Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

He's got doughy mant tits, OP.

Oh so you want me to root for him even more now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

He's got doughy mant tits, OP.

Picturing Brady's perfectly sphericalflat man-breasts.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hmm. If the Falcons trade Julio after June 1st they can split his dead cap between 2021 and 2022. But that means they're trading for 2022 picks.

This draft is pretty thin so it might be a good idea.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's the weird thing about the draft. There is a lot of value in a guy who is unrefined but still managed to produce heavily. Frankly that's the best argument for Chase. He's got a lot to learn about route running and was still able to achieve that crazy production while being only 19.

Yeah route running is something you can coach. Remember when Julio Jones decided he was going to pay attention to route running just off the cuff one year and then his stats exploded

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Declan MacManus posted:

mac jones is probably a kirk cousins, and if that's what shanahan wants, well, that's what he'll get

it's just an unimaginative pick and wasn't worth trading up to #3 for imo (no take backsies though)

You are underrating Cousins here, or think Mac Jones is going to be a top 10 QB

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

I would rather take a ballsy gunslinger you can refine than a mistake-free guy who is at his ceiling but I root for Mahomes so I no longer think in terms of QBs normally

I would rather take the QB who is both :smaug:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Declan MacManus posted:

it's just an unimaginative pick and wasn't worth trading up to #3 for imo (no take backsies though)

It's this

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I hate imaginative picks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AndrewP posted:

Hmm. If the Falcons trade Julio after June 1st they can split his dead cap between 2021 and 2022. But that means they're trading for 2022 picks.

This draft is pretty thin so it might be a good idea.

It's ridiculously stacked picks 20-60, so it would seem... which is about what I'd expect Julio to go for. Seems silly to not trade him for a good bottom 2 or top 3rd if they'll move him. Still starting caliber players to be had if you get a little luck and a big gamble.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Jones also shows bad off field judgment. I know, young, but the seeds you sow today are the fields you reap later in life. Or something like that. I hope the Pats get him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
In a world where the 49ers don't trade up, where does Jones probably get drafted?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

might draft a running back in the third round. Don't know

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In a world where the 49ers don't trade up, where does Jones probably get drafted?
In the 8-15 range.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I feel like if one team is willing to make that trade to draft the guy then there's probably at least another who also thinks he's pretty good

Of course it could all be a smokescreen and the Niners draft Pitts for the best TE combo in the league

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brad Holmes, possessed by the power of famed dumbshit Matt Millen, drafts a wideout who then goes on to get busted selling enriched uranium to North Korea in the offseason.

I expect nothing less from the Lions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The draft guide that matters

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1387496963810148357

Justin Fields - A high-quality passer who can also beat you with his feet, Fields is a direct comp to Deshaun Watson in every way except that one big one.

Ja'Marr Chase - A physically dominant receiver with long arms and great speed, Chase’s only flaw is his inability to create separation due to a crippling fear of dying alone.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
lol

Kyle Pitts
This 6-foot-6 pass catcher with giant hands would be a great asset to any quarterback who needs that kind of pathetic crutch to excel.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-reportedly-will-not-have-chance-to-draft-kyle-pitts

RIP to any type of quality from journalism. Reports on tweets on tweets

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So does the NFL still have those policies in place to stop Schefter from always spoiling the pick 10 minutes in advance?

Of course sometimes the network gets so far loving behind that 3 picks have been made in the time it takes to show one.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So does the NFL still have those policies in place to stop Schefter from always spoiling the pick 10 minutes in advance?

Of course sometimes the network gets so far loving behind that 3 picks have been made in the time it takes to show one.

Doesn't that usually happen on day 3 though? Can't remember them letting it get bad during the prime time slots.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

ESPN and NFL Network employees have agreed not to tip picks but it won't stop like Shams Charania from busting into your Twitter timeline to let you know the pick 3 teams from now. If you dont want spoilers, don't follow on Twitter.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I remember Berman in his prime in the late 00s would spoil basically every pick

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Doesn't that usually happen on day 3 though? Can't remember them letting it get bad during the prime time slots.

Pretty sure it’s happened in round 1 due to the puff pieces they have for a bunch of the prospects that run past picks being made.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I literally just wanna know who the pick is so I can go watch a quick highlight video and look at their profiles after the fact, I want them spoiled as soon as humanly possible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

ESPN and NFL Network employees have agreed not to tip picks but it won't stop like Shams Charania from busting into your Twitter timeline to let you know the pick 3 teams from now. If you dont want spoilers, don't follow on Twitter.

