Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Oh hey eu4 got a new expansion hmm wonder if it's any good...

oh lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I don't think I've ever seen a steam release with a rating this low

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rynoto posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a steam release with a rating this low

with a rating like that, people considering which DLC to pick up next five years from now will still be asking this thread "why does everyone on steam hate emperor?"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

And just the other day a Stellaris dev was in that thread complaining that people didn't send in enough bug reports so they obviously couldn't find or fix bugs. Not the same team of course, but come on.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Seeing how Paradox have created their QA the last couple of years it's not really surprising that they want the players to test the game for them.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Poil posted:

And just the other day a Stellaris dev was in that thread complaining that people didn't send in enough bug reports so they obviously couldn't find or fix bugs. Not the same team of course, but come on.

To be fair it's not just a different team, it's an entirely different studio. And the bugs in Stellaris currently are nowhere near anything like this.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

canepazzo posted:

To be fair it's not just a different team, it's an entirely different studio. And the bugs in Stellaris currently are nowhere near anything like this.
That is a fair point. Just the timing of it ended up a bit bad. Has any Stellaris vanilla or dlc been this broken?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Poil posted:

That is a fair point. Just the timing of it ended up a bit bad. Has any Stellaris vanilla or dlc been this broken?

no, launch was pretty dire but more in a dearth of content/bad AI kind of way

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Poil posted:

There are EU4 bugs that were identified in 1.13 and fixed in 1.31, so in some ways they really tried to work on technical debt this patch.

But in general posting bugs for EU4 seems futile. i remember posting bug report about an obvious graphical bug that was there since release around 2017, and I think it was fixed in Emperor patch. Haven't checked this patch but we all know about rounding bugs that were there since release (you need 100g to build that thing but you only have 100g, you imbecile).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Jazerus posted:

no, launch was pretty dire but more in a dearth of content/bad AI kind of way
Thanks, I didn't buy Stellaris until a few weeks after launch (and a few months with EU4).

ilitarist posted:

There are EU4 bugs that were identified in 1.13 and fixed in 1.31, so in some ways they really tried to work on technical debt this patch.

But in general posting bugs for EU4 seems futile. i remember posting bug report about an obvious graphical bug that was there since release around 2017, and I think it was fixed in Emperor patch. Haven't checked this patch but we all know about rounding bugs that were there since release (you need 100g to build that thing but you only have 100g, you imbecile).
You can get a more detailed tooltip, I think, to see that it costs 100.24 and you only have 100.23 by holding the mouse cursor over your money and the building (maybe?).

It does feel super futile when they very clearly either didn't give a rotten lingonberry about it or their entire QA was to see if the main menu launched.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Positives: The actual features of the patch seem pretty good besides the insanity of the current values and the rest of the code in general being on fire.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Do you know how this one happened?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

It appears to be coming from any of the republican governing types that choose an admiral/general to be the next ruler on the previous one's death; so Military Dictatorship, which you can get as milan in the "Sforza Clashes with the Republic" event, switzerland way later in a revolutionary event, Stratocratic Administration for republican Prussia, Military Electorate for revolutionary countries, Pirate King for pirate nations, and Board of Admirals for any republic that's finished naval ideas.

Normally the way they work is the ruler quality is roughly based on leader pips (apparently 16 military pips for an admiral/general roughly corollate to about 12 ruler pips) but the math is turbofucked at the moment so you get crazy numbers instead, probably underflowing somehow.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Popular user-defined tags for this product:

Psychological Horror
Early Access
Memes
Dark Humor
Hentai
Sexual Content
Experimental
Nudity
Dark Comedy
Horror
Gore
Survival Horror
Strategy
Simulation
Anime
Cyberpunk
Dating Sim
Funny
Walking Simulator
Indie

I get being upset at this for twenty bucks but I seriously can't, I've gotten more entertainment in the past twenty-four hours from watching the angry paradox fan online explosion than I ever could actually playing in that span of time

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 28, 2021

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Most of the new mechanics will probably be cool after poo poo has been unfucked. But yeah.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Groke posted:

Most of the new mechanics will probably be cool after poo poo has been unfucked. But yeah.

If.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Watch them announce EU5 at pdxcon and this is just how 4 remains forever

e: Europa Universalis 4: Cyberpunk 1444

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 28, 2021

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

not with a bang, but with a wet, sloppy fart

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

oh so how eu3 ended

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jazerus posted:

with a rating like that, people considering which DLC to pick up next five years from now will still be asking this thread "why does everyone on steam hate emperor?"
2020 called, it wants its post back.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I get being upset at this for twenty bucks but I seriously can't, I've gotten more entertainment in the past twenty-four hours from watching the angry paradox fan online explosion than I ever could actually playing in that span of time
Yeah this thread was the highlight of my day yesterday because the game being this buggy is loving hysterical.

edit: although, Leviathan for EU4 was the one thing keeping me from playing the new Stellaris patch. If Leviathan broke EU4 this bad and a basic "uh, oops" patch wont be coming out for at least a week...

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Oh look, a patch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/236850/view/3065239561538778636

The changelist is so big and some changes are so substantial it really looks like they've released wrong version yesterday.

Edit: after patch I get even more missing art in Tonga missions. Wow.

ilitarist fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 28, 2021

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Do you know how this one happened?

No, got it off the Paradox forums

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Watching the paradox stream of EU4 on twitch this morning, partially to lol at fan reactions more, and rediscovered another hilarious paradox thing: the automated twitch chat mod autodeletes comments that say "Victoria" or "Vicky" or "Ricky" in the PDX channel

I don't know if this is just a gag or if they got sick of people spamming demands for V3 but either way, extremely funny.

Hell, for that matter it's funny that the grand campaign they've got going is CK-EU-HOI-Stellaris. Why have you damnatio memoriae'd the train game Johan?? :argh:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Watching the paradox stream of EU4 on twitch this morning, partially to lol at fan reactions more, and rediscovered another hilarious paradox thing: the automated twitch chat mod autodeletes comments that say "Victoria" or "Vicky" or "Ricky" in the PDX channel

I don't know if this is just a gag or if they got sick of people spamming demands for V3 but either way, extremely funny.

Hell, for that matter it's funny that the grand campaign they've got going is CK-EU-HOI-Stellaris. Why have you damnatio memoriae'd the train game Johan?? :argh:
I mean, I understand the stream’s purpose is to sell current software offerings, but putting them all together serves only to draw attention to the conspicuous gap between the end of EU IV and the beginning of HoI IV.
I honestly don’t think we’re ever getting another Victoria, at this point. It never sold that well(IIRC) and we barely got the 2nd one out of old Paradox. Now that PDOX is a corp...

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Anyone playing on the latest patch? The features Leviathan introduces are right up my alley, but I definitely don't want to jump in until it's only busted within reason

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Corpo-speak apology time:

And now it was taken down...

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
That's the most generic apology ever.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Beamed posted:

old school paradox is back baby awoo (wolf howl)

Europa Universalis 4: Steppe Wolf

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"based on learnings from this release" :roflolmao:
Ooooh, so releasing an untested alpha build isn't a good idea? Like woah. We didn't know that until now.

Kris xK posted:

That's the most generic apology ever.
Still better than a blizzard non-apology at least.

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 28, 2021

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
is this kaiser johan or johan

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

im so mad i missed +100% missionary strength

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

lmao gently caress off you corporate dipshits and listen to your loving fanbase

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ilitarist posted:

Oh look, a patch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/236850/view/3065239561538778636

The changelist is so big and some changes are so substantial it really looks like they've released wrong version yesterday.

Edit: after patch I get even more missing art in Tonga missions. Wow.

Aww man, if I read this right the last Federation reform doesn't automatically integrate all members anymore.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

quote:

- Fixed Missing reforms of Polynesian Kingdom and Polynesian Tribe.
Goodbye to the Polynesian Stateless Kingdom Society. :(

That one only seemed to happen because Polynesian Kingdom wasn't being considered an actual reform, so adding it to a country that already had another top-level reform let you double-up. However, if they didn't fix the base issue of reaching 0 Governing Capacity giving you effectively infinite capacity with the penalties inverted into bonuses, then this may still be achievable with a Stateless Society? What other ways are there of lowering your GC?

Also, this doesn't fix many of the missing assets (there seems to be even more missing than before now). Nor does it fix the hawaii formation event giving you generic national ideas. The game balance is also really not there with all the new mechanics. But it does seem to fix just about every other notable bug people have been mentioning here. I'm even noticing some fixes that aren't mentioned in the patch notes. They fixed reform progress, and that Center of Trade mission that gives you a CoT in every owned province.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 29, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aww man, if I read this right the last Federation reform doesn't automatically integrate all members anymore.

False alarm, it totally does. Just formed Iroquois in 1493 with my 50+ dev capital. :getin:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jesus, Kotaku has an article saying this expansion is the worst reviewed game on Steam.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
This is pretty sad. There really is no excuse.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
The new patch destroys ironman games so thats cool. Guess i'm going to wait a week or so before starting another run

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Firebatgyro posted:

The new patch destroys ironman games so thats cool. Guess i'm going to wait a week or so before starting another run

My friends have been planning a eu4 game for a month, and we are pushing it out till games patched up and fixed. It really sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

You can just roll back the patch version to 1.30