Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's going to be an extra large pizza. ah hello drafters. Look at my mock that i posted a few weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean even Parsons/Surtain/Horn would be a huge get (we really don't know what the real professional FO boards look like). Any of those elite tier players are way better than gambling on future/extra picks and fill an immediate need or huge upgrade. To me it's cashing out with your winnings. That Texans pick is just such a huge bonus.

Yeah, Im with you completely. Anything the has Miami moving out of the top 10 drives me nuts. We need to start actually turning picks into players, and I think you have a big drop off at 12-13 (not counting character drops like Parsons. I really want him at 18)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I won’t be satisfied until we have enough picks to draft an entire 22 man roster in a single first round one year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you subscribe to my patreon I will create you a mock in which your team trades back and lands your favorite prospect, $10 per trade back

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Magicpants posted:

why would the falcons draft pitts and trade julio? if you're trading julio, wouldn't you draft trey lance and look to rebuild. if you're drafting pitts, wouldn't you be trying to win now

The Falcons are confirmed idiots at drafting

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gatts posted:

My mock draft

Pick 1: Shot of Whistlepig 12 Yr
Pick 2: Shot of Glenmorangie 1991
Pick 3: Lagaluvin 16 yr
Pick 4: 5 Magma Wings
Pick 5: Shot of Stagg Jr
Pick 6: Small Pepperoni Pizza
Pick 7: Mexican Coke
Pick 8: Bacon Cheeseburger on Garlic Bread and bacon cheese fries
Pick 9: Defibulator
Pick 10: Ice Cream

You want someone to...remove your fibula?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

DeimosRising posted:

Gotta make room for all that somehow

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hi draft thread, what's the best way to watch the draft from my computer tomorrow while I pretend to work

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DeimosRising posted:

Lmao no I mean the thing that shocks you back to life. Obviously I don’t know how to spell it

Edit: perhaps we should come up with a draft drinking/risk game

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 29, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

hi draft thread, what's the best way to watch the draft from my computer tomorrow while I pretend to work

Oh shoot. This is a very important question. I was just going to google nfl reddit streams and hope for the best but if y'all have a better option I would be thrilled to hear it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have directv which I think I can stream on my computer, but I seem to recall last year there was like an ESPN stream (maybe on youtube?) and an NFL Network stream and.... maybe a third stream? gently caress I can't remember

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Since we are less than 24 hours from the draft, I'd like to take a moment to thank Daltos for once again bestowing his wisdom on a bunch of undeserving goons.

As always, you were the coal that powered the steam engine that is the draft thread.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

I have directv which I think I can stream on my computer, but I seem to recall last year there was like an ESPN stream (maybe on youtube?) and an NFL Network stream and.... maybe a third stream? gently caress I can't remember

I think nfl.com or their draft site will stream the NFL Network version for free. I tend to prefer that version between those two, but if you absolutely need Mel Kiper in your life I'd think your directtv sub will have an ESPN streaming option.

If you want the laid back one with, like Mina Kimes and Mike Golic and a bunch of other people just bullshitting I think that's going to be all over the place. As in Tiktok, twitter, youtube, etc etc.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

7 might be the trade up spot for QB4 or QB5...

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1387567404948107264?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Or OT1

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I think nfl.com or their draft site will stream the NFL Network version for free. I tend to prefer that version between those two, but if you absolutely need Mel Kiper in your life I'd think your directtv sub will have an ESPN streaming option.

If you want the laid back one with, like Mina Kimes and Mike Golic and a bunch of other people just bullshitting I think that's going to be all over the place. As in Tiktok, twitter, youtube, etc etc.

I don't need Mel Kiper, the Mina Kimes one sounds good

Does anyone have a preferred draft tracker site?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Leperflesh posted:

I don't need Mel Kiper, the Mina Kimes one sounds good

Does anyone have a preferred draft tracker site?

Just watch the Daltos draft stream

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think this is more likely than a Panthers trade back. Writers seem to be enamoured with the Panthers trading back with the Pats but I just don't see it.

I think the Panthers draft plan is QB, OT or back to the early teens - in that order. I don't see any way they have Fields in their sites and don't pull the trigger. There's also been reports coming out that some in the front office are enamoured with him.

Detroit trading back to get teams in front of Carolina and rolling with Goff for a couple years. That makes a lot more sense to me.

I don't see recouping a 2nd for the Darnold trade as reason enough to give up drafting Fields.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you daltos for being the coal in the steam engine of this thread hopefully you'll have the strength to do it again next year

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Daniel Jeremiah has correctly mocked the first three picks three years in a row.

He has the 49ers going with Big Mac.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1387576594248704000?s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MrLogan posted:

Since we are less than 24 hours from the draft, I'd like to take a moment to thank Daltos for once again bestowing his wisdom on a bunch of undeserving goons.

As always, you were the coal that powered the steam engine that is the draft thread.

We’ve covered this before Logan - in that analogy he’s the ticket taker/whistle. First voting for trump, now this. I’m not sure what to even do with you anymore.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Woozie66 posted:

Daniel Jeremiah has correctly mocked the first three picks three years in a row.

He has the 49ers going with Big Mac.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1387576594248704000?s=19

Jeremiah went to an esteemed university so I believe that the 9ers are taking McCorkle now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My two draft predictions:

1. The Colts draft Asante Samuel Jr.
2. The Bucs trade out of the first round.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SunshineSucks/status/1387341032715657216?s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Thank you daltos for being the coal in the steam engine of this thread hopefully you'll have the strength to do it again next year

Coal is fuel, fuel is life

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

wandler20 posted:

My two draft predictions:

1. The Colts draft Asante Samuel Jr.
2. The Bucs trade out of the first round.

Colts staying put at 21 and taking a corner is pretty close to my worst-case scenario. Pick needs to be edge, OT, or someone like Devonta Smith falling absurdly far.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is why I'm glad you aren't making the Colts pick. A run on QBs followed by a run on Corners would be just fine thank you.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Oh god it's almost here.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I thought he played for the Bears?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShakeZula posted:

Colts staying put at 21 and taking a corner is pretty close to my worst-case scenario. Pick needs to be edge, OT, or someone like Devonta Smith falling absurdly far.

I definitely don't think they'd take him at 21.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1387761822657302538

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Saints too, apparently.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm super confident Jaycee will be the best of the top 3 corners. It wouldn't surprise me if Samuel, Stokes or Newsome outperformed Surtain.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

Several of the podcasts I follow for My Team will be live during the draft, so I'm planning to just watch/listen to their youtube stream.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Sessler may be on to something with all the trades on draft day.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Why's Troy Aikman wearing #17 and what's that guy behind him doing?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I have decided that no matter who the Panthers draft I will be happy with them. as long as they don't draft that McCaffrey guy, I know he's going to be a bust.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1387787478103478272

I am here for maximum chaos

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Saints want in on that sweet QB action.

FizFashizzle posted:

Saints too, apparently.
https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1387795137992945664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I would like to follow the Gatts plan but it's gonna be a Stromboli and margaritas and extra tequila and maybe I'll have some chips later.