Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That's gonna be absolute chaos & also wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:tviv:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Veib posted:

ChocoPro 110 is going to unleash the full might of the Pencil Army for the first time, this is incredible

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1387007234110984193

That is way too many people for that space, I love it

a cyborg mug posted:

That's gonna be absolute chaos & also wonderful

Deathlove posted:

Mei and Chie alone is a lot. This is going to be bonkers.

DeathChicken posted:

So another hole is definitely getting punched in the wall/ceiling in that match

Insertnamehere31 posted:

60 minute time limit :eyepop:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Veib posted:

ChocoPro 110 is going to unleash the full might of the Pencil Army for the first time, this is incredible

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1387007234110984193

That is way too many people for that space, I love it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:aaaaa::psyboom:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is continuing the tradition of ChocoPro doing AEW's stip matches but better, right?

It's basically Blood and Guts.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A video message!

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1386971426687578113?s=21

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg this is going to be the loudest episode ever

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

omg this is going to be the loudest episode ever

Bring back the old mic just for this show. I want the audio for the episode to look like this ████████

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CHOCOPRO #109: SEASON 7 AND GOLDEN WEEK BEGINS, THE 4TH GEN EXPLODES THE AEW PARTNERSHIP
WATCH LIVE ON YOUTUBE HERE
Time: 10am (JST) / 2am (BST) / 6pm (PDT) / 9pm (EDT)
STARTS IN THE SECOND HOUR OF DYNAMITE

Super Fan Dogglesnake Match Card from Reddit HERE

quote:

The 11th Anniversary of Sayaka Obihiro!

“Sprint” Sayaka Obihiro vs Super Asia Champion: Minoru Fujita!

Sayaka Obihiro is a treasure to this world. Pillar of Gatoh Move, tremendous worker, certified chef, a warm mentor, all of which with a sense of humor that is unmatched (except, maybe, by Anton!)...I'm glad we've had Obi for another year! Obi has **high charisma, great gear (**did you know its called costume in Japan?), a chop that sounds like a car door slamming, and a flurry based pinning technique that I have yet to see anywhere else! Every single time the Blue Flame has appeared on ChocoPro it has been a blast, she really brings it! In celebration of her 11th anniversary, she will be taking on the Super Asia Champion, Minoru Fujita.

Known for his accolades in singles, tag, and deathmatches (as well as his angelic singing voice), a singles match with Fujita is the reward for Obi's hard work. Having beaten the Ace of ChocoPro, Baliyan Akki, for the Super Asia Championship, Fujita firmly established himself in the top of the Square as far as threats go. This bird loving belt collector is a terror with endless endurance! Will Obi be able to take down the Champ, perhaps earning a shot at the Blue Belt? (it would match her, after all!)

Military Exercise! Can Pencil Army overcome the odds?

Pencil Army (Emi Sakura & Lulupencil) vs Chie Koishikawa, Sayuri, & Sayaka!?

Pi, pi! Pi-pi-pi! Pencil Army marches forth once more! While they still have yet to score a win as a Unit, this band of monsters (led by one pure-hearted hero) still manages to be one of the most popular groups in Ichigaya. Emi Pencil (also known as Queen loving joshi legend and Master of the promotion Emi Sakura) has returned to action and though her Pencil form tends to be a bit slower than her regular form, that doesn't mean we won't see some scary bursts of speed and power! Two things that her counterpart and leader, Lulupencil, lacks. Lulu might not be able to match basically anyone athletically, but she makes up for it with clever tactics and a burning passion for wrestling that is unquenchable (even by the tantrums of Chris Brookes, her moody subordinate!). The General of the Pencil Army will not be stopped! Expect Emi to do the heavy lifting here, though, despite her bad back! Pencil Lariats, incoming...

