Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

iron rangers are for people who grew up working class looking at their parents red wing (real)work boots, then got a white collar job but don't want to completely abandon their past

so yeah it was basically a done deal as soon as i got a decent paycheck

i remember feeling kinda weird with the 1000mile and getting them because reviews were better re: durability and thinking maybe red wing quality slipped for the not-real-workboots. turned out that was not the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
john varvatos is mostly the same imported crap you'd find in macy's, but instead you find it in nordstrom, and it's several times the price but not really any better

iron rangers are union made in america

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

john varvatos is mostly the same imported crap you'd find in macy's, but instead you find it in nordstrom, and it's several times the price but not really any better

yeah, but it was nordstrom rack. i remember being stoked because it was the first pair of "fancy" shoes id ever had. they were cause i was teaching a big lecture for the first time and wanted to look nice. they were i wanna say $120, maybe $150

i absolutely could not afford iron rangers at the time. i went to nordstrom rack to buy dress shoes and came away with those

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Nordstrom Rack is all cheap poo poo. Usually decent cheap poo poo.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my good boots are a pair of luccheses i have had since ~2000

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

dude i want a pair of lucchese cowboy boots so bad. those look sick.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

breakin in these chucks this summer

might swap out the laces for something longer and waxed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

do you see what you’ve done, everyone? now kwinkles is posting cowboy boots.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

brown chelsea boots are the most versatile footwear i own, they look great with jeans or slacks or a suit

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You went to Disneyland, lol. That's your problem.
Boots just can't hold up against the vicious scalpel of corporate wokeness.

tk posted:

Nordstrom Rack is all cheap poo poo. Usually decent cheap poo poo.
I think nordstrom rack is like Marshalls in that it's 90% junk that is made specifically for it and 10% good quality overstock stuff so it can be a good deal but mainly only if you're willing to waste an inordinate amount of time.

mystes fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 30, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mystes posted:

only if you're willing to waste an inordinate amount of time.

yospos

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
modern docs are garbo, i got a pair on markdown not that long ago and the uppers are paper thin

i have a pair of ariats i like

pair of standard yellow leather generic work boots for actually doing poo poo in

pair of oxblood blundstones i wear for everyday walking around. extremely comfortable which is hard to find since my feet are square. i guess they were trending for a bit? that was weird, i bought them when we were in newfoundland for a wedding and i’m not used to owning trendy stuff

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

idk, i had a pair of newer docs and got like eight years of regular use out of them before one of the soles split.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

drat. i miss those boots.

mystes
May 31, 2006

mediaphage posted:

modern docs are garbo, i got a pair on markdown
This was confusing for a second

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I figured it would be the case but the cspam covid thread is a bunch of mentally ill people transferring their arzy poo poo from the election to covid, incredibly dire

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

c second shot s: oh Christ, oh Christ almighty this sucks

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

On the plus side I’m in that chills stage where every sensation of touch is super magnified. The mere act of rubbing a hand on fabric is deeply satisfying

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mystes posted:

mediaphage posted:

modern docs are garbo, i got a pair on markdown

did this same triple-take before i read on and got context

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

did this same triple-take before i read on and got context

wearable syntax my friends, it's the future

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Keep up, olds

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ansible Adams posted:

dude i want a pair of lucchese cowboy boots so bad. those look sick.

The boots are nice too

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

edibles, wearables. the future is here

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

On the plus side I’m in that chills stage where every sensation of touch is super magnified. The mere act of rubbing a hand on fabric is deeply satisfying

This was the worst of it for me. I flipped between superficial chills and fever for like five hours and then I slept it mostly away. Good luck, goon.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Fortaleza posted:

My second shot is tomorrow and it seems like everyone, everywhere I go is getting their second shot and getting taken the gently caress out. lmao, not looking forward to it at this rate.

My parents, my brother, and my sister in-law had zero reaction to either shot though. The injection site was slightly sore for part of a day for shot #1 for me and that was it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

owned. i wore a fake arm when i got mine. they had no idea.

dilandau
Apr 30, 2021

President Beep posted:

owned. i wore a fake arm when i got mine. they had no idea.

amateur. i was wearing transplanted lungs when i contracted the virus.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

President Beep posted:

do you see what you’ve done, everyone? now kwinkles is posting cowboy boots.
:getin:

Apr 7, 2003

Computer Cowboys

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

remember the ayylmao

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

remember the ayylmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

President Beep posted:

remember the ayylmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

remember the ayylmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MK2wWZ2vRQ

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

new achievement unlocked: proselytizing in the age of covid

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

new achievement unlocked: proselytizing in the age of covid

There's a mormon missionary house a block down from mine so every time they rotate a new set of "elders" in I have to listen to the same spiel, good times.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's a mormon missionary house a block down from mine so every time they rotate a new set of "elders" in I have to listen to the same spiel, good times.

a friend in college did the two year missionary thing and has some wild stories of dealing with mentally unwell people, etc; he got stuck in utah

they also got served, on multiple occasions, a lime jelly tuna fish casserole that is finished with a layer of mayonnaise and shredded carrots

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My old mormon coworker had to go give out dvds in alabama for his mission and a huge number of people would ask him if he was allowed to use electricity. It seemed pretty funny

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

My old mormon coworker had to go give out dvds in alabama for his mission and a huge number of people would ask him if he was allowed to use electricity. It seemed pretty funny

To be fair, half of Alabama doesn't have electricity.