Yeah we usually have that argument every year in the draft GDT. Usually day 1 is no spoilers but after that people lose interest. Personally I'm a no spoiler guy for that first round, but everyone is different.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The only spoiler I want is seeing a prospect pick up his phone and then break into years because the Bears GM just told them they're going to draft them

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

nah posted:

I feel like if one team is willing to make that trade to draft the guy then there's probably at least another who also thinks he's pretty good

The Bears traded four picks to move from 3 to 2 to take Mitch Trubisky, who was absolutely not going before 3.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there aren't any spoilers

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also, final mocks the day before/of are always more interesting because it feels real. Allbright only does 1. Would love Jenkins to make it to 23.
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1387433176092479488

Oh God please let this be real, I will be very happy with Lance after a month of thinking it was Jones.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everyone keeps predicting a Miami move from 6 and stating they're making calls all over the place, so I have to assume if Pitts and Chase are gone, Miami's moving down and grabbing either Waddle or a tackle.

Or moving down and doing something. Honestly this regime is amazingly nuts, tight lipped, and its so much fun

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Miami should stay put and grab their favorite blue chip player. Any of those top not qb's would be a huge boost and get them way more long term than getting cute for an extra 3rd.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Miami should stay put and grab their favorite blue chip player. Any of those top not qb's would be a huge boost and get them way more long term than getting cute for an extra 3rd.

All depends on the offer but I agree with you in theory. if you're moving down for something as small as a 3rd, then I can't imagine you're saying no to Detroit because that's who that better be for such a small return. I imagine the trade down would only happen with Denver (Who has already confirmed they've been discussing draft day trades with Miami) or Carolina, and youd only do it if youre netting multiple rid rounders or god help you, get anything approaching their 2nd rounder

I cant imagine Miami would risk losing Sewell, Smith or Waddle, their apparent 3 "elite tier" offensive guys remaining after Chase and Pitts are drafted.

edit: vv lol now thats some APH fanfic right there

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 28, 2021

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Marc Sessler mock

https://twitter.com/MarcSessler/status/1387509097503760387

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I will be so pissed at Howie if that comes true

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There was that whole thing about Geno Smith being incredibly salty and leaving early when there were still 5 picks left or whatever in the first round when in reality he left once all the picks were in I remember.

I mean, it turns out he also has a questionably likeable personality considering that whole punching thing and no one taking his side. But he didn't leave before knowing his name wasn't getting called.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lmao just saw it wasnt miami who picked Sewell @8 it was Minnesota because Miami traded back down again for what is assuredly a future 1st rounder. After getting Carolinas 2nd rounder in that 6->8 lol

My god this guy is trying to get my likes and he's got it sir.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My mock draft

Pick 1: Shot of Whistlepig 12 Yr
Pick 2: Shot of Glenmorangie 1991
Pick 3: Lagaluvin 16 yr
Pick 4: 5 Magma Wings
Pick 5: Shot of Stagg Jr
Pick 6: Small Pepperoni Pizza
Pick 7: Mexican Coke
Pick 8: Bacon Cheeseburger on Garlic Bread and bacon cheese fries
Pick 9: Defibulator
Pick 10: Ice Cream

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

All depends on the offer but I agree with you in theory. if you're moving down for something as small as a 3rd, then I can't imagine you're saying no to Detroit because that's who that better be for such a small return. I imagine the trade down would only happen with Denver (Who has already confirmed they've been discussing draft day trades with Miami) or Carolina, and youd only do it if youre netting multiple rid rounders or god help you, get anything approaching their 2nd rounder

I cant imagine Miami would risk losing Sewell, Smith or Waddle, their apparent 3 "elite tier" offensive guys remaining after Chase and Pitts are drafted.

edit: vv lol now thats some APH fanfic right there

I mean even Parsons/Surtain/Horn would be a huge get (we really don't know what the real professional FO boards look like). Any of those elite tier players are way better than gambling on future/extra picks and fill an immediate need or huge upgrade. To me it's cashing out with your winnings. That Texans pick is just such a huge bonus.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm not at all sure of my mock but I'm pretty sure it'll be way closer to what really happens than that mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gatts posted:

My mock draft

Pick 1: Shot of Whistlepig 12 Yr
Pick 2: Shot of Glenmorangie 1991
Pick 3: Lagaluvin 16 yr
Pick 4: 5 Magma Wings
Pick 5: Shot of Stagg Jr
Pick 6: Small Pepperoni Pizza
Pick 7: Mexican Coke
Pick 8: Bacon Cheeseburger on Garlic Bread and bacon cheese fries
Pick 9: Defibulator
Pick 10: Ice Cream

Your rear end will create less of a mess after this than like half the teams will with their actual drafts