They will be taking on three of the rising stars of Gatoh Move, Chie Koishikawa, Sayuri, and Sayaka! Chie is the cheery Frantic Fencer, who became the MVP of Season 6 due to her wall breaking spirit! Sayuri is the Kunoichi of ChocoPro, a ninja with jutsus and trickery that even blindsides the best (try to keep an eye on her, or she might just vanish)! “Monster Slayer” Sayaka is the freshest Rookie of the Fourth Generation, but this model & gamer will dazzle you with more than just her stunning dropkicks! Can the Pencil Army resist such a combination? Isn't this a bit unfair!?

ASIA DREAM TAG CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Best Bros (Champions) Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki vs Black Comaneci (Challengers) Tokiko “Otoki” Kirihara & Antonio Honda

The Best Bros are still your Asia Dream Tag Champions! Having overcome their greatest threat in the vicious baddies known as Melt Brain Dancing (PSYCHO & CHANGO), they now face the second danger that gained traction in Season 6...Black Comaneci! Mei Suruga has been busier than usual, eating snacks, cleaning, and showing a technical prowess seems unnatural given her limited experience. She is even able to train others already! With a love of special pins and unique submissions, Mei is a goblin in battle. Watch out for her ruthless style! Her partner, the perfectionist and Ace of the promotion Baliyan Akki, is a legend in the making. With a breezy demeanor that belies his vast skill, the Zephyr of Ichigaya will have you on your back before you know it. The speeds he can reach in an instant are shocking! Will we see the Best Bros fly through the air together once again, or be pulled back down to earth by the looming shadow that has finally arrived?

Antonio Honda is the Master of Black. A cruel prankster & Storyteller that bends the rules of reality (and the match!) with ease, Anton's jokes take on a more violent nature when he puts on the getup he is known for in this Team! Weapon usage, using the environment to elevate his pins, eye pokes, nothing is off the table! While he might be dismissed for his comedic antics...Anton is a phenomenal wrestler, in great shape, and is able to go at a pace that few can match when he needs to. But how can he be so rotten in this team? Are we seeing Anton's true self, or does this team simply bring out the worst in both?

Tokiko “Otoki” Kirihara is the Master of Comaneci. The Super Rookie of the Fourth Generation is already known for her brutality and ability to match up with those above her in status, but adding in a delight for cheating and assisting in Anton's mischief makes her even more dangerous! Otoki's arsenal of Comaneci style submissions keeps getting deeper, and her throws and kicks are even able to shake the Ace (as we have seen in the past!). These two have managed to prove themselves worthy of a title shot by stealing wins and flattering the booker, but will they be able to steal the biggest prize for a tag team in ChocoPro? Will this be the end of Belt Days?
Hot linkable images courtesy of Last Words on Sports with a more sober match card available HERE

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The best bros match is on and as usual it's real good!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't believe we're getting the Asia Dream Tag Champions against the King of FREEDOMS Tag Champions.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

From May 1 to May 5, ChocoPro is having shows every day.

Pencil Army vs the World it would seem
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1387735665719222277?s=20

Night 2: Rina Yamashita appearance
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1388081117409030144?s=20

Night 3: Act Wrestling Invasion!
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1388081416274075654?s=20

Night 4: Yoneyama is a big challenge for Sayuri
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1388081653361356805?s=20

Night 5: WASSHOI WASSHOI, Waka and Saki and Obi challenge Best Bros
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1388081844281921536?s=20

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m digging all these crossovers and freelancers coming in lately, it definitely helps keep things fresh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Can't believe we're getting the Asia Dream Tag Champions against the King of FREEDOMS Tag Champions.

Well that's a match I have to watch

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Brookes is a loving monster

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I mean he wasn’t wrong though, Brookes did everything in his power to help pencil army win and Lulu tapped clean.

