Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

Do you all use a weekly moves cap in your leagues? Our cap is 7 transactions per week and this guy is Real Mad because he already hit it and can't fill a full lineup with all his injuries.

Both my leagues have weekly limits. One is six and the other is 10. The 10 is an adjustment we made before last season started because of Covid. Usually it’s six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Do you all use a weekly moves cap in your leagues? Our cap is 7 transactions per week and this guy is Real Mad because he already hit it and can't fill a full lineup with all his injuries.

Yeah, you need to have a transaction cap. That dude should just learn to read.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

coronaball posted:

That's a lot of moves to begin with imo. I'm in two leagues, one where the limit is 4, and one where there's no weekly limit but a season limit of 70. I often use all four, but sometimes when my players are in a groove and not getting hurt I don't need to really use them. I like the 4 move limit because I usually press against it but if I'm strategic and prudent end up having a move free on the last day to play with.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

coronaball posted:

We do. My basketball league doesn't and I have ruined the league for refusing to put one in.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Thanks for the input. We are now voting on whether to increase the cap. I voted no because mid-season rule changes are bad news. Dude should just stream a little less.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Thanks for the input. We are now voting on whether to increase the cap. I voted no because mid-season rule changes are bad news. Dude should just stream a little less.

7 is plenty, the point is that you either get to stream every day or make other pickups, it's part of the game.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I have a limit of 6 in one league and no maximum in the other. But the latter is a 20-team league and, believe me, the players available on the wire are bottom of the barrel most of the time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I traded my Trevor Bauer for his Anthony Rendon and Will Smith. It's a Sv+Hld's league.

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Buddy in my 24 team head to head each category league is proposing he trade me Carlos Rodon, Ryu, and Bryce Harper for Acuna. Part of me thinks it's crazy to give up Acuna but the other part of me is tempted. Talk me out of it?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

lol no

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Thank you that's all I needed to hear

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I am bad at evaluating trades in baseball

Give: Giolito, Xander Bogaerts

Receive: Degrom, Gleyber Torres

Already have Bichette for an SS.

Gogogo?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Gogogo?

YES

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

coronaball posted:

Gogogo?

Mash yes and laugh laugh laugh

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If somebody is offering you deGrom and they're not asking for half your roster in return you should almost assuredly be mashing Accept.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I think Buster Posey is healthy and feeling better.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

If somebody is offering you deGrom and they're not asking for half your roster in return you should almost assuredly be mashing Accept.

The deal fell apart overnight, as apparently he figured out he was being dumb. 😪

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

General Bullshit posted:

I think Buster Posey is healthy and feeling better.

He's having himself a fine season so far!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

coronaball posted:

if anything it should be lowered! More than 7 = why bother even having a limit? 4 is good because you have to choose your moments and decide if it's worth it instead of just spam adding anyone who catches your fancy.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Fast Luck posted:

if anything it should be lowered! More than 7 = why bother even having a limit? 4 is good because you have to choose your moments and decide if it's worth it instead of just spam adding anyone who catches your fancy.

:hmmyes:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kenta Maeda :negative:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

As an owner of vlad and buxton, HELL YA

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Okay, Brandon Lowe can get going anytime now.

Batting a paltry loving .160.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CocoaNuts posted:

Of course I have him on several of my teams

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can I drop Eugenio Suarez in an 8-team league without feeling dumb? Was thinking of replacing him with Nick Solak, Ryan McMahon, Alec Bohm, or even Joey Wendle. Suarez is just murdering me in average and seems to have lost the power he had a couple years ago. Just feels like a guy on a downswing in his career.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Can I drop Eugenio Suarez in an 8-team league without feeling dumb? Was thinking of replacing him with Nick Solak, Ryan McMahon, Alec Bohm, or even Joey Wendle. Suarez is just murdering me in average and seems to have lost the power he had a couple years ago. Just feels like a guy on a downswing in his career.

He was dogshit garbage the first "half" of last season before going back to the dude who murders the baseball, though while hitting .230

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Niwrad posted:

Generally in an 8-team I would probably say yes, but those wire replacements don't scream reliable either. Do you have anybody riding the bench who you could drop for one of them and just stash Suarez for a bit?

CocoaNuts posted:

loving took him in the 6th in my money league because I panicked and I have done nothing but regret it every second since then.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Saw Bryce Harper got taken out of the game. Thank God it was just him getting hit in the face with a 97 MPH fastball.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I just noticed that Odubel Herrera has 2B eligibility on Yahoo, a position he only played in the minors and not since 2014. Not sure how they screwed that up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Schweinhund posted:

I just noticed that Odubel Herrera has 2B eligibility on Yahoo, a position he only played in the minors and not since 2014. Not sure how they screwed that up.

They cut Ohtani in half two years ago and never put him back together.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Schweinhund posted:

Saw Bryce Harper got taken out of the game. Thank God it was just him getting hit in the face with a 97 MPH fastball.

Sorry to disappoint, Schweinhund, but Bryce is gonna bounce back no problem.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1387609589844111362

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Someone dropped Laureano in a Yahoo prize league. He's tied for the league lead in steals. I'm gonna try to get him since I can drop Kirilloff who hasn't done dick yet. But how nuts should I go in FAAB bucks? The 8 bags looks fluky; he only stole 15 in 2019+2020. Is he legit?

I didn't play Yahoo leagues last year so it was surprising that FAAB is the default now. Think I liked the old way better. Guessing how much to bid for players stresses me out, lol.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
He broke his leg in late 2019 so barely ran in 2020.

8 steals this fast is a little fluky, but he's got wheels. He could reasonably go 20/30.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lazer Ramon fuckin rules and you should get him (he should do a lot of dingers and steals even if he still ks too much).

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Someone dropped Laureano in a Yahoo prize league. He's tied for the league lead in steals. I'm gonna try to get him since I can drop Kirilloff who hasn't done dick yet. But how nuts should I go in FAAB bucks? The 8 bags looks fluky; he only stole 15 in 2019+2020. Is he legit?

I didn't play Yahoo leagues last year so it was surprising that FAAB is the default now. Think I liked the old way better. Guessing how much to bid for players stresses me out, lol.

This year I've been terrible at guessing how much dudes are worth in FAAB so I would say add a couple to whatever your gut first instinct says.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is there way to check cumulative team season statistics compared to the rest of the league, ROTO style, in a H2H league on Yahoo?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

fawning deference posted:

Is there way to check cumulative team season statistics compared to the rest of the league, ROTO style, in a H2H league on Yahoo?

under "League" go to "Team Stats" and click on "totals".

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It only updates on Monday though unfortunately.

You can also see projections for the rest of the year in a roundabout way. Offer a blank trade to someone and click "evaluate trade" and it will show everyone's projections.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Adolis Garcia is my only bench bat but Clint Frazier was cut. I feel like that's worth the swap, what does anyone think? Two utility spot league so between those and the 3 OF spots I usually get 3 or 4 starts a week out of that extra hitter.

E: Senzel is there too

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Welcome back, Teoscar :getin: