Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

H Big Horn-Sheep Guy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

you laugh but he's absolutely right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E60zr_WIR_o

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

why does he have 10 fingers but only 8 toes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Walter White was always an egotistical rear end in a top hat playing a nice guy though, the cancer just revealed who he really was. Its funny because from Better Call Saul you get the opposite sense, that Jimmy was always fundamentally a decent guy who just keeps on loving up and finally breaks out of spite

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

spacemang_spliff posted:

Are you.....offended??

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the horny goat man is incredibly offensive, yes

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tom Smykowski posted:

Are you.....offended??

i'm disgusted yes

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Tom Smykowski posted:

Are you.....offended??

Haha! You see? I'm preempted your saying "That's disgusting" in response to my taking a poo poo all over the floor, therefore I am the great puppet master!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sorry to bring r/TheRightCantMeme stuff here, but this one made me laugh. This one I like because, even bashing the low-hanging fruit of Joe loving Biden, the right can't meme. The obvious warping of "Teach a man to fish", filtered through Joe Biden's soup of a brain brain, is "Listen, Jack, ya teach a man to fish. So he... he has summa the fish then. Then... Ah, heck, I'm sorry, man, I didn't mean to say that..."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lib and let die posted:

You come to me, on this, the day of my President's inauguration and ask me to force a vote on Medicare for All?

Basically any line from the Cum Town Woke Mobsters bit or its YouTube comments works here.

"You come to me, on the day of my daughter's transition..."

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Malleum posted:

the horny goat man is incredibly offensive, yes

It was on the goat mans coffee mug :/

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Speaking of dead goat men, RIP KirkJ

Superman: "The goat man's dead. Bury it. Also, make sure that ring gets to the fires of Mt. Doom, from which it was initially forged..."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Feldegast42 posted:

Walter White was always an egotistical rear end in a top hat playing a nice guy though

was he? he was willing to die to spare his family from destitution, he was a well liked and respected teacher, his former research partners (who he had a falling out with) still liked him enough to want to hang out and offer to cover his treatment, he was a very good good father and husband (and brother in law). nobody from his life had a bad word to say about him. I don’t think your reading is supported by what the show actually portrayed. the realization that in order to finance his survival on his own terms he had to become the joker seems to be what broke his brain

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
His own terms is the key phrase doing all of the work there. That poo poo wasn't about dignity, it was all ego.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Punkin Spunkin posted:

His own terms is the key phrase doing all of the work there. That poo poo wasn't about dignity, it was all ego.

yeah wasn’t the whole falling out with his former partners driven at least somewhat by his perfectionist tendencies with chemistry? that same ego-centered perfectionist trait comes out in him again when he’s realized he’s the greatest meth cook ever, he likes being the best and being able to do his work his way.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

cats are like that too, maybe he's a cat goatman

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

that... that’s what dignity is, that ability to respect yourself. he didn’t want his literal life to be indebted to someone else, be it banks or his old friends. I don’t think that’s particularly egotistical.

e: and even then he relented on it and was willing to suck it up until he chanced upon a way to make money on his own. giving up control over his own life to others is what spun him out to become an evil piece of poo poo

indigi has issued a correction as of 21:05 on May 1, 2021

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

that... that’s what dignity is, that ability to respect yourself. he didn’t want his literal life to be indebted to someone else, be it banks or his old friends. I don’t think that’s particularly egotistical.

e: and even then he relented on it and was willing to suck it up until he chanced upon a way to make money on his own. giving up control over his own life to others is what spun him out to become an evil piece of poo poo

he doomed dozens, maybe hundreds. of people to a violent death and destroyed his own family because he was too proud to take money from his rich friends. dude was always a piece of poo poo, he was just to put upon to capitalize on it

walter white even spells it out for the audience in the final episode. he didnt do what he did for his family or whatever, he did it because being a badass meth kingpin made him feel good. he wasnt a TOTAL hypocrite, as evidenced by the fact that he was willing to give everything up to save hank, but ultimately everything he did was purely self serving

babypolis has issued a correction as of 21:30 on May 1, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Walter White obviously isn’t what I’d call self aware so idk why I should take his word on things lol. also all the stuff you said happened after he decided to give up on what he wanted and accept money from his friends/loans. he tried that, it’s not like he didn’t do it. he just realized he couldn’t live with that decision - which, as I said, is why he wanted to die in the first place! he didn’t do anything “bad” until after that realization, and in fact we’re shown (not told by an unreliable narrator) that everyone in his life up to that point would attest to his character

