Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can someone recommend some VLP of the old Sierra games? Mostly interested in the Quest for Glory series and some of the standalone games like Conquest of Camelot and Robin Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Sjonkel posted:

Can someone recommend some VLP of the old Sierra games? Mostly interested in the Quest for Glory series and some of the standalone games like Conquest of Camelot and Robin Hood.

I know Nidoking did a rather good playthrough of Torin's Passage. Granted, that's a later game, which has more in common with the last King's and Space Quest games. Then there's Bacter's LP of Laura Bow, which is one of my faves. None of these are QfG or the Conquest games, I'm afraid, but I hope it helps?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Vermintide 2 is on sale so I was seeing if there were any LPs of it or the first one around? VLP preferred.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suprised there isn't already a Disco Elysium Final Cut VLP around 'ere. Requesting one.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
You know what, I'm going to request that somebody LP Sudeki, a 2004 game for Xbox and PC. (It's like $6 on Steam.) It is... not unlike a Tales game, I suppose?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I was too smoothbrain to get far in the original as a kid, and I never played the sequels. I'm also in the mood for a comfy and chill series of atmospheric games.
What I'm saying is: has anyone tried doing all of the Myst games? I know there's at least one of the original both in video and screenshot format, but I'd love to see a video rundown of the whole series.

It's not SA, but I recommend Sven's LPs. He knows the Myst series and covers literally everything. There are even 2 Uru LPs, a normal one for the single player version and a second one for the online version that doesn't just show off the online-only stuff but goes through the regular ages with a co-player. The only flaw is that he started his LPing back in the 10-min time limit days of Youtube and he took a while to get out of that habit so you have to deal with short videos mostly.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Just finished reading a SMT 4-2 LP and it wowed me after less than stellar opinions of 1, 3 and 3-2. I initially found it over a year ago, but put it off hoping someone would make one of Shin Megami Tensei 4 SSLP but thats not happened and I caved, so here I am to request it. The archived LP of 2 is super dated with tiny images that give me a headache so if it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei 2 SSLP as well, especially if FrankZP is around and willing to give it another try.

I tried to use the nice succinct link, but couldnt get it to work, but here's a link to the LP since its off site. https://www.lp.zone/t/if-you-see-the-buddha-on-the-road-kill-him-lets-play-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/1827

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Possibly worth mentioning that the GBA version of SMT1 received a fantranslation a couple of months ago. There's some new content with the Visionary Items, that add backstory and details to the plot, nicer graphics and a few demons exclusive to this version. It's based on the iOS port, so the translation's very different in places compared to the Aeon Genesis one everyone's familiar with.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Possibly worth mentioning that the GBA version of SMT1 received a fantranslation a couple of months ago. There's some new content with the Visionary Items, that add backstory and details to the plot, nicer graphics and a few demons exclusive to this version. It's based on the iOS port, so the translation's very different in places compared to the Aeon Genesis one everyone's familiar with.

is the translation straight up the one from the {dead} official ios port?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Booky posted:

is the translation straight up the one from the {dead} official ios port?

Yeah, the readme that comes with it says that it actually requires a copy of the iOS rom (which all us SMT fans have legally, right guys? :smuggo:) to properly patch. It comes with its own patcher to do the job as well.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I would literally pay someone to do a complete LP of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.R.R._Tolkien%27s_The_Lord_of_the_Rings,_Vol._I_(1990_video_game)

the abandoned LP by Composerguy(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529094) makes me sad every time I think of it, since he was doing such a good drat job.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.R.R._Tolkien%27s_The_Lord_of_the_Rings,_Vol._I_(1990_video_game)

the abandoned LP by Composerguy(https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529094) makes me sad every time I think of it, since he was doing such a good drat job.

Holy cow I remember this, did it have a Two Towers version as well? I remember being able to recruit just about any NPC I encountered and form a ludicrously huge warband wandering the countryside, stomping on any orc heads we encountered. Then I played Merry & Pippin and tried to mess with some kind of evil tree that instantly wiped me, and that's all I remember from playing it on my dad's laptop as an 8 year old.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Gods, that was one of the threads that had me sign up for the forums, I think. That was a fantastic LP, as far as it went.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Has anyone found an N-Gage Emulator yet? I'm still looking for a Rifts: Promise of Power LP so I can geek out about the setting and system.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Talen_Soti posted:

Has anyone found an N-Gage Emulator yet? I'm still looking for a Rifts: Promise of Power LP so I can geek out about the setting and system.

