere I walk is my home.

See you all in jail, suckers :devil:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rutibex posted:

It's about the atmosphere .

But yeah, it's fun because the people who are the most adament about still going to restaurants are the ones who tip like poo poo.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

some of you need to try actual good restaurants and it shows

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they would also need to live somewhere with good restaurants

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if you live in narnia or wherever the gently caress, it's entirely possible that you may not be able to buy food that isn't sysco frozen trash.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Where do people live where boston pizza tier restaurants is the best you can do?

like the shittiest of poo poo CHUDy southwestern ontario is going to have at least one passable restaurant.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
people who are dying to go out to eat don't want that

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ARACHTION posted:

some of you need to try actual good restaurants and it shows

If it was just people risking it for an actual good restaurant I would kinda get it, but people are out there dining indoors during a pandemic at fuckin' Applebees or Boston Pizza.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

speaking of dying to go out and eat

https://twitter.com/DGBassani/status/1386789225064927234

from july to september patio dining and limited capacity indoor dining were open in ontario.

notice anything?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Clearly we must start eating the children at our local Boston Pizza, it's the only way!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ARACHTION posted:

If this thread understood the cultural importance of the hallowed institutions such as The Keg/Milestones/Boston Pizza/Swiss Chalet hold with Old Stock Canadians more than 50km from metro lines, then the restrictions mentioned upthread begin to make sense.

Lol wtf is a "metro line". Feeling some serious western alienation from this post tbh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Lol wtf is a "metro line". Feeling some serious western alienation from this post tbh

we got those in Vancouver, unless we’re too west to be westerners now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

we got those in Vancouver, unless we’re too west to be westerners now

"the west" consists of alberta and saskatchewan

i don't know what you folks are doing on the other side of those mountains, but it's clearly not the west

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

dine out and die out

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Bro, I’m a West Coast francophone if such a thing exists, so I use metro as a catch-all for a mass public transit system.

And just as an FYI for the rest of Canada, if you’re east of the Rockies , please don’t call yourself west.

As soon as confederation happened you all lost that title and anything between the Rockies and Ontario is “central Canada” imo.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

they're called Sobeys lines out west.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Reality Protester posted:

BC isnt enforcing poo poo. the signs on the highway still say Avoid Unnecessary Travel, while everyone goes to work and does whatever. it's a joke.

Yeah, 'Stay Home' on the programmed road signs driving the 401.

We have always been at war with Eastasia in proper lockdown.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"Stay Home" you know, unless you're going to work. that's fine actually

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
"Stop hitting yourself" - Government of BC

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

[maple leaf]

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/development-threatens-chinatown-its-the-end-warn-heritage-advocates

I'm mad.

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Looking for a new therapist after losing faith in my current one for not taking covid seriously enough. I do some searching, contact someone new and I'm offered an in-office appointment. They say it's indoors but don't worry there's adequate distance between the chairs! People actually think sitting and talking together in an enclosed room for an hour without masks is safe provided the chairs are 2 m apart. Not to mention seeing one client after another like that. We're hosed.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Where are you located?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shofixti posted:

Looking for a new therapist after losing faith in my current one for not taking covid seriously enough. I do some searching, contact someone new and I'm offered an in-office appointment. They say it's indoors but don't worry there's adequate distance between the chairs! People actually think sitting and talking together in an enclosed room for an hour without masks is safe provided the chairs are 2 m apart. Not to mention seeing one client after another like that. We're hosed.

That's been my experience in BC too. People are loving stupid.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

That's been my experience in BC too. People are loving stupid.

Thats why I moved here, to fit in with the dumb people, unlike in Alberta where I lived before, where everybody was smart

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Saalkin posted:

Where are you located?

Ottawa, which I imagined would be a more compliant city than average with the whole civil servant vibe

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Wow, I had a choice of video chat or phone calls with my therapist, haven't been face-to-face for more than a year. Also in Ottawa.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Yeah mine has been over phone or zoom since the pandemic started. 2 of my friends are also therapists and do everything virtually now too.

I was going to recommend them if you were closer but once things are normal I'm sure you'd like the option to your therapist in person.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Went to service canada to get an official letter explaining why my wife can't get a SIN (it's because IRCC is slow as molasses, we've been waiting 9 months for PR/work permit) so we can go ahead and file taxes.

Representative told her "you don't need it, if you didn't work you don't need to file" :negative:

Anyway, we did get the letter, but yeah no wonder so many people miss out on benefits they're entitled to if that's the kind of advice given. Our public services are hard enough to figure out for me who grew up here, can't imagine an immigrant trying to navigate this crap.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

idk why our leaders are even bothering to try at this point. Everything they do is met with cries that it is too lenient, or too strict, or too complicated, or it doesn't explicitly mention if activities XYZ are allowed or not. They carve out some exceptions and another crowd pipes up that it's too exploitable. Close schools, all the women stop working. Close workplaces and small business tyrants start plotting a coup. It's impossible to satisfy even a single person. So gently caress it man, OPENERUP :bahgawd:

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Apr 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

toronto the good, or how a bunch of obstructionist suburban fuckwits continue to ruin a city