Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

That's pretty TTO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

We gotta lower the loving mound after this season. There's precedent.

Vladdy jumping up to tie for the AL lead in home runs tonight has been fun to watch, though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oh and Tyler Chatwood is good now

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Of course he is, he's off the Cubs.

e. Also he's in the pen where he belongs. He was actually pretty good in 2019 when the Cubs mostly kept him in a relief role.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oh and Tyler Chatwood is good now

Surprisingly so is Steven Matz.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Intruder posted:

How's that crackdown on foreign substances going?

https://twitter.com/bbletter/status/1387174590498148358

obviously rosin, every twitter detective is a mental deficient

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
John gant looks like kid rock and riff raff had a very wet baby boy.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Someone photoshop Varitek's face on Xenia Onatopp's body tia

Don't risk it. I did that once, and now Varitek/Onatopp mashups are the only way I can get off.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Gerblederp posted:

Surprisingly so is Steven Matz.

The thing with Matz has been more his durability than his quality prior to last year. I'm glad he's pitching well.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Vlad is the youngest player since 1901 to have a 3 HR 7 RBI game :swoon:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oh no we suck again!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Vlad is great but do take a little time to bask in this as well https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1387207972498010112?s=20

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Is it just me or is Michael Kay making much more gaffes this season? He's mentioned Jeter's 3000 home runs, Cole pitching a great game for the Mets, and I've heard a few other similar blunders too. Nobody's perfect and everybody makes mistakes but I feel like I'm hearing him make them more and more. Hope he's OK.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
More like Bad Guerrero

lmao gottem

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh no we suck again!

Mariner's April Baseball is a potent but fleeting high

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Is this old man posting station?

When was it ever not?

Er, also, I wouldn't take mcmagic as a vertical slice of SAS. More a, I dunno, extremely vocal sports talk caller.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Casnorf posted:

When was it ever not?

Er, also, I wouldn't take mcmagic as a vertical slice of SAS. More a, I dunno, extremely vocal sports talk caller.

McMagic is the mythical "long time caller, first time listener"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I still think we should make all nine innings home run derby. Offense is exciting, why bother with the boring fielding or baserunning stuff? Everything I dislike about the game should be removed.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I still think we should make all nine innings home run derby. Offense is exciting, why bother with the boring fielding or baserunning stuff? Everything I dislike about the game should be removed.

Banning you from PNC would make my Pirates game experience measurably better :P

(I've been to three rivers but not PNC yet. I should go sometime. I hear it's a fun park.)

Apr 7, 2003

It's a fantastic park and the best part is that you get all of it to yourself whenever you go and have for years.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

I've driven further for less, so maybe I'll try to do a parks tour next year. I can walk to Camden Yards and I go to Nats park pretty regularly (though not last year or I suspect this year) but I been thinking about doing some see-a-game trips again like I did in the 90's.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

If you're trying to be ironic it's nit working because this is how you come across.

If you're being serious then you must be Rob Manfred since it seems like you hate baseball.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

You’re right, we should keep the DH.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Casnorf posted:

When was it ever not?

If hating deciding games on the moronic HRD makes me a boomer or a sports talk caller, fine. It's the correct opinion. I saw what happened with Hockey.

Apr 7, 2003

Last night's Royals - Pirates game was fun, there wasn't a single long ball. Lots of action on the bases, lots of balls in play.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Casnorf posted:

I've driven further for less, so maybe I'll try to do a parks tour next year. I can walk to Camden Yards and I go to Nats park pretty regularly (though not last year or I suspect this year) but I been thinking about doing some see-a-game trips again like I did in the 90's.

Outside of Wrigley, Camden and PNC are my favorites I've been to, and I've been to 14? I think? of the current ones.

Apr 7, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Imagine being upset about what happens in the Pioneer league lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Imagine being upset about what happens in the Pioneer league lmao

All the dumb rules that they have tried in the majors started in the minors.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

All the dumb rules that they have tried in the majors started in the minors.

But not all the dumb rules they try in the pioneer league make it to MLB

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This happened a few days ago. World-Series-winning Cub robs another World-Series-winning Cub of a double, when neither is on the Cubs anymore. Apparently Almora and Schwarber spent the night before the game playing video games together. :3:

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1386395147101892609

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If hating deciding games on the moronic HRD makes me a boomer or a sports talk caller, fine. It's the correct opinion. I saw what happened with Hockey.

You hating deciding games on a home run derby isn't what makes you a sports talk caller. It's literally everything else you say ever. I wouldn't have you any other way, don't worry!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Citizens Bank is my favorite because it managed to create an intimate minor league stadium feel in a big league stadium. PNC is a very close second. It’s like the Disney World to Phillys Disney Land. I used to love Camden but it feels very first gen now with all the amenities feeling removed from the game.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/benwag247/status/1387372621839446018

HELL YA

Apr 7, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Citizens Bank is my favorite because it managed to create an intimate minor league stadium feel in a big league stadium. PNC is a very close second. It’s like the Disney World to Phillys Disney Land. I used to love Camden but it feels very first gen now with all the amenities feeling removed from the game.

The first level concourse at PNC being at the top of the seating area and having full visibility to the field helps a shitload.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

The first game at CBP I saw was the back-to-back-to-back homers in like the eighth after I remember getting a bit frustrated I hadn't got to see the bell thing all night. It's a good park, but man it being good lets me be nostalgic about the Vet experience.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's Camden's problem. If you want to take advantage of the amenities you basically have to abandon the game/field. The modern stadiums are designed much better so you can still see the field or haven an open feel to the whole stadium.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wandy Peralta was expendable but I hope trading for an OF doesn't mean that Yaz, Solano, etc are gonna miss a lot of time.

I know we say this every year, but there's a ton of injuries this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The only game I went to at CBP was a Phillies/Reds game on a Saturday afternoon and most of what I remember about it was a couple sitting close to us who were trying to remember the rules of baseball. One of them asked the other one "shouldn't it have been halftime already?"

I don't remember much about the game other than that the Phillies walked it off in the 9th