Looks like this is the most active one.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Chronische posted:

Holy cow I remember this, did it have a Two Towers version as well?

It did! There was, sadly, no third installment IIRC.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm just going to second or third this, that abandoned LP looks fantastic and I'd love to see more/see it completed.

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
Did Jerusalem ever do any other LPs after A Scotsman in Egypt and GTA San Andreas?

(btw, if you haven't read those, drop everything right the gently caress now and go read them! your job can wait!)

Also, does anyone remember an old Civ LP (think it was Civ IV), that was really story-heavy. Pretty sure it was set up like a series of history class lectures or some-such, but I really don't remember a lot now.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

nuvan posted:

Also, does anyone remember an old Civ LP (think it was Civ IV), that was really story-heavy. Pretty sure it was set up like a series of history class lectures or some-such, but I really don't remember a lot now.

You're thinking of Zoolooman's Civ 4.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Can someone recommend a LP of Dark Souls 1 to 3? Things I'm looking for is competent play, no facecams and taking the time to talk about the lore without waxing poetically and theorycrafting for hours.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Geop's DS1 LP fits the bill, and Iggy Igsen's LPs of 2 and 3 do too. These are all in the LP archive

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Hey. So I have a total lack of executive function which means I would probably never get an LP done, and my brain is too preoccupied with other more important writing things at the moment. So I'd like to submit a bit of an obscure request: Märchen Forest. It's an absolutely adorable game which got a remaster at the beginning of this year, and which I originally discovered through one of those Comiket doujin game videos that would come out prior to Comiket before COVID hosed all that up. I'd love to see someone cover this one.

You can get it on Steam, and I understand it's available on Switch as well.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

MythosDragon posted:

Just finished reading a SMT 4-2 LP and it wowed me after less than stellar opinions of 1, 3 and 3-2. I initially found it over a year ago, but put it off hoping someone would make one of Shin Megami Tensei 4 SSLP but thats not happened and I caved, so here I am to request it. The archived LP of 2 is super dated with tiny images that give me a headache so if it doesn't step on anyone's toes, I'd like to request Shin Megami Tensei 2 SSLP as well, especially if FrankZP is around and willing to give it another try.

I tried to use the nice succinct link, but couldnt get it to work, but here's a link to the LP since its off site. https://www.lp.zone/t/if-you-see-the-buddha-on-the-road-kill-him-lets-play-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse/1827

I'd love to get on the SMT4 LP, but I'm not 100% sure my computer can emulate it. I'll give it a shot soon.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Solitair posted:

I'd love to get on the SMT4 LP, but I'm not 100% sure my computer can emulate it. I'll give it a shot soon.

Good Luck.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
I am looking for a full Binding of Isaac Let's Play that starts from zero and plays/explores all the content up to Afterbirth+/Repentance with a focus on the gameplay and story and such.

What can you recommend? There are tonnes out there, but either for older versions, or with annoying jokey commentators, or that do not start from a clean slate.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Kalenden posted:

I am looking for a full Binding of Isaac Let's Play that starts from zero and plays/explores all the content up to Afterbirth+/Repentance with a focus on the gameplay and story and such.

What can you recommend? There are tonnes out there, but either for older versions, or with annoying jokey commentators, or that do not start from a clean slate.

You got some weeks to spare?

One you could watch in that case is TurtleMelon's series on Youtube. Start with his Afterbirth+ playlist (starting from a fresh file) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL26XmPJlXTRyvYoIh2Nt0arwjXkhulSep
then when you've watched all... 218 videos of that move on to his Repentance playlist.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I would request an LP of Total Distortion but I think it would be cruel to inflict such an ordeal upon another person. It was on my list but there's no way that I'd be able to take it on anytime soon, my test runs have resulted upon abysmal failure and I'm not even sure if anyone has been able to take it on legitimately from start to finish even on easy mode. I believe that if anyone does complete it on the hardest mode they will be crowned the King of Moldova. This is one of those games that requires a masochistic personality and a healthy dose of LSD to endure it.

If anyone does take it on from start to end, I'll happily throw in a forums upgrade or a charity donation. If no one does then I might take it on at some point before I retire, I'd just prefer it if someone else would take it on.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I would request an LP of Total Distortion but I think it would be cruel to inflict such an ordeal upon another person. It was on my list but there's no way that I'd be able to take it on anytime soon, my test runs have resulted upon abysmal failure and I'm not even sure if anyone has been able to take it on legitimately from start to finish even on easy mode. I believe that if anyone does complete it on the hardest mode they will be crowned the King of Moldova. This is one of those games that requires a masochistic personality and a healthy dose of LSD to endure it.

