Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

GoGoGadget posted:

Which multiplayer is better for idiots that can't play video games good? Cold War or Modern Warfare? I'm going to be playing on PS5 if that makes a difference.

So far I've been playing Warzone and liking that. I tried Cold War multiplayer while it was free and it was good but often frustrating in ways Warzone isn't for me. I've never played MW's multiplayer.

Definitely Cold War. It seems a lot more geared to filthy casuals like myself and I’m able to reel off the occasional satisfying kill streak whereas mw I get killed way more often without even knowing wtf happened. It also has the zombies mode which is a legit fun solo/coop mode unlike the mw coop which was pretty half baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
As a perennial bad at shooters MW was the first COD I’ve been able to pretty regularly hold a 1.0+ KDR and even semi-regularly top the board. I definitely still have days where I’m going 0.4 and such if I step outside my weapon and play style comforts or just am not up for needing to focus that much but I love MW 2019 and couldn’t stand CW the times I’ve gotten to try it. YMMV significantly and I’m in a pretty small minority that hates Treyarch CODs AFAIK so take all that as you will.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Also the bulk of casual players tend to move with the most recent release, so MW MP is now skewed more toward heavy sweat lobbies with people grinding out what's left of Damascus skins.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Theophany posted:

Also the bulk of casual players tend to move with the most recent release, so MW MP is now skewed more toward heavy sweat lobbies with people grinding out what's left of Damascus skins.

Yeah as someone who prefers HC pretty much the only people still playing MW HC TDM/Dom are those people that sit on corners the entire match. That’s always been HC to an extent but when games are new there’s a lot of people still playing ‘normally’ in HC and that’s probably a consideration for core too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I guess making the first two rounds on the AN-94 weaker are a solid balancing option but it makes it a very disappointing implementation of a neat gun.

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif

FatChanceGoons posted:

I finally feel like the MP7 has a place in this world again.
it's always been good :killemall:
what's mint about it is the 40m kills you can get no problem, especially from elevation. 10/10

Captain Log posted:

Solo Outbreak? :stare:
it's definitely harder, but I tested some of the damage values around melee, and confirmed that starting w a knife, pack-a-punching it once, then picking up a new gun and soldiering on is a very secure way to play. obvy need to spend some crystals on Melee, but just having a 2,000+ dmg melee attack on your gun makes quick work of anything not clustered together, especially Specials

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
edit: double post

sean_bateman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 28, 2021

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadget posted:

Which multiplayer is better for idiots that can't play video games good? Cold War or Modern Warfare? I'm going to be playing on PS5 if that makes a difference.

So far I've been playing Warzone and liking that. I tried Cold War multiplayer while it was free and it was good but often frustrating in ways Warzone isn't for me. I've never played MW's multiplayer.

Cold War has insane aim assist so definitely go with that.

Or if you want someone to teach you to be good at shooteymans hit me up!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Orv posted:

I guess making the first two rounds on the AN-94 weaker are a solid balancing option but it makes it a very disappointing implementation of a neat gun.

Did they do that? I always had a soft spot for the AN94 but it always felt underwhelming next to the AMAX and Kilo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Theophany posted:

Did they do that? I always had a soft spot for the AN94 but it always felt underwhelming next to the AMAX and Kilo.

I'd have to check with xclusiveace or something but fairly sure, yeah. If I tap fire and the second bullet of the hyperburst misses, the first one stops being lethal in HC to the chest outside 7 feet or so.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Agoat posted:

Cold War has insane aim assist so definitely go with that.

Or if you want someone to teach you to be good at shooteymans hit me up!

Which version of the aim assist should I be using? Is Focusing the best?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadget posted:

Which version of the aim assist should I be using? Is Focusing the best?

I'm a PC player, but from what I understand Standard is best for veterans. Focusing seems to be good for new players that don't have a decade of muscle memory built up. I always recommend testing them all yourself if you're looking to improve long-term.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What changes are/were made to the AMAX? I cant find any information

or is that a coming change?

its really frustrating that they change guns based on WZ popularity when its not an issue in MW2019.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

The amax nerfs are coming next patch they just announced they were going to make changes in this week's patch notes. The fara and bullfrog are also getting nerfed.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

municipal shrimp posted:

The fara and bullfrog are also getting nerfed.

I dont play The Bad Game so I dont care about these.

but my amax is life.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Both the fara and bullfrog are adequate ffar/Mac 10 replacements for close range encounters. The bullfrog is nice because it has an 80 mag so you can just spray forever with it up close and not worry about being caught reloading. The fara serves as a slightly longer range ffar that does a little less damage but is more stable over range? Honestly i don't really think any of the three guns they announced were getting balanced need nerfs at all. Warzone is moving back towards a longer ttk and allows for more counterplay when a squad catches you unaware.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

I dont play The Bad Game so I dont care about these.

but my amax is life.

Warzone changes have no impact on Modern Warfare anymore.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

warsow posted:

Warzone changes have no impact on Modern Warfare anymore.

I understand what you mean but what you're saying is wrong considering Im forced to download the warzone updates to play MW

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Warzone kicked my dog

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Warzone kicked my dog

If I had a dog, it probably would kick my dog.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Warzone kicked my dog

Just do what I do and run away from the threat

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I had like 8 hours played in MW before WZ and the only reason I've played it since is unlocking weapons and reticles and operator missions.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

I understand what you mean but what you're saying is wrong considering Im forced to download the warzone updates to play MW

I get what you mean.

Downloading these warzone updates is my personal Vietnam

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Uwu daddy warzone pls don’t update me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I am grinding out the sledgehammer in zombies, I assume you can use it in MP as well when unlocked?

Got 225/250 kills with a lvl 3 pack a punch knife, scraping together the 50k essence was the biggest slog. I didn’t know how close I was to unlocking and a friend came on and wanted to play so I had to end my solo run :sigh:

Was getting 16k damage per hit with lvl3 PaP and epic tier upgrade, great for shanking statsny soldats!

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Uwu daddy warzone pls don’t update me

Nnnngh I'm too big for your little disk

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

priznat posted:

I am grinding out the sledgehammer in zombies, I assume you can use it in MP as well when unlocked?

Yes, and it's kind of terrible, but also very satisfying. In CW multiplayer the good melee weapons are the wakizashi(but it's boring) and the E-Shovel. The machete has a hilarious lunge to it that's dope as hell, and the hammer is just a slower shittier knife... but it feels real good to connect with.

All the CW melee weapons have zero integration into Warzone though, they're exact copies of the MW knife in performance.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The sledgehammer is basically the comedy option of melee weapons

WZ is a very awesome game with 0 flaws

https://streamable.com/ug10tu

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Is cold war a cascading series of 9000gb updates to a battle royale game I'll never play

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

pacerhimself posted:

Going from sledgehammer to wakizashi after unlocking it is just a huge step up it's not even funny.

That said, machete all the way, gently caress your fake rear end samurai sidearm.

And also for zombies players, consider the R1. It goes from "prob not good" to "gently caress me it's good" with one pack-a-punch. Just one to two shot a Mimic with no sweat. I would use it more to get the Ballistic Knife (300 Special Weapon at Epic/Legendary kills) but last Outbreak I found a purple M79 and yeah it's a lot of salvage to upgrade the R1 since it's not in the box right now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

widespread posted:

Going from sledgehammer to wakizashi after unlocking it is just a huge step up it's not even funny.

That said, machete all the way, gently caress your fake rear end samurai sidearm.

And also for zombies players, consider the R1. It goes from "prob not good" to "gently caress me it's good" with one pack-a-punch. Just one to two shot a Mimic with no sweat. I would use it more to get the Ballistic Knife (300 Special Weapon at Epic/Legendary kills) but last Outbreak I found a purple M79 and yeah it's a lot of salvage to upgrade the R1 since it's not in the box right now.

Wow I haven’t tried the crossbow yet, didn’t even think it would be useful for zombies with the mobs. Do you take a smg or something for regular groups and then that for elites mostly?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

WZ is a very awesome game with 0 flaws

https://streamable.com/ug10tu

It’s definitely the funniest weapon in the game

https://streamable.com/ibhj80

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Great job with the Roze Skin "nerf" guys. 10/10 job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKbu-3DQco

I am so sick of this stupid loving skin.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
It doesn't even look different in-game :v:
I'm kinda glad I stopped playing when CW came out. It was already a mess then, but had at least some sense of balance, whereas now it just seems to be an even worse clusterfuck.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Inspector Hound posted:

Is cold war a cascading series of 9000gb updates to a battle royale game I'll never play

No Warzone is still tied to Modern Warfare so it and Cold War are two separate things

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Great job with the Roze Skin "nerf" guys. 10/10 job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKbu-3DQco

I am so sick of this stupid loving skin.

Goddamn, even with going frame by frame it is near impossible to see 95% of Roze until you’re already dead.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nottherealaborn posted:

Goddamn, even with going frame by frame it is near impossible to see 95% of Roze until you’re already dead.

I dunno I can see their outline really clearly once he's up the stairs on that one but the skin is still basically impossible to see in any deep shadow so, definitely not better.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Did Roze get worse at some point? I don't remember it being such a huge problem when the skin was new.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Dr_Amazing posted:

Did Roze get worse at some point? I don't remember it being such a huge problem when the skin was new.

Not really, it's been this exploitable the entire time. It's in the similar vein of "exploit exists -> streamer dies to it and complains -> streamers adopt it across the board for tourneys/high-kill games -> everyone is running it" stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Using nvidia game filters helps a lot with spotting Rose and generally making the game look nicer and brighter but yeah its awful.