Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Paracaidas posted:

I know that "Boebert did something awful" isn't really news and I try not to post them unless it's something particularly egregious...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1387567399701000194

This is grotesque and I can't believe her fellow Republicans are putting up with it.

What the hell has Ted done lately worth handshaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

CommieGIR posted:

What the hell has Ted done lately worth handshaking?

Kept the skinsuit zipped up the whole time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Wood believed that "the apocalypse" was going to happen on Election Day. Rittenhouse was finally released on November 20 when Wood accepted that no, there was not going to be a civil war.

One of the conditions of Rittenhouse's bail was that he not associate with white supremacists. He was immediately caught on video with white supremacists and placed back in jail.

(Or prison. I'm not sure which, don't yell at me.)

Are you sure about that? Last I heard he skipped bail and the cops aren't even feigning interest in finding him again

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Wood is a weird dude. like its clear the dudes a conman but its also clear that he believes his con or at least now does. a smart conman wouldnt get this loving deep.

there's this weird kind of scammer who fervently believes their own propaganda to the point that they simply delude themselves into thinking their con isn't real and believe it'll come true and are just flummoxed when it doesn't pan out

See: Billy McFarland, standing on a table surrounded by angry people on an abandoned housing development, seemingly as shocked as anyone that Blink 182 wasn't playing

See also: Elizabeth Holmes, certain that if you made a box and spoke deeply enough then it would magically begin testing a drop of blood

that's what it's got to be. otherwise they'd just make off with the loot and leave a trail of dust behind them. this lin wood character appears to be one of them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
pseudo-sotu going, thred r heer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966355

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Kept the skinsuit zipped up the whole time.

wasps must be getting pretty grouchy by now

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Thats right boys. The ARP, the infrastructure bill, that was all secretly president trump making america great again and the only way to help him is to vote for democrats in 2022 and puppet president joe biden in 2024. Trump told me about a secret plan to cancel student debt expand medical access and legalize marijuana but he needs you to stop the traitor mitch mcconnell to do it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Paracaidas posted:

I know that "Boebert did something awful" isn't really news and I try not to post them unless it's something particularly egregious...

This is grotesque and I can't believe her fellow Republicans are putting up with it.

What did Ted do now?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

TulliusCicero posted:

What did Ted do now?

Nothing. It’s just that a joint session of Congress means that the worst people in the House can rub elbows with the worst people in the Senate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Feldegast42 posted:

Are you sure about that? Last I heard he skipped bail and the cops aren't even feigning interest in finding him again

He's in a "safehouse" and apparently the court is at least aware where he is.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Nothing. It’s just that a joint session of Congress means that the worst people in the House can rub elbows with the worst people in the Senate.

And the Sedition Caucus just loves rubbing it in everyone's faces that they got away with it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So tonight, while nobody was paying attention, the FL State House resurrected their extremely awful trans athlete ban by attaching it to another education bill, which was then approved by the FL State Senate and is now on its way to be signed by the governor.

https://twitter.com/JoeSaundersEQFL/status/1387570782520360964?s=20

gently caress this lovely state.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

So tonight, while nobody was paying attention, the FL State House resurrected their extremely awful trans athlete ban by attaching it to another education bill, which was then approved by the FL State Senate and is now on its way to be signed by the governor.

My desire to see Florida collapse into the sea is outweighed by the knowledge that the lovely people responsible for this would not be affected by that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is that the "Let Matt Gaetz inspect your child's genitals" bill? Because jesus loving christ, that poo poo is repugnant and utter invasion of privacy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Just in this session, the FL GOP has managed to pass a voting bill that basically copies what was in Georgia's bill, another bill that creates a new criminal violation that would make it harder to peacefully protest, and now this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Is that the "Let Matt Gaetz inspect your child's genitals" bill? Because jesus loving christ, that poo poo is repugnant and utter invasion of privacy
I don't know if that made it into the final amendment but that was in the original House version

