Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

GO, BLEW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the stuff under that is basically quicksand.

I have never been to a bog, but the old PBS Mystery! episode of Hound of the Baskervilles, where the guy gets sucked into the bog at the end and the peaty water goes into his mouth, scared the crap out of me as a kid. It's still pretty creepy as an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXo_iH_w1xw&t=5859s

Won't be catching ME running around on a bog.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I've fallen into a bog a few times, usually it's not dangerous, just annoying since all your clothes are now full of water and swamp. When you fall through, you instinctively grab the moss on your sides, so even if it's deep you won't go under. You don't really get sucked in or anything, it's easy to dislodge yourself by just calmly moving back and forth. If your boots aren't tightly fastened, you might lose those. It's also easy to lose stuff from your pockets and you will absolutely never see that poo poo again.

It only becomes a real problem if you're injured or exhausted and can't pull yourself out because of that, or if it's cold enough that hypothermia and frostbite set in before you can get back to a warm place. Animals sometimes die in bogs because they panic and exhaust themselves to death.

That being said, if the moss starts to undulate like under those girls, don't be an idiot, backtrack and find another route.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

goddamn CrossFit

very uncomfortable memories of that Colin Winkleman accident

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the stuff under that is basically quicksand.

If this is near the Arctic circle it could be melted permafrost releasing methane for the first time in millennia. It happens a lot in the tundra lately

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjymI5kcwAo

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

If this is near the Arctic circle it could be melted permafrost releasing methane for the first time in millennia. It happens a lot in the tundra lately

oh well that's a good sign

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can basically just float in swampy terrain/quicksand/sucking mud. The problem is carpets are dangerous because if you make a hole and fall through you're not gonna be able to find that hole again.

e. same thing happens to people dicking around with their pool's solar or winterizer covers

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I lost a horse in a bog like that. Poor ol' Artax, thought of depression and died.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yup. Neighbor uphill from us took out a big tree that was blocking their view of my back garden and it took most of a day, cutting off one branch at a time.

How irresponsible of them....

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

This reminded me of a video of a chess champion playing against a power tool and almost getting punched in the face by it. I had a lot of trouble finding it because that thing seems to have happened to him at several occasions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTWM7LA540Y

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

O - H!
N - O!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/TrashGoat00/status/1387301889356689410

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Does it authenticate your subscription as you're careening through the air and hope it handshakes before you hit something?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Three levels of sevice: Silver = quadrapalegic. Gold = parapalegic. Platinum = the cops give you a ride home and you get to smoke a cigarette in the back of their car on the way.

It's up to you!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ah, docwagon

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Azhais posted:

Ah, docwagon

Seems more CrashCart

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BitBasher posted:

Seems more CrashCart

In CP2077 it's Trauma Team. DocWagon was Shadowrun. I'm not recognizing CrashCart.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I thought crash cart was slang for a buggy full of poo poo in a hospital, like a defibrillator, monitors, poo poo needed to reverse a flat liner.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

In CP2077 it's Trauma Team. DocWagon was Shadowrun. I'm not recognizing CrashCart.

CrashCart was also Shadowrun. It was a DocWagon competitor that was sometimes doing really, really messed up things with the patients they picked up. It was a less expensive alternative until they went down in a huge scandal early in the game's timeline. (They were owned and operated by bugs)

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I thought crash cart was slang for a buggy full of poo poo in a hospital, like a defibrillator, monitors, poo poo needed to reverse a flat liner.

It is that too!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 2, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Technolibertarianism is a hell of a thing

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Why would anyone buy such a thing?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

I was curious so I looked at the site, and it's looks like it's more complicated (and not entirely unreasonable).

https://www.klim.com/Ai-1-Airbag-Vest-3046-000

It looks like you are buying a $400 vest, and then get the option to either finance or purchase outright the electronics module. However, the module costs another $400 if purchased outright. Instead, you can finance the module monthly or yearly, and then after 3 years upgrade to the newest module for free (and restart financing payments on it) or buy the module you have for an additional $100. Also looks like you can pause payments in the offseason, for better or worse. Either way, they end up getting the better of you if you finance it, so that's not great. It's basically a cell phone model crossed with a car leasing model.

But I have no idea why they tried to spin financing as a subscription, aside from "services and subscriptions" being a popular tech company (scam) business model that traditional companies try to emulate.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Sankara posted:

Nobody is going to buy the vest.

Tesla, Ford, and Apple are going to get in a bidding war for the patent to subscription airbags though, and the inventor is going to make a billion dollars.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Automobiles of the future are just bait cars that you finance. When you stop making payments all the doors lock and it drives you straight to debtor's prison.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

At least a couple interesting ways to get decapitated here.

Ragtime All The Time posted:

leaking brown PCB poo goo. We ended up filling more than a few 55 gallon drums with them. Hope they ended up getting taken care of responsibly.

What does your heart tell you?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I didn't pay my seat belt bill this month, so they don't latch anymore. Just hook the strap into the hook I screwed into the center console.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Sankara posted:

IDK about how many people ride with a Klim airbag, but i see people buying Dainese D-air vests occasionally. Still a bit expensive and bulky for the average rider.
Why? For the same reasons you'd buy a car with an airbag. All drivers are out to kill you, an airbag makes it less likely that they'll succeed.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1388161220537110533
https://twitter.com/tombateman/status/1388228851436752900

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
God doesn't require blood offerings anymore, but he will take donated volunteers.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/F7Fe4T2.mp4

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Seems like the hard hat did its job, at least.

I guess technically the flesh-toed shoes also provided exactly as much protection as they're designed to.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

a primate posted:

Ok yea that seems like a pretty OSHA job.

In Canada I think we require three person crews with one always in the truck to act as a lookout while the other two go pickup cash. Unions pushed for it because of some robberies, one of which involved two guys jumping the Brinks crew and pepper spraying them.

poo poo, the store I work at has cash pickup through Garda. There's been at least a couple times where they're so understaffed they pull up and one dude gets out. And it turns out he's the only guy and just leaves the armored car sitting at the curb while he picks up the deposits. There's no way in ever-living gently caress that's proper procedure for them.

Garda is pretty drat OSHA itself, there's been tons of accidents involving their trucks. And a lot of whistleblowers reporting almost absolute lack of maintenance. There's one report in here about a truck with no drivers seat, just a bucket to sit on. https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/garda-world/armored-trucks/

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Enos Shenk posted:

poo poo, the store I work at has cash pickup through Garda. There's been at least a couple times where they're so understaffed they pull up and one dude gets out. And it turns out he's the only guy and just leaves the armored car sitting at the curb while he picks up the deposits. There's no way in ever-living gently caress that's proper procedure for them.

Garda is pretty drat OSHA itself, there's been tons of accidents involving their trucks. And a lot of whistleblowers reporting almost absolute lack of maintenance. There's one report in here about a truck with no drivers seat, just a bucket to sit on. https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/garda-world/armored-trucks/

I've watched their trucks, at that specific location, ram into each other while trying to leave the DC.

They don't pay well. Good thing I failed the drug test!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_q45xvhI9wY1rmjly4.mp4

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

https://www.instagram.com/p/COYKnnYnuZDzsTgABH5QAw9uEuOTIQZ-QuaIFs0/?igshid=11wfeajbee5ep

This staircase makes me nervous for at least 14 different reasons:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like how it's possible to fall off one staircase onto another and keep rolling.
Did a silent film era slapstick star design this?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Valheim continues to infect the real world.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love that it's varnished and polished to a mirror-like sheen. Wouldn't want these tiny steps with zero handholds to have any friction or anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Finally a good use for all those leftover school desks.