Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And here's the argument against those laws requiring that you slow down to ~20mph when passing a pulled-over emergency vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

And here's the argument against those laws requiring that you slow down to ~20mph when passing a pulled-over emergency vehicle.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

And here's the laws against those argument requiring that you slow down to ~20mph when emergency a pulled-over passing vehicle.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Probably an unloaded truck driving on a road with known high winds, Cheyenne has this issue a lot even when they have the LED sign saying not to.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

And here's the argument against those laws requiring that you slow down to a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > OSHA VI: And here's the argument against those laws requiring that you slow down to ~20mph when passing a pulled-over emergency vehicle

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

The OSHA part is those heads can feed an entire tree at 20-30 feet a second, and even in an OSHA-compliant armored cab you can easily put a tree right through the cab in a second of inattention or a simple mistake.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Probably an unloaded truck driving on a road with known high winds, Cheyenne has this issue a lot even when they have the LED sign saying not to.

Aww they just want their bellies rubbed! Who’s a good truck?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Cheyenne sux

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bobmarleysghost posted:

An excavator hit a highway sign last night here in Toronto.
The sign fell onto the road and onto a car, killing the occupant.

https://twitter.com/OPP_HSD/status/1386990418047508484?s=20
My big smarty brain reading about a fatal accident on a highway I've driven down 5 times on business trips: wow I could have died at any time

My big smarty brain reading about the 5th fatality on the local interstate I'm on every day when it's not coronavirus:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LanceHunter posted:

Am I having a stroke?

Possibly. Do you smell burnt toast?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mobby_6kl posted:

The "B" isn't for burnt toast!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
OSHA IV: And here's the argument against those laws requiring that you slow down to ~20mph when passing a pulled-over emergency vehicle.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

Can I get a version of this featuring Ron Paul instead of generic cartoon man?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Azhais posted:

While it is not impossible, it is highly improbable that any human experiencing a stroke will smell burnt toast. That olfactory reference is specific to the damage of one persons brain who was studied. Goons will most likely experience sensations of poo poo posting while having a stroke.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

HAmbONE posted:

While it is not impossible, it is highly improbable that any human experiencing a stroke will smell burnt toast. That olfactory reference is specific to the damage of one persons brain who was studied. Goons will most likely experience sensations of poo poo posting while having a stroke.

Your dyslexia is acting up at the end there. Should be "stroking it while shitposting" :cheers:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

HAmbONE posted:

I for one stroke everytime I shitpost :quagmire:

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

mobby_6kl posted:

It’s funny to me that a Canadian non-profit’s commercial somehow got adopted into online culture, incorrectly (the line is originally uttered by an epilepsy patient, not a somebody having a stroke).

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUOG2g4hj8s

and the most OSHA-adjacent Heritage Minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw-FbwmzPKo

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 27, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cthulu Carl posted:

I for one stroke everytime I shitpost :quagmire:

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Mozi posted:

i thought step 3 was profit

Have you seen the price lumber lately? That is like $8 million in lumber he has claimed.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

they're just taking a quick nap

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Couldn't make it to the rest stop.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Here's another good write up about that Nutty Putty Cave incident from the local paper:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/09/nutty-putty-i-really/
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/10/nutty-putty-were-going/

Its a pretty sad and terrifying read.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/DobackhuffCFO/status/1387115742282268674

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A Tesla really is just a very unreliable suicide booth isn't it.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

oh hey, i know that location

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4466986,-122.169576,3a,75y,88.58h,85.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUrOxSthiOXopGD1F3WENLQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
And that’s the argument against having laws at ~20 miles an hour with a pulled-over emergency vehicle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Even Tesla's self-driving computer knows Train Good, Car Bad.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

TotalLossBrain posted:

don't be silly

it's also a homicide booth

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

TotalLossBrain posted:

suicide booth that can obliterate other families who are not in suicide booths

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

And that’s the argument against having laws at ~20 miles an hour with a pulled-over emergency vehicle.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
whatever it takes to get a tesla stan to realize trains exist

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

CommieGIR posted:

awww my kitty does this so sweepy

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

This guy looks like he escaped from an Old Masters painting.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Which movie are the Tom Cruise bits from?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Memento posted:

Which movie are the Tom Cruise bits from?

War of the Worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTFKMUGNA4