Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Interestingly, it’s actually a fairly low day in terms of the number of new backers. The new add-on rewards just seem to be really popular with existing backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

fsif posted:

Currently the fourth highest raised in a day and there's still a livestream tonight. Don't really get how or why but I'll take it.

Could also be J. Elvis returning. The fact that they have already advertised Bill and Mary Jo coming on for a livestream makes me think they'll at least be involved in the writing, which I'd think would bump some interest from the MSTies.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Joel answered a question about which Tom Servo and Crow voices they'd use if he suited up for an episode with a vague "who knows" and something about maybe some familiar voices. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being J. Elvis and Bill.

As much as I'd love for Kevin and Trace to come back for an episode or two, neither of them have seemed very interested in participating directly in the revival.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

WhiteHowler posted:

Joel answered a question about which Tom Servo and Crow voices they'd use if he suited up for an episode with a vague "who knows" and something about maybe some familiar voices. It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being J. Elvis and Bill.

As much as I'd love for Kevin and Trace to come back for an episode or two, neither of them have seemed very interested in participating directly in the revival.

Speaking of unlikely, I'd dearly love a Mike appearance. Like it probably couldn't be like Joel showing up during Soultaker or whatever because but I think a Hexfield appearance would be neat.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

WhiteHowler posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Kevin pitched in, he did do a couple of guest spots as Bobo in the first Netflix season. Trace has been pretty vehement, so if he did a guest spot, I'd be very, very pleasantly surprised.

Dawgstar posted:

Speaking of unlikely, I'd dearly love a Mike appearance. Like it probably couldn't be like Joel showing up during Soultaker or whatever because but I think a Hexfield appearance would be neat.

I'd laugh really hard if Mike did a guest spot, but played Eddie Nelson instead of Mike.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

TL posted:

I'd laugh really hard if Mike did a guest spot, but played Eddie Nelson instead of Mike.

Or Jack Perkins.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Powered Descent posted:

Or Jack Perkins.

Or Morrissey, for that matter. Mike getting older and doughier would be a plus!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TL posted:

Or Morrissey, for that matter. Mike getting older and doughier would be a plus!

Max: "Hey, look, I found this giant Tupperware container in the basement!"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

Max: "Hey, look, I found this giant Tupperware container in the basement!"

Have I mentioned that I cried?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

TL posted:

Is it wrong not always to be glad?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Looks like they hit $3.75M so 3-D is on!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TL posted:

Splint Chesthair posted:

Is it wrong not always to be glad?

Mike as Morrissey is a top tier sketch.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Mike as Morrissey is a top tier sketch.

This is a song that I wrote in a time in my life when I was very, very, very sad. Breakfast, actually. It's called "Hairdresser in a Coma"

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

TL posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Kevin pitched in, he did do a couple of guest spots as Bobo in the first Netflix season. Trace has been pretty vehement, so if he did a guest spot, I'd be very, very pleasantly surprised.
I totally forgot Bobo showed up for a minute. So... Maybe?

J. Elvis and Bill doing the bots is anachronistically weird (pretty sure Bill wasn't even on the writing staff until long after J. Elvis left), but the shorts they did together recently seemed very natural.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

WhiteHowler posted:

J. Elvis and Bill doing the bots is anachronistically weird (pretty sure Bill wasn't even on the writing staff until long after J. Elvis left), but the shorts they did together recently seemed very natural.

Bill's podcast had a really fun episode with Josh as a guest, and they have really good chemistry together. They both have this fairly jaded outlook on life while still being able to laugh at how absurd it can be. If they're the 'Bots for Joel's episode(s), I think they'll do very well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

if they get to 3.8 they're sending 3D glasses to pledges over $75.

Less than $20k from getting this goal with over 2 full days to try

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Felicia is scaring me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Felicia said something about Joel burying the lede right as I turned it on. Was there a real announcement, or was it part of a joke?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Mary Jo couldn't get on the Zoom call and it started working the second she gave her computer the double bird.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Felicia said something about Joel burying the lede right as I turned it on. Was there a real announcement, or was it part of a joke?

Pearl is going to be in Season 13.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cool

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also like Josh Mary Jo will be writing for the new season.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This Matt guy is extremely even-keeled and precise in his diction. He has a strong Dale Cooper vibe.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was Quest of the Delta Knights originally a really early sci-fi channel original movie? I remember it from around the time of like The Advanced Guard and The Cold Equations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
That end of Kickstarter boost is very real, but I do worry about them hitting that $5.5 million 12 episode goal. I think that came pretty close to the wire on the last one though, so here's hoping they make it!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Nemo2342 posted:

Felicia is scaring me.

I dunno, during the Q&A I thought she was really hot dog

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I think that came pretty close to the wire on the last one though, so here's hoping they make it!

Not really. It was on the last day but they hit 5.5 million before their finale telethon began and had to throw together another last minute stretch goal for a fourteenth episode. They didn’t hit that goal until right before it ended.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

David Warner looks a lot like Hulk Hogan in this movie.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

WhiteHowler posted:

I never watched this but Josh and Bill played Servo and Crow for a couple shorts for charity a few months ago: https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/The_Second_Annual_Puppet_Camp_and_Startling_Conclusion_of_the_MIGIZI_Fundraiser!

I wonder if that might have been a kind of trial run...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I hope Patrick is doing well wherever he is.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The end of the stream going full Midwest was like a warm blanket. So homey.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

$3.8M achieved!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Guys, they answered my question during the livestream. I can die happy.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

remusclaw posted:

The end of the stream going full Midwest was like a warm blanket. So homey.

was it a 45 minute goodbye

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Somehow found myself buying the digital collection upgrade despite owning a bunch of those episodes already

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here's my interview with Joel!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey nice job!

He's really hyping this Manos movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nice one.

It's cool to see Joel would in fact really love to do Infra-Man. I wonder who would even hold the rights for it. I think it's still up on Amazon Prime for free (or was) so maybe it wouldn't be that hard, but who knows about expensive.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mst3k could feast on shaw brothers forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol that he sort of casually drops that watching Infra-Man is more or less the inspiration for MST3K, and at everything about the conceptualization of Kinga. Every time Joel answers a question, you just want to be like "Can you... can you expand on that?" He just drops statements like "I photoshopped Lucille Ball's head onto the Dragon Queen" and "Felicia Day is this generations Lucille Ball." It's no wonder he created MST3K, he's just the sort of guy you'd want to sit and watch a movie with just so you can see what bizarre thoughts would pop out of his mouth.