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Sooooo is this gonna be more or less hilariously bad than the Gaetz appearance? Because while I don't think Rudy's gonna try and make Tucker appear complicit in his crimes it would be extremely funny if he did

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1387562268695547905?s=19

Edit to add blue check corroboration with no screenshot

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1387571380544315400?s=19

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

That poo poo had everyone freaking out because all it took to trigger inspection is someone calling a kid out like it was the Salem Witch Trials.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

KitConstantine posted:

Sooooo is this gonna be more or less hilariously bad than the Gaetz appearance? Because while I don't think Rudy's gonna try and make Tucker appear complicit in his crimes it would be extremely funny if he did

I was going to ask how his lawyer is allowing him to do this but then I remembered that he is his lawyer.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Well during the Trump years everyone in his administration basically went on Fox News and confessed to their crimes because who was going to go after them? The Trump justice department? Well I hope they still have the mindset that they can admit to this stuff and nothing will happen.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
"Tucker, remember that night you were cheating one your wife with an underage woman Gaetz brought along? Well I was there so I couldn't have done Ukraine"

-Rudy, probably.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Feldegast42 posted:

I was going by the sources I could find - unfortunately I am headed to bed, on my phone, and don't have them handy, which I know is a cop-out but c'est la vie. I am happy to admit that I'm wrong about this, since I can't back it up!

e: You're right, the prosecution requested a warrant for his arrest but there's some goofy-rear end logic involving not revealing his address For Reasons so the warrant can't be served? This is the dumbest loving case.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 29, 2021

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

KitConstantine posted:

:lol:

These loving clowns just have a revolving door on Tucker where they go to admit crimes and incriminate him, while Tucker Carlson has a mental breakdown that cops just can't kill black people anymore without being found guilty.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Space Gopher posted:

I am trying to comprehend exactly how hosed I'd have to be before I would choose to hand my unlocked phone and email login info over to the FBI, and I don't even have anything particularly bad in there.

To be clear, it sounds like the people in question are in Ukraine, so probably not at any real risk of going to jail or anything. Given how hosed everything is for Ukraine right now, I imagine that whatever threats or promises were made by Guiliani and Trump were very much not appreciated

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paracaidas posted:

I don't get it, what's the egregious thing here

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1387571493194936322

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I can't tell how it deviates from the status quo of terrible either but I I suppose it must be pretty noxious to be excited and honored to touch Ted Cruz.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I assumed it was the standard joke about Ted Cruz being a disgusting inhuman thing.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This would've been a way cooler outcome.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No it would not have, Jesus Christ

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

From that article:

quote:

Prosecutors want to indict Chauvin in connection to two cases: for pinning Floyd down by his neck for more than 9 ½ minutes in May 2020, and for the violent arrest of a 14-year-old boy in 2017. In the latter case, Chauvin struck the teen on the head with his flashlight, then grabbed him by the throat and hit him again, according to court documents.
Just think, if the MPD or the state of Minnesota or the loving Trump Justice department had done their loving jobs in 2017, George Floyd would be alive.

Still, get hosed Chauvin &c

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I wonder if Mitch McConnell is regretting stealing Garland’s SCOTUS seat now deep down in his cold lizard brain? I wonder what Garland’s cooking up specifically for McConnell’s scummy protege in Kentucky who left Breonna Taylor’s murders off?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

I wonder if Mitch McConnell is regretting stealing Garland’s SCOTUS seat now deep down in his cold lizard brain? I wonder what Garland’s cooking up specifically for McConnell’s scummy protege in Kentucky who left Breonna Taylor’s murders off?

