Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

His parents worked in a carnival,[20] but they chose to leave after a riot broke out and tents were set on fire.[21][22] Cummings recalled the experience in an interview, stating, "Everybody's pulling out guns, and you could hear guns going off. I remember this one guy we knew, he was telling us where to go, and some guy just ran up to him and hit him in the face with a hammer – just busted his face wide open. My parents packed up real quick, and we took off."[23] Cummings graduated from Haverhill High School in 1983.[24] He moved to New York City and began attending Pratt Institute, where he met eventual bandmate Sean Yseult.[25][26] Before the success of White Zombie, he was a production assistant for the television series Pee-wee's Playhouse.[27]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The song's lyrics tell a story about a man who lives in a "blue world." It is also explained he is "blue inside and outside," which, alongside the lyric "himself and everybody around 'cause he ain't got nobody to listen," and "blue are the feelings that live inside me" may indicate that the term blue represents his emotional state; however, the song also explains that a vast variety of what he owns is also blue, including his house and his car ("a blue Corvette"): different blue-coloured objects are also depicted on the single's cover.[12] The song's hook is the sentence "I'm blue," followed by a repetition of the sounds "da ba dee da ba daa", which the hook is based around.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

goddamnedtwisto posted:

laminating oval office

(this is a reference that is obscure even by yospos standards but i promise if anyone else gets it they're gonna be overjoyed)
doesn't look like anyone got it :/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Polonium monoxide (also known as polonium(II) oxide) is a chemical compound with the formula PoO.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Polonium monoxide (also known as polonium(II) oxide) is a chemical compound with the formula PoO.

:itwaspoo:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

The Arms Control and Disarmament Act of 1961, 22 U.S.C. § 2551, was created to establish a governing body for the control and reduction of apocalyptic armaments with regards to protect a world from the burdens of armaments and the scourge of war. The Act provided an important aspect for the Kennedy Administration's foreign policy which was coherent with the United States national security policy.

i don't really think that's useless but i like the phrase "apocalyptic armaments" which links to the main article for WMDs. it's a much more accurate and loaded name for those fuckin things

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pile Of Garbage posted:

The Arms Control and Disarmament Act of 1961, 22 U.S.C. § 2551, was created to establish a governing body for the control and reduction of apocalyptic armaments with regards to protect a world from the burdens of armaments and the scourge of war. The Act provided an important aspect for the Kennedy Administration's foreign policy which was coherent with the United States national security policy.

i don't really think that's useless but i like the phrase "apocalyptic armaments" which links to the main article for WMDs. it's a much more accurate and loaded name for those fuckin things

at first, i thought it said "apocalyptic arguments", which would have been good too

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
In Windows XP, a degradation in performance of 1394 devices may have occurred with installation of Service Pack 2. This was resolved in Hotfix 885222[46] and in SP3.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

coincidentally 1394 is also the number of people who ever gave a poo poo about firewire

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweevo posted:

coincidentally 1394 is also the number of people who ever gave a poo poo about firewire

it had its day when it was the only way to talk to an ipod and it sucked less than other ways to capture video from consumer cameras of the era.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
firewire 400mbps had its place when the alternate was usb 1.0 at 12mbps

when usb 2.0 was as fast or faster than firewire 400 it was doomed

apple briefly supported firewire 800 but it used a different connector so it was doa

the spec supposedly scales up to firewire 3200 but no one including apple ever tried

target disk mode was neat though

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 24, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

firewire 400mbps had its place when the alternate was usb 1.0 at 12mbps

when usb 2.0 was as fast or faster than firewire 400 it was doomed

apple briefly supported firewire 800 but it used a different connector so it was doa

the spec supposedly scales up to firewire 3200 but no one including apple ever tried

target disk mode was neat though

got a lot of mileage out of target disk mode, yeah.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_art

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The oldest reliably dated rock art in the Americas is known as the "Horny Little Man."

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

In another PC Gamer article highlighting the history of trees in video gaming, Matt Elliott characterized the game's trees as "mean, twisted little saplings" that threaten to ruin the player's course.[22]

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
An example of a hentai illustration; the image has been modified to remove censorship that was present in the original artwork.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

In 1865, the English economist William Stanley Jevons observed that technological improvements that increased the efficiency of coal-use led to the increased consumption of coal in a wide range of industries. He argued that, contrary to common intuition, technological progress could not be relied upon to reduce fuel consumption.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
Its song is a harsh jeeb, and it has a variety of typically grackle-like chatters and squeaks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Devonaut posted:

The oldest reliably dated rock art in the Americas is known as the "Horny Little Man."

im the "not to be confused with art rock" at the top of the "rock art" article

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Some men seek younger women who are able to procreate, not necessarily with an intention to produce offspring.[9]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Goofy suffers from empty nest syndrome after his son Max departs for college. During his work hours at the toy assembly line, Goofy's sadness results in him being careless and eventually resulting in him inadvertently causing a massive explosion in the factory leading to Goofy getting fired from his job.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

awesomeolion posted:

In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Goofy suffers from empty nest syndrome after his son Max departs for college. During his work hours at the toy assembly line, Goofy's sadness results in him being careless and eventually resulting in him inadvertently causing a massive explosion in the factory leading to Goofy getting fired from his job.

THE OPPOSITE READING IS TRUE! THE OPPOSITE READING IS TRUE!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Selklubber posted:

An example of a hentai illustration; the image has been modified to remove censorship that was present in the original artwork.
lomarf

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fake and replica foods are used in many ways, such as props for backgrounds in movies, television shows, theatrical plays, television commercials, print ads, and trade shows.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Klingon is sometimes referred to as Klingonese (most notably in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Trouble with Tribbles", where it was actually pronounced by a Klingon character as "Klingonee" /ˈklɪŋɡɒni/), but among the Klingon-speaking community, this is often understood[citation needed] to refer to another Klingon language called Klingonaase that was introduced in John M. Ford's 1984 Star Trek novel The Final Reflection, and appears in other Star Trek novels by Ford.[2]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Many Huttese alphabets are featured through the franchise (most notably Boonta alphabet and Nal Huttese), but the one considered "canonical" by fans is the one found on promotional Pizza Hut pizza boxes.[24][25]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Many Huttese alphabets are featured through the franchise (most notably Boonta alphabet and Nal Huttese), but the one considered "canonical" by fans is the one found on promotional Pizza Hut pizza boxes.[24][25]

imo this is proof that goons existed before this website

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The typical racing woks are the ordinary round-bottomed Chinese pans, usually directly imported from China. The only modifications are that the bottom is reinforced with an epoxy filling and the edges of the wok are coated with polyurethane foam to avoid injuries. Four-person woksleds consist of two pairs of woks, each of them is held together by a rounded frame. The two pairs are connected by a coupling. Due to the rather risky nature of the sport the participants wear heavy protective gear, usually similar to ice hockey equipment. To further reduce friction and the risk of injuries, the athletes wear ladles under their feet.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The term dog has been used as a synonym for sausage since the 1800s, possibly from accusations that sausage makers used dog meat in their sausages.[19] In the early 20th century, consumption of dog meat in Germany was common.[20][21] The suspicion that sausages contained dog meat was "occasionally justified".[22]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
His three older brothers are Paul, who died as an infant; Rodney, a Eurosceptic economist who narrowly lost the UK Independence Party leadership election in 2000; and Rupert.[8][9]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Goldblum is an omnivore, but opts to eat vegan on occasion.[40]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
In formal language theory, a context-free grammar (CFG) is a formal grammar whose production rules are of the form Aα with A a single nonterminal symbol, and α a string of terminals and/or nonterminals (α can be empty).

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Popular Culture [edit]

Dr. Michael Burry named his hedge fund company Scion Capital after the book.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-time_nuclear_waste_warning_messages

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the department of energy invented a crude, early version of loss.jpg - as a warning to future generations

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Popular Culture [edit]

Dr. Michael Burry named his hedge fund company Scion Capital after the book.

i thought he just really liked his xb

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

burry's twitter account is all MAGA stuff now :discourse:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

In 2014, musician Emperor X wrote such a song called "Don't Change Color, Kitty", designed to be "so catchy and annoying that it might be handed down from generation to generation over a span of 10,000 years".[12][13]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.