If anyone does take it on from start to end, I'll happily throw in a forums upgrade or a charity donation. If no one does then I might take it on at some point before I retire, I'd just prefer it if someone else would take it on.
Wasn't there an LP of it posted here? I can find the playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ1PKNw0104&list=PLI1tdyz4XdZRFQEGvG6gFQO_4G95jDt_Z

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608466

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Thank you, kind people.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

whitehelm posted:

It's not SA, but I recommend Sven's LPs. He knows the Myst series and covers literally everything. There are even 2 Uru LPs, a normal one for the single player version and a second one for the online version that doesn't just show off the online-only stuff but goes through the regular ages with a co-player. The only flaw is that he started his LPing back in the 10-min time limit days of Youtube and he took a while to get out of that habit so you have to deal with short videos mostly.

Forgot about this thread because of IRL stuff, but just found your recommendation and thanks, I'll check it out.

And pff. The Freelance Astronauts are still my all time problematic fave and I still watch their stuff somewhat regularly. I can live with Ye Olde Ten Minute Videos.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

And pff. The Freelance Astronauts are still my all time problematic fave and I still watch their stuff somewhat regularly. I can live with Ye Olde Ten Minute Videos.
Oh, no--why are they problematic? :ohdear:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Oh, no--why are they problematic? :ohdear:

Late 00s humour, particularly late 00s Something Awful humour, has not aged particularly well. I know Pipes! in particular was prone to saying some really uncouth and edgy poo poo especially when drunk. If that's something not to your liking, that's your call, but if you can weather a few poorly aged jokes and words every now and again, they're still funny as poo poo.

Keep in mind, these guys stopped doing LPs nearly 10 years ago. Most people in the game on SA today weren't even around back then.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Freelance Astronauts were one of the main reasons I started LPs of their own, but yeah going back and watching their stuff now is hard to do. Pretty much anything from the 00s is going to be a tough watch nowadays since thankfully, humour has evolved significantly. I still remember being in tears laughing at the uh, lost Majora's Mask episodes, but that's pretty much what humour was back then. I miss those guys and I hope they're doing well :unsmith:

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

2000s lp humor

:jecht:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danaru posted:

The Freelance Astronauts were one of the main reasons I started LPs of their own, but yeah going back and watching their stuff now is hard to do. Pretty much anything from the 00s is going to be a tough watch nowadays since thankfully, humour has evolved significantly. I still remember being in tears laughing at the uh, lost Majora's Mask episodes, but that's pretty much what humour was back then. I miss those guys and I hope they're doing well :unsmith:

JFK Reloaded was probably the funniest AND most offensive thing they've ever done. There was just no topping it :allears:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
The Giant Bomb thread went down an LP remembrance spiral the other day.

Are there any good funny group LPer's around anymore? I specifically brought up the Freelance Astronauts. Not because I particularly liked their sense of humor but they just jelled well together. They bounced off each other well, knew how far along to take a joke and when to refocus attention on the game etc.

When Youtube kinda punished LP's in the algorithm a few years back it seems like most group LP'ers kinda disbanded not long afterwards.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Disappointing Pie posted:

The Giant Bomb thread went down an LP remembrance spiral the other day.

Are there any good funny group LPer's around anymore? I specifically brought up the Freelance Astronauts. Not because I particularly liked their sense of humor but they just jelled well together. They bounced off each other well, knew how far along to take a joke and when to refocus attention on the game etc.

When Youtube kinda punished LP's in the algorithm a few years back it seems like most group LP'ers kinda disbanded not long afterwards.
TheStrawhatNo! is still around. BigTUnit doesn't do LPs anymore, but Yoshi still co-commentates and JigglyJacob has filled his slot.

Not really an "LP group" so much as a guy and his friend, but Natural 20 is rarely seen without his buddy Yorkshire Tea, who has even taken the controls for one or two of their LPs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Spoiler Warning is both funny and analytical! They've been around for a long time and have a deep back catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This one might be tricky, but I'd really like to see a VLP of Clock Tower 2 on PS1. Coulis had one for a while, but it vanished with Blip and is gone from Viddler. More comprehensive is ideal, but I realize the game is esoteric as gently caress as well as being really terrible.

Never mind, thank you for the link, Admiral H. Curtiss.

azren fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 6, 2021