The Onion posted:

WASHINGTON—Refusing to back down from the line of questioning in hopes of getting a detailed answer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell repeatedly pressed attorney general nominee Merrick Garland Tuesday about his legal philosophy when it came to the issue of seething personal vengeance. “Now, Judge Garland, how would you feel, hypothetically speaking, about the Justice Department using its power to just absolutely wreck the life of someone who may or may not have brazenly wronged you on the public stage, say, oh, I don’t know, five or so years ago?” asked the seven-term Kentucky senator, who spent much of his allotted time at the confirmation hearing inquiring whether the circuit judge prefers to seek recompense immediately or follows the “dish best served cold” school of thought. “You’ve had a long, distinguished career, both as a prosecutor and on the bench, and I guess what I’m most interested to know is how long you think you might be capable of holding a grudge. Would you say your approach to the law has been more ‘eye for an eye’ or ‘live and let live’? And, in your view, do you think it would be appropriate for the attorney general—the nation’s chief law enforcement officer—to exact retribution for a slight that, in all fairness, was not at all personal in nature?” At press time, a visibly nervous McConnell had begun asking Garland about his stance on head starts.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

No it would not have, Jesus Christ

poo poo, you're right. Also, John Wick would've been a much better movie if he had just called the cops and waited patiently for 101 minutes until they arrived to file a report. Similarly I think pursuing justice should only be done if it is extremely convenient and by the books, even in spite of blatant abuse.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Clarste posted:

I assumed it was the standard joke about Ted Cruz being a disgusting inhuman thing.
:hai:

Thought the bit was clear enough, maybe not? :shrug:

McCarthy is still on the "Biden stealing your burgers". Amazing that they haven't found a real message yet.

Eta:

Its Happening! posted:

poo poo, you're right. Also, John Wick would've been a much better movie if he had just called the cops and waited patiently for 101 minutes until they arrived to file a report. Similarly I think pursuing justice should only be done if it is extremely convenient and by the books, even in spite of blatant abuse.
Your preferred outcome would have taken literally every minute as long, just instead of Minnesota holding Chauvin accountable anf the feds piling on, it'd have been Chauvin getting off and the feds cinematically saving the day.

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 29, 2021

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hey, did Biden really raise the minimum wage for federal workers to $15 an hour today? That's loving great! I know everyone was skeptical after what happened with the Covid bill, but that is THE big traditional move for the President when he's loving serious about the Minimum Wage, right?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Not that it would be the wrong thing, but you'd see a ton of pushback in a "The Courts already said he was innocent" sense where getting him with the murder right away is the much easier option if you can get it.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Sanguinia posted:

Hey, did Biden really raise the minimum wage for federal workers to $15 an hour today? That's loving great! I know everyone was skeptical after what happened with the Covid bill, but that is THE big traditional move for the President when he's loving serious about the Minimum Wage, right?

Yes unfortunately. Karl Biden gave a huge handout to his radical rioters when he should've given a tax break to true American middle class blue collar salt o' the earth folk squeeking by on 400,001k a year with a Patriotic Washingtonian Reaganesque anti-communist job creatin' tax break.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mitch literally going "please no bully :ohdear:" to Merrick garland

Maybe don't steal both his Supreme Court seats fuckface

Edit: Lmao I need to stop posting before bed gently caress

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 29, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Mitch literally going "please no bully :ohdear:" to Merrick garland

Maybe don't steal both his Supreme Court seats fuckface
(Onion article)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Paracaidas posted:

:hai:
Your preferred outcome would have taken literally every minute as long, just instead of Minnesota holding Chauvin accountable anf the feds piling on, it'd have been Chauvin getting off and the feds cinematically saving the day.

Issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the guy who kicked John Wick's dog to death, as well as the police who showed up 101 minutes later and issued a report that John Wick was at fault for his owns dog's death and no further investigation was necessary. The movie should've focused on what a great guy Iosef Tarazov was and how he should have qualified immunity and how the allegations of dog abuse were another act of ruthless mob violence against the the people who are actually protecting society from anarchist long haired hippies like John.

John Wick spends the credit roll of the film looking for a new dog at the ASPCA while kicking an empty soda can with his hands in his pockets.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)