Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

rantmo posted:

drat Big Dustin got really, really hit last night.

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1387864771152826375?s=20

I stand with Mr Freakbeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This thread stays up worried about AEW more than Tony

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

I liked the show but I thought it was a lot heavier on talking and out of ring action than the usual Dynamite, and probably not everyone will feel that.

Is this actually true? There was an episode a few weeks back that felt like it had 3 or 4 talking segments back to back and the pacing was wildly off. That episode felt like a huge drag.

How many non-wrestling segments did they do last night? Whatever they did, it flowed a lot better and there wasn't a part of the show where I was groaning that we were getting another talking segment like we had a few weeks ago.

I know a lot of people were saying this was one of the best episodes ever and I wouldn't go that far, but it was another one of those episodes where I never thought about what time it was or how much time was left because everything was just firing really well. Not a best-of-all-time episode, but really solid IMO.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They call Biden "Demo Joe" for a reason.

Well, they don't actually call him that at all but if they did this would be why.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
When they finally let Nick Comoroto talk, he better sound exactly like Pampero Firpo.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

From Nick comoroto with the paint to trying to throw the cowbell out of the ring to Dustins shiner, he’s gotta work on his throwing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW is finished

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

This thread stays up worried about AEW more than Tony

Nobody seems particularly worried to me.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m horrified, aghast

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Nobody seems particularly worried to me.

Yeah, it's only Thursday so I jumped the gun with that part of the cycle. It's been a long day, felt like a Friday when it's really only Wednesday.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW is finished

I think it’s back on Monday night

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

One of my big takeaways from last night is Kip Sabian is surprisingly good at both pretending to be maimed and pretending to be sad. Good for Kip.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonshirt posted:

When they finally let Nick Comoroto talk, he better sound exactly like Pampero Firpo.

Does Pampero Firpo sound like a nerd accountant?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was going to make a joke that Kip and Miro are still going to be friends cause would you want to tell a psycho like Miro that you don't want to be friends any more but then I realised that's just an abusive relationship and then I got sad

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

How come Michael Nakazawa is MT Nakazawa now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

blunt posted:

He's doing an executive assistant gimmick and riffing on QT.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

blunt posted:

i guess the joke is that nakazawa is kenny's gofer like qt is cody's so, mt nakazawa.

but then qt has his own storyline and character going right now and

yeah idno poorly timed meta joke i guess lol

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I thought it was pretty weak for sure. The Jericho promo was fine and Miro beating Kip for 2 minutes was good but other than that, nothing really struck me as great.
I haaaate the QT Marshall/ Cody stuff, I don't know what it is but it just does nothing for me.

Also... no belts in the limo! AGH!!

I see no mention of OC vs. Penta in your post, so I must conclude you missed that match. Go watch that match, it was very good!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The ratings make me sad because the entire world deserved to see OC vs Penta

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I was going to make a joke that Kip and Miro are still going to be friends cause would you want to tell a psycho like Miro that you don't want to be friends any more but then I realised that's just an abusive relationship and then I got sad

It would be an interesting way to trend Kip facewards if you wanted to. Miro keeps booking them in tag matches and letting the other team destroy Kip, only coming in to break up pins. Then after about 10 minutes he drags Kip back to their corner, tags himself in, and cleans house, before winning and leaving Kip lying in the ring.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

inthesto posted:

The ratings make me sad because the entire world deserved to see OC vs Penta

thats a match that people should be crowded outside of old-fashioned television storefronts with like 7 crt screens playing it simultaneously

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

blunt posted:

he can transition into NFT Nakazawa so easily

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

I see no mention of OC vs. Penta in your post, so I must conclude you missed that match. Go watch that match, it was very good!

It was fine!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

aew...your fired

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't believe Joe Biden killed AEW. Did he mistake it for an Iraqi child?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

c'mon man

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

So does Blood and Guts wrap up the whole Pinnacle vs Inner Circle storyline? I feel like it would be weird to have a match where everyone gets to fight everyone else, but that isn't the culmination of the feud. Unless someone turns, are they going to have one off matches for weeks afterwards?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'd imagine we have at least one or two matches at DoN as a result of B&G.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Stealth Tiger posted:

So does Blood and Guts wrap up the whole Pinnacle vs Inner Circle storyline? I feel like it would be weird to have a match where everyone gets to fight everyone else, but that isn't the culmination of the feud. Unless someone turns, are they going to have one off matches for weeks afterwards?

Who knows? An exploding barb wire death match didn't finish the Omega/Moxley feud, so it's really a coin-toss.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

It rules imo that the go home segment to a huge gimmick dynamite was All Ego Ethan Page beating up the champ and a legend to no reaction. The Era of Ego is now on national TV. It's not confidence.

now i love 10 but im not sure hes a legend yet

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They’ve already done MJF-Jericho and Wardlow-Hager. I can’t imagine there’d be much need for a Sammy-Spears match post-Blood and Guts. I could see them doing a FTR-Proud and Powerful follow up, especially if the Pinnacle wins and they wanna build up PnP for a push - basically “you might have won that match, but you couldn’t take us head-to-head” - but they could just as easily not do that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Joe, thanks for gracing the thread with your presence

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stealth Tiger posted:

I think it's too soon to find opponents for them and it doesn't make sense for them to miss the PPV so I am currently expecting Jericho vs. MJF at DoN.

Personally, I would avoid FTR vs. PnP until it's for the belts, but that might be a while. Bucks might be holding those things for a while.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

Personally, I would avoid FTR vs. PnP until it's for the belts, but that might be a while. Bucks might be holding those things for a while.
Trios feud of SFTR vs SPNP gets around that issue while building toward a 2023 feud when the Bucks finally drop the belts.

B+G is probably a pivot point where a bunch of stories get set up though, so yeah, I'm not betting much on any individual part moving forward.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
They could do Guevara vs. MJF at Double or Nothing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trevor Lawrence is #AllElite.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Over/under 3.5 episodes until Trevor Lawrence shows up on Dynamite

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
LOL, Omega's not even doing the Impact special, they're doing a 6 way for a #1 contender.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The feud seems too new and there are too many matchups that still need to happen (MJF vs Jericho, FTR vs PNP etc) but Blood and Guts really feels like the type of match that should be the blowoff of the feud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I wonder who will be the one to surrender? I could see it being Jericho and that leading to the Inner Circle falling apart.