Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there was a dude in the PS4 thread who would buy PS+ on a per-month basis, every single month, instead of just buying the year sub.
mentallers

what the gently caress

there's some company selling 3 years of ps+ for like $80. people are weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

teagone posted:

I didn't even know you could skip fights, lol. I've fought in every encounter. I don't mind the speed, though I did set the battle slider to fastest in the config settings unsure of how faster is exactly makes the encounters hah.

I also have a copy for Switch that I haven't started. I've enjoyed the midgard section a lot, so I'll for sure start another go doing alternative stuff on there once I finish on my One S.

You can attempt to escape a fight. I want to say you hold the top shoulder buttons (L1R1) and that triggers a run animation for the party and you hold that until all three party members ATB gauge fills and you escape.

Double check what the actual button combo is to do that, but yeah you can usually escape a fight if you're higher level.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Lammasu posted:

Didn't you learn anything from the arcade PSA screens? Winners don't use drugs.

Delivers brutal right hook to a black man in front of a cheering crowd of white tourists in downtown Manhattan, shattering his jaw and knocking him unconscious

E: As old as I am, I realize that people may not have a clue what the gently caress I'm referencing so here this

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 30, 2021

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MJBuddy posted:

Delivers brutal right hook to a black man in front of a cheering crowd of white tourists in downtown Manhattan, shattering his jaw and knocking him unconscious

E: As old as I am, I realize that people may not have a clue what the gently caress I'm referencing so here this

Dude! That was the intro for Scrub Lords.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
I think Halo Infinite is going to be absolutely loving massive and will be this generation's Destiny. Not because it is like Destiny, mind you. I cannot loving wait.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I do hope it is good, it has everything lined up to make it a big event when it comes out as long as it doesn't get delayed again.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Can't wait for the big post-covid Halo party.

Hmm, the KOTOR games for xbox classic are both half off. Having never played them, I'm tempted to pick up the first one. People always seem to talk highly of the series and I know there's a remake coming.

Will the game feel outdated?

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 30, 2021

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

John F Bennett posted:

Can't wait for the big post-covid Halo party.

Hmm, the KOTOR games for xbox classic are both half off. Having never played them, I'm tempted to pick up the first one. People always seem to talk highly of the series and I know there's a remake coming.

Will the game feel outdated?

I'm sure it will. There's a rumor that theres a remaster coming from a studio down in Texas that handled a few previous Lucasarts remasters so I'm waiting for that.

I love KotOR though and played through it at least 10 times. I'd love a remake, but I doubt it'd ever happen.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

joylessdivision posted:

You can attempt to escape a fight. I want to say you hold the top shoulder buttons (L1R1) and that triggers a run animation for the party and you hold that until all three party members ATB gauge fills and you escape.

Double check what the actual button combo is to do that, but yeah you can usually escape a fight if you're higher level.

Dope, I'll try that next encounter. Also, I don't know what happened yesterday, but somehow my playtime shot up to ~10 hours. Really did lose track of time playing lmao.

[edit] also, I've got some summon materia now, and they're cool and all but they use so much MP. Is their MP to damage ratio worth it to have every party member stock a summon materia?

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 30, 2021

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
50 + more fps boosts coming soon

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seltzer posted:

50 + more fps boosts coming soon

Any hint on what titles might be coming?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Saw that. Wonder if it's 50 more or just 50 total. Either way, gonna be good. I'm replaying Dishonored now simply because of the FPS boost and it's been a great experience.

Would also be nice if we got some more news on new additions to BC. I know there's a ton of stuff in licensing limbo but there's gotta be like 500 more OG Xbox games they could put out there if they cared enough.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Saw that. Wonder if it's 50 more or just 50 total. Either way, gonna be good. I'm replaying Dishonored now simply because of the FPS boost and it's been a great experience.

Would also be nice if we got some more news on new additions to BC. I know there's a ton of stuff in licensing limbo but there's gotta be like 500 more OG Xbox games they could put out there if they cared enough.

The people demand Blinx 2.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

Honestly the only things I can think of that I'd want at this point are probably never going to happen for licensing or redundancy reasons. Ninja Gaiden, any of the 360 rock bands. Maybe Skate 2 isn't completely out of the question, probably depends on what sales looked like for Skate when it got back compat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

90 FPS batman

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

American McGay posted:

I want a Series X because I'm playing through Prey right now because I want more fraaaaaaames.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Twat McTwatterson posted:

I think Halo Infinite....will be this generation's Destiny.

I hope not, Destiny is pure poo poo outside of gunplay.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

90 FPS batman

Hahaha

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think Halo Infinite is going to be absolutely loving massive and will be this generation's Destiny. Not because it is like Destiny, mind you. I cannot loving wait.

