Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
whoa uncalled for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm getting word that AEW was good last night and the ratings will be good

Even if that gently caress Joe Biden tried to upstage em

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There was also basketball and baseball in competition with them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/TMFIWrestling/status/1387772152481554441?s=20

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Germansimp posted:

It was absolutely at its best during the later parts when it became The BNB and Cody Show, because Cody and Barrett just had awesome chemistry in their stuff.

Turns out Cody is really good, who could have guessed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oye58rZkKMo

The stupid gag at the start of this one makes me grin every time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lets get Takeshita over here as soon as possible along with the DDT champ so kenny can take the belt from him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Lets get Takeshita over here as soon as possible along with the DDT champ so kenny can take the belt from him.

I do want to see Kenny Omega face off against Uncle Jun.

but I don't think Kenny Omega can defeat Jun Akiyama.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Also so Eddie can get his dream match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

Also so Eddie can get his dream match.

Oh god Eddie Kingston vs. Uncle Jun would be the best.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s hard to overstate how perfect OC’s music is now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

It’s hard to overstate how perfect OC’s music is now

It's such a great fit for Kris Stat too

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tbe best part of the announcement of the Nagata match is A) its a Nagata match and B) much like NWA, Impact, etc, it means NJPW has finally realized where the power lies.

All companies exist to serve AEW imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

absolutely yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Please no

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

Tony should have gone for the bundle deal and bought the rights for “Motorway to Roswell” for Stat and “Tony’s Theme” for himself

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Tbe best part of the announcement of the Nagata match is A) its a Nagata match and B) much like NWA, Impact, etc, it means NJPW has finally realized where the power lies.

It's AEW's big table, but everyone gets to eat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

We're at war here people. When you're at war, the weak serve the strong. You think your precious little company is going to get a better deal from Vince???

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I Before E posted:

It's AEW's big table, but everyone gets to eat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

LMAO I had forgotten about this shirt. It rules.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That's a real shirt?!?!?! Hahahahahahaha

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

What is the most belts Kenny ends up holding during this storyline? My guess is 5 - the 3 he currently holds, the FTW title and one additional (maybe Mox's IWGP US title or another Indy one.) I'm still interested in this story, but it seems like you are bogging down multiple divisions (across multiple companies!) by concentrating everything onto one person. I think it'll be 2 more and then the fall begins.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

fawning deference posted:

That's a real shirt?!?!?! Hahahahahahaha

Yeah, I think it was pre-AEW. Maybe during the build up to the first All In?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bann posted:

What is the most belts Kenny ends up holding during this storyline? My guess is 5 - the 3 he currently holds, the FTW title and one additional (maybe Mox's IWGP US title or another Indy one.) I'm still interested in this story, but it seems like you are bogging down multiple divisions (across multiple companies!) by concentrating everything onto one person. I think it'll be 2 more and then the fall begins.

Look, he needs to beat Último Dragón at least.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bann posted:

(edit) hahaha beaten

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kenny somehow gets his hands on the 24/7 title by accident.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think we can all agree it’s been too drat long since archer put a jobber through a ceiling or in a bin

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

jesus WEP posted:

I think we can all agree it’s been too drat long since archer put a jobber through a ceiling or in a bin

he's going after page and sky, what more do you want

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

It rules imo that the go home segment to a huge gimmick dynamite was All Ego Ethan Page beating up the champ and a legend to no reaction. The Era of Ego is now on national TV. It's not confidence.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gotta put Ethan Page at the end of the show to prevent losing half your viewers for the rest of the show when he turns up

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Procrastinator posted:

I want him to tell sky to REACH FOR THE SKY before throwing him several metres upward

and then drop him on Ethan Page

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sky and Page aren't terrible per se, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather any other act /angle be on my screen than theirs basically always

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

projecthalaxy posted:

It rules imo that the go home segment to a huge gimmick dynamite was All Ego Ethan Page beating up the champ and a legend to no reaction. The Era of Ego is now on national TV. It's not confidence.

but it was a taped show....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

smarxist posted:

Sky and Page aren't terrible per se, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather any other act /angle be on my screen than theirs basically always

you were accidentally talking about adam page in this post. be careful

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

Gotta put Ethan Page at the end of the show to prevent losing half your viewers for the rest of the show when he turns up

It's not viewership numbers. It's All Ego.

But yes it will be very funny when Archer (and Darby I assume) brutalizes them.

Procrastinator posted:

these are details. All shows are taped or we couldn't see them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is this cut from a Talking Heads music video or something? Is it just me or does his body look like twice the size it should be in that suit compared to the size of his head?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

smarxist posted:

they've had a promo or two that made them grow on me a little, but it definitely feels like both of them are still warming up to their characters. sky's already selling being a dick much better than that hilarious first turn where he stared at his hands in disbelief at what he'd just done

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Procrastinator posted:

Which means even TK can't care enough about Ethan Page to plug in reaction noise

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My view on Scorpio and All Ego Ethan Page is that Scorp is actually good and it's extremely funny to me to repeatedly say It's not confidence, it's all ego and related catchphrases so they should continue getting a push or get buried or whatever is happening.

Remember the basketball audio thing? That doesn't happen without the all ego mentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

They gotta get Stokely Hathaway out of NXT somehow and let him talk for Page/Sky.