Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My boy Colossus cleans up good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm still behind, does he always dress like Mikhail now, or is this just for the ball?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
LOL Shaw.

My first thought with Xavier was why is he gold-chaining like Mr. T.

And I'm disappointed in the Sinister cape. Either go big or go like 10 capes. That thing is not Gala worthy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm still behind, does he always dress like Mikhail now, or is this just for the ball?

He spends most of his time farming.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

danbanana posted:

LOL Shaw.

My first thought with Xavier was why is he gold-chaining like Mr. T.

And I'm disappointed in the Sinister cape. Either go big or go like 10 capes. That thing is not Gala worthy.

I assume Sinister just views everyone else as finally getting on his level.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Warlock wins. :keke:

Half of these should just be their regular costumes from now on, they're great.

Well...not crazy about Lorna's? It looks like a big styrofoam condom.

And yeah nothing's gonna go with that helmet, Xavier.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I wonder why was Mastermind invited.

Most of those look nice, some are kind of lame, and some, though playing safe, are pretty cool, like Nightcrawler's.

Synch is surprisingly awesome.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Gaz-L posted:

I assume Sinister just views everyone else as finally getting on his level.

The moment he suspected that was happening he would have gotten a Spawn-esque cape.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sinister’s sentient cape is also a Sinister clone.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I love all of these so much but I feel for the artists who are going to have to draw 2-5+ of these outfits per panel.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

X-O posted:

My boy Colossus cleans up good.

On second glance... Colossus is, umm, packing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sage is such a normie.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I appreciate X-Force wearing matching clothes.

But yes, Bishop appears to be going to a leather bar.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like that last Xavier outfit means he's going to tell us how to get free money from the Krakoa government.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I sure don’t like Prodigy’s.

But that’s probably because I was just reading Academy X the other day. He’s almost a completely different character now.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

IUG posted:

I feel like that last Xavier outfit means he's going to tell us how to get free money from the Krakoa government.

Riddle to me this, my X-Men!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Beerdeer posted:

I sure don’t like Prodigy’s.

But that’s probably because I was just reading Academy X the other day. He’s almost a completely different character now.

he seems completely different because he is. prodigy didn't simply die or disappear into the background like most of his peers. dude's been through some poo poo since academy x, and most of it while depowered. i'm not entirely sure why he dressed for carnival in rio instead of the hellfire gala, though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

I appreciate X-Force wearing matching clothes.

security detail needs to be uniform

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Madrox just stole a Green Lantern outfit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Can we take a moment to admire Sunspot's outfit? Cus it's lit my dudes, I'm talking straight fire

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cannonball's needs to just be his superhero outfit from now on

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

danbanana posted:

Strong username/post combo

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Magneto looks like the Mayor of Mutants. He looks like he's going to go to Kansas and evict homesteaders. Magneto, what are you doing?

I'll also note that I was initially disappointed by Sinister's look, then doubly disappointed when I realized that Colossus' fit would be perfect for Sinister. Maybe we're heading for an Earth X situation in which they're the same guy because otherwise what we're looking at here is fashion robbery.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait hang on i thought Selene was bones powering a gate to Otherworld now

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

How Wonderful! posted:

Magneto looks like the Mayor of Mutants. He looks like he's going to go to Kansas and evict homesteaders. Magneto, what are you doing?

I'll also note that I was initially disappointed by Sinister's look, then doubly disappointed when I realized that Colossus' fit would be perfect for Sinister. Maybe we're heading for an Earth X situation in which they're the same guy because otherwise what we're looking at here is fashion robbery.
Maybe Sinister's letting the rookies have this day, just to lull them into a false sense of security. Alternately he's still recovering from the dental work.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Alaois posted:

wait hang on i thought Selene was bones powering a gate to Otherworld now
Understandable impression, but Selene is fine. During that issue, she joined with =|A|= against the other Externals.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I heard she recently violated the killing no humans law in some Avengers comic, but it doesn't seem to have been picked by any of the X writers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IUG posted:

Lesko is a minor local celebrity and people are always excited to run into him. I saw him at the Newseum years back and what I assume was his car in the Ikea parking lot (because who else has a car painted with question marks?)

He seems to have changed his look a lot recently.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Edge & Christian posted:

X-Force #18's credits have Garry Brown penciling and Cassara inking, X-Force #19 is all Garry Brown.

The Blink on Krakoa is presumably the 'original' 616 Blink, whose entire published history has been:

1994 - A few issues of the Phalanx Covenant crossover where she dies/'dies'
2009 - Appears in the afterlife in an issue of Incredible Herc
2009 - Revealed in Necrosha to have survived but in some void, brought back home by Selene
2011 - An eight page anthology story where she's revealed to not be evil/controlled by Selene anymore but also that she doesn't want to join the X-Men
2011-2012: A sporadic "reserve" member of the New Mutants during Abnett/Lanning's run on the book
2017: Shows up in an issue as part of a group shot of the Hydra collaborating New Tian Mutants in an issue, doesn't actually do anything.
2018: Announced as part of the "Newer Mutants" story arc in Cable. Does not appear in the first issue, revealed to be working for Selene against the Newer Mutants on the last page of the second issue, is an unspeaking zombie servant of Selene (who eventually teams up with Cable's team to stop GIDEON) and then at the end teleports Gideon's head off and then leaves.

That was the character's entire publication history (about three dozen appearances) prior to Krakoa era, and she's mind controlled in at least a third of those where she's given dialogue.

Everything else has been the Age of Apocalypse Blink, or possibly other alternate universe Blinks.

A bit belated, but thanks to you and everyone else for the Blink info. Also, you should all point and laugh at me, the naive fool, for honestly believing that a mutant stayed dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WaffleZombie posted:

A bit belated, but thanks to you and everyone else for the Blink info. Also, you should all point and laugh at me, the naive fool, for honestly believing that a mutant stayed dead.

A double fool for thinking she was even dead in the first place, really.

Just fool all the way down.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Where's Cypher? Underneath Warlock?

man i love warlock

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

danbanana posted:

https://twitter.com/emilywritesgood/status/1387175318042128386?s=20

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I am guessing they forgot about Betsy and only care about Kwannon?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I am guessing they forgot about Betsy and only care about Kwannon?

Betsy is Captain Britain now

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Glad to see Wiz Kid finally get with the times.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Alaois posted:

Betsy is Captain Britain now

I know but the poster on my wall is Betsy and she was Psylocke before the body switch. Why do my favorite comic characters have to be so confusing!?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Psylocke is a better name than Revanche and Betsy wasn't using it.

There's two Wolverines (three if you count Jonathan). If Betsy stops being Captain Britain she can probably still use Psylocke too.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 28, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my favorite piece of trivia about Psylocke is that the Asian body switch was supposed to be temporary, but people loved Jim Lee's design so much that it became permanent, and that the Siege Perilous was supposed to have actually transmogrified her body into that, but Fabian Nicieza misunderstood that aspect of the story and thought it made her switch bodies with another person which is why Revanche exists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably for the best on the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

my favorite piece of trivia about Psylocke is that the Asian body switch was supposed to be temporary, but people loved Jim Lee's design so much that it became permanent, and that the Siege Perilous was supposed to have actually transmogrified her body into that, but Fabian Nicieza misunderstood that aspect of the story and thought it made her switch bodies with another person which is why Revanche exists.

Yeah I skipped most of 90s X-Men and didn't get back into it until Morrison, but I read Claremont up until well after the stuff with Psylocke changing bodies and that was definitely supposed to be a whole new body, not a mind swap.