Lol why would you think this after the reveal last year?

There has been nothing to indicate that it won't be garbage besides some screenshots of nice art design.

It's still 343 and their track record is garbage.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I actually hope Destiny 1 is on the FPS boost list just to see what some of that old stuff looks like in 60 fps (or higher)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
why the crap is judgment series only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

heehee posted:

why the crap is judgment series only.

Because they only ported the next gen version

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does ps4 get a free upgrade to ps5 version of judgment?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Does ps4 get a free upgrade to ps5 version of judgment?

Nope. It's still full price even if you own the PS4 version.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol Sega

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I like the ps5 but it does like 1/100th of the job that the Xbox does when it comes to BC titles.

Microsoft really does put them to shame with it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Laserface posted:

It's still 343 and their track record is garbage.

343 has stated that they'll be returning to the roots of Halo gameplay as part of their redemption ark, so let's see what happens. I'm staying positive.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There's a difference between staying positive and whatever this is

Which is kinda baseless. There's no gameplay shown or anything. The next big shooter has to be more hot than BR is now and I don't see halo doing that.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
halo infinite will come out in november, get a bunch of 7's and 8's, everyone will play multiplayer for 2 weeks then go back to warzone, apex legends, siege, csgo, overwatch, valorant, etc. and 343 employees become support staff for the initiative, the coalition, arkane, rare, id software, machinegames and bethesda games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hopefully they will all be let go so that Microsoft can funnel even more money into the rumored Quake reboot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Hopefully they will all be let go so that Microsoft can funnel even more money into the rumored Quake reboot

:pray:

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

BoosterDuck posted:

halo infinite will come out in november, get a bunch of 7's and 8's, everyone will play multiplayer for 2 weeks then go back to warzone, apex legends, siege, csgo, overwatch, valorant, etc. and 343 employees become support staff for the initiative, the coalition, arkane, rare, id software, machinegames and bethesda games

I think the surprising success of The Master Chief Collection on PC has led to an environment where the new Halo could be a huge hit if it's, you know, good. The multiplayer being free to play is going to at least ensure that millions are playing it for a while.

I dunno about it being this generation's Destiny though. That seems extreme and would probably need some games as a service hooks that haven't been revealed yet.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Making a good Halo is not in the cards these days, the franchises time has passed.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Laserface posted:

Which is kinda baseless. There's no gameplay shown or anything. The next big shooter has to be more hot than BR is now and I don't see halo doing that.

They showed gameplay last year, dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZtc5-syeAk&t=208s

I don't think it's gonna be "massive" or whatever, but their objective to make a Halo platform that sets up the next ten years of the game could be cool, whatever that looks like, whether it's a live game or a looter thing or something we haven't seen before. I imagine they'll break it out and be a f2p thing, but beyond that :shrug:

e: I specifically mean whatever the multiplayer thing they havent shown is. I fully expect the campaign to be a middling open world deal that might still be fun enough.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 1, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Halo is open world instead of a Metroidvania so its doomed to be fun but not great.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Checking in to see if I’m just an idiot. I downloaded control on game pass and it synced my data because I had purchased and played it on my one s and finished the main campaign and all achievements. So I can resume where I left off but I apparently have no gun. Hitting x does nothing. She’s just running around unarmed. I can do the telekinetic stuff and all that but shooting is still important and I am unable to do that without a gun. It may not be a big deal because I should probably just start a new play through (does this have a new game +?) but I’m wondering if I’m missing or forgetting something that’s causing this or if it’s an actual glitch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Checking in to see if I’m just an idiot. I downloaded control on game pass and it synced my data because I had purchased and played it on my one s and finished the main campaign and all achievements. So I can resume where I left off but I apparently have no gun. Hitting x does nothing. She’s just running around unarmed. I can do the telekinetic stuff and all that but shooting is still important and I am unable to do that without a gun. It may not be a big deal because I should probably just start a new play through (does this have a new game +?) but I’m wondering if I’m missing or forgetting something that’s causing this or if it’s an actual glitch.

Actual glitch you're hit by. I believe its fixable by using chapter select to start the most recent chapter again, but admittedly RIP progress through that chapter.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Goddamn liberals taking our guns

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Kevyn posted:

Goddamn liberals taking our guns

In a game called Control no less!

Wake up Sheeple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I think Halo multiplayer will be good and I’m looking forward to playing it. I believe!

I know I’ll be spending many hours on big team battle or whatever the equivalent is.

I’ve been playing super time force again which is a really fun game i almost completed a few years back. Going to complete it now I reckon.