Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
The english promos are appropriately entirely cursing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

An avalanche of shits, somewhere Chuckie T is crying

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the Djinn vs. the Kaiju.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
and now Rabbit vs. Train.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kaiju steps are serious business

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Real Goodnight Express.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
GOODNIGHT EXPRESS

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Om nom nom

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
She can jump like...
She's got teeth like...

LOOK AT THE BONES

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stomped straight through her back :stonk:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

karmicknight posted:

the Djinn vs. the Kaiju.

I miss their tag team

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
d e a t h

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The djinn goes to work.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yuka is strong as well

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Does the Ice Ribbon dojo even have enough room for the Magical Magical Girl Splash

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Johnny Landmine posted:

Does the Ice Ribbon dojo even have enough room for the Magical Magical Girl Splash

Akki did a Namaste 450 on one or both of the Chris Brookes shows.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
spinny death

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I guess that answers that question

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MagiRabi too good for Kaiju Express

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

MagiRabi too good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
recycling a joke from the AEW GDT

"Fans, as Yuka walks away and you look at this 5 plus on hand, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our Choco competition, fans, do not, because we understand that Janken, who played here as Rock Paper Scissors, is going to happen soon. Ha! That's gonna put some butts in the seats, heh"

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

"The train I'm interested in today is Yamanote Line" is my favorite promo of the year so far.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I love Yuka and Mizuki as wretched imps who do whatever they feel like because nobody can stop them. No matter what, when Yuka and Shoko are in the ring together, it's a good show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yuka has even hit the Magical Girl Chicken Dude in here before.

Anyway:

That's JPWThoughts

The Lads back to into a new show. Big exciting match with kaijus and magical girls and rabbits and human trains. Shoko is so excited! Raku is really into those trains. Loads of poo poo talking here. And then the noise comes in. These two are simultaneously adorable and so LOUD.

1) Shoko Nakajima and Raku vs Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki. Explosive entrances from everyone. Yuka mugging for the camera was lovely. VOLUME! This is a loud match and lots of chaotic fun. And we get the Good Night Express! The silliest move in a silly promotion! YUKA BITEY BITEY! This is such amazing nonsense. Raku is... more fun than super skilled. But she''s very fun, and getting better. And Shoko is so, so good. Just a lightning bolt of great enthusiastic moves. Mizuki does the bridge out of a pin which always looks great. Yuka on the attack and I remember how much I enjoy Yuka vs Shoko singles matches. And finally a magical girl splash on Raku puts her away.

This was a really good little match. I love this little show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Really enjoyed the match but absolutely loved the pre-match promo, and Brookes and Akki standing there like bemused teachers trying to make sense of what they've just been told by some foulmouthed Joshi :allears:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Really enjoyed the match but absolutely loved the pre-match promo, and Brookes and Akki standing there like bemused teachers trying to make sense of what they've just been told by some foulmouthed Joshi :allears:

It's most lovely because if they wanted to I'm sure they could do something like coaching the joshi on doing promos in English, but at some point they worked out that it's much more real and much more funny if they have no idea what Yuka is going to say when she comes on and calls her opponents "bullshit"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:siren::siren::siren:Tonight's episode starts two hours earlier than normal (8 pm Eastern):

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1388665662919233537

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Reminder the show starts shortly!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Time for Murder Moka!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'd love to see Miyu and Moka team up more, I love Moka's karate spots and it would be cool too see them work up more double-team strikes. I kind of forgot Suzume had only been wrestling for less than two years, she's quite confident in the ring.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Kinda a botchy performance from Miyu, I hope it's not residual from that sick twist of fate the other night

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PublicOpinion posted:

I'd love to see Miyu and Moka team up more, I love Moka's karate spots and it would be cool too see them work up more double-team strikes. I kind of forgot Suzume had only been wrestling for less than two years, she's quite confident in the ring.
Suzume is lowkey real good, all she's missing is a real character or gimmick. I don't remember her getting many interviews either, she just shows up and works really well then vanishes into the void.

She's from the same class as Mirai and I think Mirai's made a lot more progress just as a character and presence. Mirai's a goddamn tank, she throws so sick lariats and loves to deadlift people.

On social media everyone loves taking pictures and hanging out with Suzume because she's a cute bee but I really can't tell you anything about her personality in a promotion where personalities are one of the biggest parts of the show.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The BeeStars tag title match coming up is definitely one I'm looking forward to. Mei combining very character-based antics with her high-speed offense could be a good opportunity for Suzume to show off her character as well.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Miyu Yamashita and Moka Miyamoto vs Rika Tatsumi and Suzume. Agreed with Akki about Moka's ring gear, she stood out from the first time I saw her. Brookes just talking all kinds of poo poo on Mei Suruga who isn't even there was great. And then we get the match. Miyu and Suzume are incredibly fast in the start, lots of strikes but just as many dodges. Very even match to start. I like the sadistic streak Suzume is showing here. Moka is doing a great job selling for her too. Moka does a good range of peril spots and builds up steam for Miyu to come in with a brutal fightback. Some very nice fakeouts with Miyu and Rika, and we get a preview of what we can expect from Rika vs Miyu. The ring apron dropkick was brutal Overall this is undeniably a scruffy match, but there is so much going on and so much skill being shown by everyone involved that I forgive the rough edges. In the end, Rika gets the pin but crucially not on Miyu.

--

Regarding the Suzume discussion, I would like to see her spread her wings a little further, no pun intended, but I also stand by a joke I made on Twitter a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/theangelremiel/status/1388015634374701057

"Bee" is such a great immediate characterisation for Suzume. She is little and cute but also unexpectedly vicious. As she grows in the ring I do think she needs to grow in character, and I we're starting to see that in things the BeeStar team.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1389747444775145476

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Not sure we're ready for the immense power that is Hyper Misao doing her shtick in English

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, That's J-PW time!

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
HELLO BIG CHILDREN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Love hyper misao, watching for Misao.