Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

That seems like a huge oversight. They're pushing the co-op of this pretty hard, but they don't make the store stock seperate for players? It's not like we can trade items or whatever.

That was my first thought too, but clearly they don't want everyone to have 500 pets immediately. It's still kinda lovely, but since stock looks to be 2 pets and then a pile of landscaping and isn't available to friends until the next day it'll just mean, in practice, everyone buys their pets and then grabs two landscaping pieces Saturday/Sunday.

I was still really hoping to load up on pets immediately, ngl. Disappointed but it kinda made sense after I thought about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Super lame they made that a BP requirement. It's a bit harder to get the 10k weekly for newer players right now I think.

think they also changed the weekly boss reward to be worse too

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in asia so I'm a bit ahead of you guys. the new event is pretty fun. A nice arena thats difficult even with a well specced ganyu and zhongli. the difficulty options are back too! Overall, 1.5 has been really good and meaty, I really like the housing and it's finally a new permanent system of stuff to do! I do wish that it just counted all the stuff in your inventory so you didnt need to place it, my house looks like poo poo, but w/e. Zhongli and yanfei quest were both fun. if 1.6 really does have new map content (islands, right?) then it looks like mihoyo is finally pulling out of their slump.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pine trees of the world beware. I'm coming for you.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

think they also changed the weekly boss reward to be worse too

It's 2/3rds of the previous one. It was 675 per each weekly boss, now it's 1350 for any three out of the four, I believe.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Wait, can not you just buy 1 piece of fabric from a friends teapot to complete the quest? You need to buy from the special vendor? And also how do I join a random person’s teapot or does it actually have to be someone on my friends list?

Finished the two new hangouts and it’s a bit weird, didn’t like them compared to the first one.

Diona is just… not a likable person. I’ll just say that.

Noelle’s seems really out of character for her. To be honest I don’t remember the details of the first events anymore but I thought I remembered her being like, ultra strong and capable to everyone’s surprise. Her new events have her meek and unsure and it’s a bit of a regression.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 30, 2021

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Wait, can not you just buy 1 piece of fabric from a friends teapot to complete the quest? You need to buy from the special vendor? And also how do I join a random person’s teapot or does it actually have to be someone on my friends list?

Yeah you can't interact with the regular vendor in a friend's home, just the special one. On console I just hit R3 on my friends and choose "Request to visit Teapot" or whatever.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Your friends also need to either be online and accept your request to join OR they need to make their teapot auto accept join requests. On PS4 I think I found the setting for that in the map view of the teapot world, it took a while to find it.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Are there any in-game rewards for doing house stuff (e.g. ores or xp or primos or etc) to be gained from the house stuff? As it turns out, I don't really care about my pocket dimension but I'll do the thing if it has a positive impact on the rest of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can buy artifact exp items and primo gems per trust level.

Next patch lets you put characters in the teapot and they get special dialogue over time.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Corla Plankun posted:

Are there any in-game rewards for doing house stuff (e.g. ores or xp or primos or etc) to be gained from the house stuff? As it turns out, I don't really care about my pocket dimension but I'll do the thing if it has a positive impact on the rest of the game.

Primos for ranking up.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Corla Plankun posted:

You get currency over time depending on your progress which lets you buy exp books and the like but it's quite a ways into the whole process. I'm not sweating it too much either, just going through it for now since you can adjust everything later to your liking if you get into it. Just popping in like once a day is enough.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
It definitely feels like a "you can spend hours upon hours making your perfect home" or "pop in once a day for a few minutes, get rewards."

I appreciate that a lot, actually.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wowee this new boss is going to take some practice

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why do they keep wanting us to fight Geovishaps as if they aren't the most obnoxiously designed fights in the game?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

holy poo poo this new event loving blows rear end

I love breaking crystals immediately and getting two shot by archers on my level 90 characters. Especially in places where there are three or so of them spread shotting. Holy poo poo who loving thought this was ok

edit: and of course the domain bosses are more vishaps gently caress off these are so boring to fight

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 30, 2021

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Canopus250 posted:

holy poo poo this new event loving blows rear end

I love breaking crystals immediately and getting two shot by archers on my level 90 characters. Especially in places where there are three or so of them spread shotting. Holy poo poo who loving thought this was ok

edit: and of course the bosses are more vishaps gently caress off these are so boring to fight

I dunno, I thought it was cool actually having a challenge for once outside of abyss. it's nice to get a chance to actually use characters to their potential.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

The main reason I’m rushing teapot progress is because the shop sells resin and refreshes.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
When does the traveling salesman show up? I checked this morning but didn’t see them.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

When does the traveling salesman show up? I checked this morning but didn’t see them.

open map, fucker is on some fuckoff part that isnt even buildable.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Mirello posted:

I dunno, I thought it was cool actually having a challenge for once outside of abyss. it's nice to get a chance to actually use characters to their potential.

I'm complaining about collecting the cores on the overmap. Any of the spots that spawned with more than one archer could just randomly delete a character if you got caught on the edge of a spread shot and got staggered into the next one's volley. Nothing about that is interesting or fun to me as a mechanic.

The domain is just boring crap as vishaps are just the most boring bigger enemies to fight.

I guess I'm the weird person who liked the first event in the ruins and the meteor event where you could just coop fight waves of enemies and be done quickly.

Edit: Twice I had Jean and Childe just get full to zero'd in less time than it took to eat food by the hilichurl archers. This was at max world level with 90 characters. Maybe I suck for getting hit once and then staggered by elemental arrows!

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 30, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

To those wondering why you're hitting a seemingly unexplained object cap, it has to do with the "Load" icon you can see during build mode. The values are hidden, but when the dot turns red is when you've hit the cap. Animals are particularly load-heavy, and many trees use up a lot of load for the feng shui points they provide.

Reddit explainer, including a link to spreadsheet for minmaxing needs:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/n1lk1v/serenitea_pot_load_costs_adeptal_energy_and_you/

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Canopus250 posted:

I'm complaining about collecting the cores on the overmap. Any of the spots that spawned with more than one archer could just randomly delete a character if you got caught on the edge of a spread shot and got staggered into the next one's volley. Nothing about that is interesting or fun to me as a mechanic.

The domain is just boring crap as vishaps are just the most boring bigger enemies to fight.

I guess I'm the weird person who liked the first event in the ruins and the meteor event where you could just coop fight waves of enemies and be done quickly.

Edit: Twice I had Jean and Childe just get full to zero'd in less time than it took to eat food by the hilichurl archers. This was at max world level with 90 characters. Maybe I suck for getting hit once and then staggered by elemental arrows!

The trick is to not even get close and delete them from afar with Ganyu. Pop shield before starting to make sure.

(Guess you could also use other archers, it will just be slower.)

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

I got em all in the end and don't have Ganyu sadly. It just feels terrible to have a significant event pop and immediately have no fun with both parts of it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

One of my commissions today wraps up the story of the sick Mondstadt girl :unsmith:

Edit: oh apparently it's been in the game a whiiile

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 30, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I've had decent success scouting out the cores first to see where the weird power stones are and then just getting those I can safely while using Beidous parry counter if I get pressured during it. Had some decent and enjoyable fights, but I do agree that the archers surrounding some of these things are a bit obnoxious. It's a one time thing, so I don't mind it too much.
I do actually like the big geovishaps quite a bit, but the small ones are obnoxious as all hell since they bury and zoom around all the time.

I'm not quite sure how this stuff relates to some volatile fruit exploding, but I must admit I only really skimmed the text.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The new event isn't terribly challenging, but the domain definitely feels like a chore.

At least I have Big Klee.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

kater posted:

Give qiqi now give qiqi now qiqi come home curse of the qiqi I summon the ice ice baby

update:

I actually got Keqing from the last not-ZL/Yan level 70 fate and that was super gratifying.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

To those wondering why you're hitting a seemingly unexplained object cap, it has to do with the "Load" icon you can see during build mode. The values are hidden, but when the dot turns red is when you've hit the cap. Animals are particularly load-heavy, and many trees use up a lot of load for the feng shui points they provide.

Reddit explainer, including a link to spreadsheet for minmaxing needs:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/n1lk1v/serenitea_pot_load_costs_adeptal_energy_and_you/

The way the load thing is implemented is super dumb for many obvious reasons, but the standout reason is that getting a decent comfort level will prevent you from being able to have a sick menagerie.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The way the load thing is implemented is super dumb for many obvious reasons, but the standout reason is that getting a decent comfort level will prevent you from being able to have a sick menagerie.

I'm assuming once you start unlocking other areas, you'll be able to maintain an adequate comfort level without having to work around the load limit.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Huh, I didn't even know that the 'churls did extra damage with the crystals active, I just thought they took barely any damage. I didn't have any problems with them and in the third one with three crystals in the huts I initially missed the other two altogether until I only had one mitachurl left and noticed it still had the aura on it. I took some hits but it wasn't too bad. Guess my crew's more badass than I thought.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I got my first C7

it's Diona

it's not the event freebie

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

I got my first C7

it's Diona

it's not the event freebie

Oof. At least it's bonus starglitter. I got Barbara C7 pulling for Zhongli which was my first but at the rate I've been getting her, definitely not my last.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Any word on the next glitter shop characters from the Chinese servers yet?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm relieved that the teapot stuff is dramatically easier on PC than it was mobile. I found the "snap to grid" someone mentioned and had an easier time.

Currently my area is kind of weird because I'm equipping things regardless of whether they go together, so I have this Mondstadt building and a fancy Liyue gate that isn't connected to any walls.

I'll be curious to see the places people build. They really give you a huge number of tools to work with.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I got 5.2k today all buffed up with Klee/Xingqiu/Fischl/Bennett but I still feel like a shitter because I see people getting 6k and 7k lmao

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I hit pity on the event banner. I now have C2 Diluc. :shepface:

I really hate that this game is a gacha.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

A powerful Diluc at least.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just pulled a C1 for Zhongli, not sure how I feel about it. Does it add a lot to have his other rocky block up. I don't have other Geo construct-capable characters in my current crew.

The building stuff is so weird on console. The devs seem to hate the d-pad for navigating menus and the analog stick sucks when it comes to that. Why put menu navigation on the stick and camera movement in build mode to the d-pad? On that note, why the hell is R2 for zooming out and L2 for zooming in? It's the literal opposite of every other game ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
His C1 is a QoL for the new artifact set that's basically made for him.