Fantastic heeling and storytelling

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

This feels like it's leading to a Lulu vs Brookes submission match, which...that would be a thing

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

DeathChicken posted:

This feels like it's leading to a Lulu vs Brookes submission match, which...that would be a thing

It's the Season 7 metaplot. :allears:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Watching the match and

Minoru Fujita is a menace :stare:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Goddamn what a match, everything I hoped for and then some

Chris Brookes is fantastic and such a perfect fit for all this, and also history's greatest monster

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Brookes murdering Chie is legitimately uncomfortable to watch, jesus

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy loving poo poo

That uh

That was genuinely one of the best matches I’ve ever seen, anywhere

loving incredible

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Again, Brookes is a monster

https://twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1388522049367285765?s=21

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Interest check:

For the Golden Week mini-season that's happening over the next 5 days, should I:

1. Just post the match cards in this thread

2. Post a game day thread for each show

3. Only post a game day thread if someone asks for it/there's a big match vibe for a show?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Maybe set up one thread for all the shows, or just use the one from yesterday for live posts for the remaining Golden week shows

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Maybe set up one thread for all the shows, or just use the one from yesterday for live posts for the remaining Golden week shows

Good idea! I'll post a ChocoPro Golden Week thread.

It's up! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966620

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 1, 2021

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Veib posted:

how am I supposed to enjoy watching any kind of wrestling that doesn’t have a pair of windows leading to a small alley outside after this? Why does everyone insist on using rings when a small dentist’s office is so obviously the superior choice? Turns out Emi Sakura is a loving genius

I haven’t watched a weekly show of any kind in over 15 years and only got back to watching things a couple times a year 5 years ago, but ChocoPro might be the best wrestling I’ve ever seen. It’s dumb as hell in all the best possible ways and genuinely hilarious, I love everything about it, absolutely everyone there is just the best. I’m like two weeks in and already incredibly invested in the buildup to episode 100, the only problem is that I can't watch the shows live since they start at 3 AM for me

This.

The transition from "what the hell is this mess" to "this is surreal enough to be potentially great" to "Lulu is a precious angel to be protected at all costs, and this show is what has been missing from my life" was rather rapid.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

delfin posted:

This.

The transition from "what the hell is this mess" to "this is surreal enough to be potentially great" to "Lulu is a precious angel to be protected at all costs, and this show is what has been missing from my life" was rather rapid.
Welcome!

You'll enjoy next week because a

PENCIL SINGLE MATCH SHOW ANNOUNCED
DREW PARKER MAKES HIS DEBUT IN CHOCOPRO
YUNAMON RETURNS
PENCIL ARMY AGAINST THE BROOKES BUNCH

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This is a bit of a weird question but something I’ve been curious about for a while.

Is Akki his given name and he uses the Japanese name ordering of surname-given name, or is it is his surname and he uses the western name ordering? Or is Baliyan like a descriptor?

I don’t know much about Indian naming conventions and cursory google searches just told me that both baliyan and akki can be used as both surname and given name.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

When a chocotalk comes up again, you should ask. It's an interesting question.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
New Emi interview dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO4Ftjk4WY0

see Ichigaya in HD!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Insertnamehere31 posted:

This is a bit of a weird question but something I’ve been curious about for a while.

Is Akki his given name and he uses the Japanese name ordering of surname-given name, or is it is his surname and he uses the western name ordering? Or is Baliyan like a descriptor?

I don’t know much about Indian naming conventions and cursory google searches just told me that both baliyan and akki can be used as both surname and given name.

AFAIK it's the surname-given name case - in the early days of watch parties someone asked a similar question.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Updated card due to drew Parker injury

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1392012877725192192?s=21

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Also Emi pencil vs Brookes

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I'm cracking up at Lulupencil's MEAN face.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

:( that was going to be a banger of a match, but at least we get a best bros. tag match out of it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Very saucy

https://twitter.com/emisakura_gtmv/status/1392016707653226497?s=21

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

It is very good that Chris Brookes is taking a strictly no meme wrestlers stance, but I hope Emi pushes her pencil right through his dumb face.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That's a long road, no meme wrestlers would rule out every person in Gatoh Move except for like, Hagane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

gently caress YOU CHRIS BROOKES

(in chocopro kayfabe)