Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Agrias120 posted:

Something about the face and the knees don't hit it for me with the April figure. I know I'm just being too picky at this point, but oh well. :sigh:

On the plus side, I'm super excited over the Sewer Samurai and Krang Super7 figures.

I just want the 90's movie Casey Jones. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

10 Beers posted:

I just want the 90's movie Casey Jones. :(

Hey you’re in luck, first look at unmasked Casey so expect it to pop up as another preorder on NECA’s site

https://toynewsi.com/20-38922

radlum
May 13, 2013
A local store is taking preorders for GI Joe Classified figures; it's gonna take until October for them to arrive, but I guess I'm glad that that toyline is finally arriving to my country through official ways instead of just resellers.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

If anyone is interested, Mezco has the Black Skull Death Brigade, up for pre-order until the end of the day-ish. It's the first time they've done an open pre-order for any of their in house stuff.

Also, with the Super7 TMNT pre-order and Mythic Legions dropping later this week it's all become too much...haha.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Lucky find this morning at Walmart of all places.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Nice! I really like these two, if the line keeps doing more I hope it's closer to these than the earlier stuff.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Yeah Lady Jane is pretty much perfect. Im still waiting for Zartan and the Cobra Infantry to have my collection completed with all the currently available ones. But for some reason they never appeared in my area...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m waiting for the CI figures but I’m still hoping to find them. I doubt it tho.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

If anyone is interested, Mezco has the Black Skull Death Brigade, up for pre-order until the end of the day-ish. It's the first time they've done an open pre-order for any of their in house stuff.

Also, with the Super7 TMNT pre-order and Mythic Legions dropping later this week it's all become too much...haha.

With the Mythic Legions coming this weekend, I actually waited for BBTS to pre-order Super7 TMNT because they don't charge till they are in. I know they are slow AF and I will inevitably be cursing myself about the fact that I'm still waiting far beyond what other people are waiting, but it's nice to have that money not have to come out all at once.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dale-Taco posted:

Yeah Lady Jane is pretty much perfect. Im still waiting for Zartan and the Cobra Infantry to have my collection completed with all the currently available ones. But for some reason they never appeared in my area...

BBTS just notified me that my Zartan and Cobra guy pre-orders just arrived.

Now if NECA would get off their asses and put out The New Blood Jason Voorhees ...

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

With the Mythic Legions coming this weekend, I actually waited for BBTS to pre-order Super7 TMNT because they don't charge till they are in. I know they are slow AF and I will inevitably be cursing myself about the fact that I'm still waiting far beyond what other people are waiting, but it's nice to have that money not have to come out all at once.

I did the exact same thing, haha.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Same here. Plus you save a ton on shipping.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

A couple more observations about the MOTU Rise of Evil two-pack:

The included Skeletor head with gemstone eyes is easily the best Skeletor head in the Origins line to date, and I immediately put it on my Skeletor. It's a good old-school Skeletor face, with a darker hood (closer to the vintage color), and the red gems in the eye sockets create a great, spooky glint; it's honestly a pretty effective "glowing eyes" effect accomplished in a simple way, which I can respect.

The included staff/sword for Keldor with transparent gradient effects are neat, but they were really warped in the package. I tried a gentle application of heat to try to straighten them out, which was only moderately effective, and to my dismay this seemed to actually shrink the plastic by maybe 5%, which is horrible and now I am filled with regrets. They're just smaller enough he has a little trouble holding onto them, which is awkward for posing, and the difference in length is really visible if you hold them next to the regular weapons that come with regular Skeletor. I've really never seen this happen before, I heat and reshape toys all the time, but the translucent green plastic they used apparently has absolutely no tolerance for heat. It's like they made it out of Skrinky-Dink material. Don't even leave that poo poo sitting in a sunny room! If it's crooked, let it be crooked!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's two types of plastic bonded together. People have been breaking it trying to straighten it out. I just let it be wonky.