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

Walter White obviously isn’t what I’d call self aware so idk why I should take his word on things lol. also all the stuff you said happened after he decided to give up on what he wanted and accept money from his friends/loans. he tried that, it’s not like he didn’t do it. he just realized he couldn’t live with that decision - which, as I said, is why he wanted to die in the first place! he didn’t do anything “bad” until after that realization

the entirety of the final episode is about walter white finally giving up all his lies and pretentions, and finally being honest with himself and everyone around him

walter white had a choice between swallowing his pride and spending his last years of life peacefully with his family, or doing things his own way, killings tons of innocents and destroying his own family in the process. the moral choice is very obvious.

babypolis has issued a correction as of 21:36 on May 1, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

babypolis posted:

the entirety of the final episode is about walter white finally giving up all his lies and pretentions, and finally being honest with himself and everyone around him

yes the main character saying their motivations out loud. classically reliable

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

yes the main character saying their motivations out loud. classically reliable

maybe you should go and rewatch the show or something because you seem to have missed lots of things if you dont realize what walter was doing at the end

like the final episode is explicitly about god giving him a second chance to get out of hell and go correct all his lies and mistakes before he can die and ascend to heaven.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

babypolis posted:

maybe you should go and rewatch the show or something because you seem to have missed lots of things if you dont realize what walter was doing at the end

he was on a literal suicide mission to save his friend at the end. kind of throws a wrench in the “he was always an egotistical selfish rear end in a top hat” interpretation lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

he was on a literal suicide mission to save his friend at the end. kind of throws a wrench in the “he was always an egotistical selfish rear end in a top hat” interpretation lol

like i said, he was on a god given mission to right his mistakes on the final episode. also he did not plan to save jessie until he saw how much he had suffered already. go watch that final episode again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

babypolis posted:

like i said, he was on a god given mission to right his mistakes on the final episode. also he did not plan to save jessie until he saw how much he had suffered already. go watch that final episode again

do you think he acquired the mini gun and built a contraption that would be remotely operated to not save Jesse? maybe you need to watch the series again

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Oh my god both of you shut the gently caress up and go rewatch the show together or something.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i thought this was the poop culture thread, sorry

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Remember when people were really mad at the wife when she found out her husband was a meth dealer?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I will say that Skyler is a perfect character because its easy for the audience to hate her even though she is pretty much 100% justified in her reaction to Walt and everything he does

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
never got the wife hate but that cop wife hoo boy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i most relate to Hank's consternation about minerals.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

saw this unironically hung up in a shop today

El Mero Mero has issued a correction as of 05:18 on May 2, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
a shop like where people make stuff or a shop like a gift shop

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

a shop like where people make stuff or a shop like a gift shop

a gift shop

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
This characer secretly pretended to be a good person until they were middle aged but was secretly planning to become a murderous drug kingpin all along proving that he was always a piece of poo poo. Humans can't develop into better or worse people based on circumstances and we are born with our evil and virtue carved upon our immortal souls. Now let me tell you how crazy and assholish Calvinists are.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/kevinlevin/status/1388889672991059970?s=21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

This characer secretly pretended to be a good person until they were middle aged but was secretly planning to become a murderous drug kingpin all along proving that he was always a piece of poo poo. Humans can't develop into better or worse people based on circumstances and we are born with our evil and virtue carved upon our immortal souls. Now let me tell you how crazy and assholish Calvinists are.

lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

how does he put on that sweater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Makes perfect sense to me