Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Chops
:unsmigghh:

also
lmao
the lore of marika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It really bears repeating that Akki and Brookes do a great job on commentary being both entertaining and informative, and making sure to get everybody in the ring over.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Chris and Akki both need to stop making me feel old >:(

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Chris Brookes has such relatable energy.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nice boot from Nao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was kinda expecting a squash and I'm pleasantly surprised at how competitive this is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I was kinda expecting a squash and I'm pleasantly surprised at how competitive this is.

The opening sequence made it seem like the Bakuretsu were as well.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
BAKU

RETSU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good showing from Cat and Gal, but the Sisters were too strong

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
bakuretsu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yuki and Nodoka's individual themes are on one of the TJPW CDs but their tag team theme is still not available anywhere and I'm sad about it
I don't think it's on here, but there's a soundcloud account that has pretty up to date TJPW themes

https://soundcloud.com/user-167551353

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I don't think it's even been made available anywhere where it could be ripped and uploaded there yet, unfortunately. I remember asking Nodoka if they were gonna put out a CD single or something of it and she said they want to, but I think that was back before their big homecoming show in Okayama 2019, so...

Props to the soundcloud maintainer for getting Hyper Misao's real theme though (the one on the official TJPW CD is the one she used temporarily when they couldn't broadcast the real one due to copyright issues)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's JPWThoughts

Out first Tag match! I love Chris's Tall Weirdo energy. Did Marika always have that chest piece tattoo? Bakuretsu Sisters are fun as hell.

1) Bakuretsus Sisters vs Marika Kobashi and Nao Kakuta. One time Chris kicked a Bakuretsu Sister. Bakuretsus Sisters still have one of the best TJPW themes. Lovely chain wrestling from Aino and Nao at the start. Aino shoulder blocks are great. And then Tenma starts some well executed bullying of Nao. Marika has been frozen out so far. A couple of clumsy spots with Marika and Tenma, but they get back on track. Nao has a mean streak, and it's fun to see it come out. Lovely Tiny Steiners electric chair bulldog on Marika. Strong victory for the strong girls.

I feel like the That's JPW matches, which started out as pretty good, are getting even better as time goes on. Hope to see more tag matches and unusual matchups as we go on.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Good writeup but the debut episode was also a tag match (Mirai and Miu vs. Sena and Hikari)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Johnny Landmine posted:

Good writeup but the debut episode was also a tag match (Mirai and Miu vs. Sena and Hikari)

poo poo, you're right. You can't expect me to remember all those episodes ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

poo poo, you're right. You can't expect me to remember all those episodes ago.

Somebody find a clip of Brookes singing,"♪ Somebody didn't do their homewoooooork! ♪" to Akki from last week :allears:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Lamuella posted:

Did Marika always have that chest piece tattoo?

I think she started doing them in early February, but strangely enough, it's temporary???

The interior text changes and the outside lines flake. It probably has something to do with her character.

As evidence, I cite a Kamiyu tweet:

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1378731640927571971?s=19

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Considering the taboo in Japan around tattoos that still exists: its probably for the best that sort of thing is temporary.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
VOD was seemingly broken yesterday, but got to watch it now. Some of the lengthiest promos yet, and I liked how Nodoka tied hers in with the childish bullying she subjected Nao to. I think that's probably the most heelish I've seen the Bakuretsu Sisters work and I thought it was funny.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also, from the Neko match I loved Chris saying:

"the height difference here is just ridiculous...... is this what it looks like when I wrestle?"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TJPW try to make it up to us about the May 1 show being audience-free by streaming it live on Wrestle Universe.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1387075205785296899

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KAIJU AND CAT

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1387196245953982467

I love how Shoko puts her everything into everything.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Tonight!

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1387212658030510084?s=19

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1102190/Monster_Train/

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
With the talent on both sides, this could be the first one to go to the time limit. Ordinarily I'd never bet against "Raku eats the pin" in a match with a bunch of main eventers but she's been treated with a bit more credibility lately.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Raku is going to pin both Yuka and Mizuki after the express.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We're live pals

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time for the main event. I had to dip out for the semi-main but managed to get here just in time for the big one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

KAIJU AND TRAIN

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey, Yamanote Line. I've been on that one

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THE HOLY poo poo GIRLS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

THE HOLY poo poo GIRLS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Brooksie.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh wait, this music's great too

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Oh wait, this music's great too

I completely agree (I think Brookes said that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

I completely agree (I think Brookes said that)

Yeah that was Brookes.