I was able to secure a second pack for one of my beat friends who's been on covid quarantine and couldn't go hunting for toys. He's stoked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I went to a Walmart and had an employee open up a case of Joes but was sad the Cobra Infantry wasn’t in it. I guess I didn’t realize he was in a different wave.

I have flint and Jayne on pre order so I passed. Kinda sucked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

And you don't need to buy 5 other Hot Toys for the wings!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1387721315277287427?s=20

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Love it but holy gently caress I'm fully expecting a $500 pricetag on him.

I'm kinda sad they don't have a John Walker and his flea market banged up shield though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This documentary is going to be extremely in my zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YqAqOXEdKs

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This documentary is going to be extremely in my zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YqAqOXEdKs

These types of toys totally passed me by, but I find the older I get the more I am appreciating the aesthetic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Love it but holy gently caress I'm fully expecting a $500 pricetag on him.

I'm kinda sad they don't have a John Walker and his flea market banged up shield though.

Wasp is $250 and his wings aren't really more complicated than hers except for the one hinge. I'd expect $300 at most.

Hot Toys doesn't announce in bunches except at events, so they still might have John Walker coming.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 29, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am positive they will do John Walker, they have to.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They're doing a new Revoltech Rei Ayanami

But what's really important is the accessories.

That's right, real rice planting action.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So I have to assemble my new detolfs down the hall from where they'll end up. How easy is it to move them after building, or should I build to a certain point before moving to their spot?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kingtheninja posted:

So I have to assemble my new detolfs down the hall from where they'll end up. How easy is it to move them after building, or should I build to a certain point before moving to their spot?

Go buy a cheap hand truck, they're perfect for moving them, and a hand truck is always useful to have around in general.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the Kaiju fans who have a 3d printer :

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/mecha-king-kong

Saw that today, figured (:haw:) that this would be a good place for letting people know about it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

For the Kaiju fans who have a 3d printer :

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/mecha-king-kong

Saw that today, figured (:haw:) that this would be a good place for letting people know about it.

A coworker just got one - I should ask him how much it would cost to make, haha.

I buckled a tiny bit on those Super7 TMNT lines and got myself a Metalhead as he was my favorite toy as a kid cause he was shiny and had the glowy eyes, haha.

I wish I could justify getting more cause all those figures rock but thats a fuckton of money. $70 CAD or so per figure.

Maybe I should start selling some Hot Toys... I have a bunch of troopers in boxes I never took out from the First Order...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It looks like it can be done with one spool, so under $25 in actual material costs.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Aphrodite posted:

Wasp is $250 and his wings aren't really more complicated than hers except for the one hinge. I'd expect $300 at most.

Hot Toys doesn't announce in bunches except at events, so they still might have John Walker coming.

$375 before tax and shipping https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-captain-america-hot-toys-908266

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy gently caress - $125 premium on the wings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that's not worth it. I see now in the photos there's a couple more points of articulation, and the 'feathers' are all separate instead of just one sheet of plastic but not a chance.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For comparison it was $405 for Darth Maul and the Sith Speeder. That's an entire loving vehicle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cheaper than I thought it'd be. Hell, Vision is a reissue and he's $250 with squat as accessories. Hot Toys loves that marvel tax.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Sith Speeder is barely a vehicle.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

It's barely a chair

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It's a very large saddle.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I was just gonna get Wanda and Zemo, but then I realized I could just sell off my IW Falcon and get the new Captain America one...and then I realized that if I'm already getting 3 figures, I might as well get the rest.

I ended up preordering Wanda, Zemo, Sam and US Agent (I'm still torn about Bucky, but the pieces that come with Vision and Loki I'll have to find on ebay, since I don't want to get those figures).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nabbed two more Classics, lowballed the seller again and they accepted. I'm on a winning streak!

And my Origins Grayskull has shipped!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally took some pics of my cobras. I’ll do the Joes when Flint and Jayne show up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Please take more photos and share them, that looks fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Next wave of Warhammer figures leaked

I wish they'd given the new Sister a different weapon from the previous Sister. Although it's neat that the unpainted Flayed One has different skin arrangement from the painted one

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 30, 2021