Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Skwirl posted:

Marilyn Manson turning out to be exactly who bible thumpers claimed he was is incredibly disappointing.

The irony had occurred to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Braksgirl posted:

I'll be honest, I don't compost, but unless you're cooking for an army on the reg, I'd think you'd want a smaller compost pail in your house so that you have to empty it more often and don't have a can of rotting food in your house for so long, but maybe that's just me?

Oh yea, it would be pretty nasty. Even my small container gets nasty pretty quickly. And then I don’t want to throw it out because I know it’ll smell terrible, but that just makes it worse!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Couldn't pass up the chance to get my first grilling in

And yes, I ate them all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1388483342560120834?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ImagesBanjo/status/1388221620120997888?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Marilyn Manson isn’t simply a serial rapist he’s literally a psychotic sadistic torture dungeon monster.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/marilyn-manson-sued-game-of-thrones-actress-rape-1234964002/

Talk about an edgelord

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

I'll be honest, I don't compost, but unless you're cooking for an army on the reg, I'd think you'd want a smaller compost pail in your house so that you have to empty it more often and don't have a can of rotting food in your house for so long, but maybe that's just me?
We repurposed an empty gallon tub that held sherbert into the veggie scraps bin and it fills up in a few days. It tends to sit for a week and depending on the stuff can turn pretty rank, so there are a few tubs if one goes bad.

That one in the picture looks to be more than 2 gallons which is already too much.

In other news I got Monster Hunter which is my first new game when games are new in ages, and it is anime as gently caress.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

shirts and skins posted:

I'm about 30 hours out from dose #2 and I'm sooooo sleepy. I've taken more naps than my kids today. Feeling all right otherwise, but I can tell my body has some demanding programming running in the background.

i'm in the novavax trial and after shot two (technically i don't know if placebo or vax, but it was 67% the latter so i like had real thing) my hrv was hosed for a week on my whoop

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I've got a half marathon in two hours. I woke up feeling groggy as hell thanks to being two hours ahead of my normal time zone. This is gonna be a tough race.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
my interweb modem machine has been fried because reasons until today so I missed the draft and only heard rumors about rodgers being incredibly not gruntled so let me take this opportunity to say LOL PACKERS

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Turns out "Marilyn Manson surgically removed his ribs so he could suck his own dick" was a failure of middle school imagination

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
24 hours post-Pfizer #2 and I don't feel a thing. I also drank probably a gallon of watered-down Gatorade yesterday after multiple people made their recovery period sound like a really bad hangover, so good lookin' out whoever posted about that here.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’s crazy how hit and miss the side effects have been. My wife had basically zero side effects. I couldn’t get off the couch for like 12hrs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just hit 48 hours post Moderna shot 2

My only side effect is feeling liberated as hell.

gently caress covid. I’m ready to sign up for my booster.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

It’s crazy how hit and miss the side effects have been. My wife had basically zero side effects. I couldn’t get off the couch for like 12hrs.

I woke up with a slight headache and bad gas, but tbh those could be unrelated to the shot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I've been watching people play Returnal and it looks pretty fun for a metroidvania deadcells type game. Anybody played it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I've been watching people play Returnal and it looks pretty fun for a metroidvania deadcells type game. Anybody played it?

I watched a bunch on twitch while doing baby stuff in the middle of the night.

It looks cool but I’m not sure if it has enough meat to justify 70 bucks.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol, I happened to turn on what I expected to be the Man U-Liverpool game and instead of a match I found that the fans have invaded the stadium to protest against the Glazers. These dipshit billionaires tried to claw even more money into their pockets and now they’re baffled that people are upset. Soccer hooligans are the best.

e: here’s a good laugh from the scene:

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1388859445082525703

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 2, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I spent the entire day yesterday in my parent's basement room building a murphy bed that only juuuuust barely fit into its space, and I am sore as gently caress. gently caress flatpack furniture, gently caress engineers who design flatpack furniture, and especially gently caress the fucks who "finished" my parent's basement area in I'm guessing about the 1970s.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I had about a 4 hour period the day following my 2nd Pfizer dose where I didn't feel quite good but also didn't feel bad enough to stop me from normal daily activities. No chills and fever like other people, just felt "off" for a few hours while my body learned to accept the 5g nanobots

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

D-LINK posted:

I had about a 4 hour period the day following my 2nd Pfizer dose where I didn't feel quite good but also didn't feel bad enough to stop me from normal daily activities. No chills and fever like other people, just felt "off" for a few hours while my body learned to accept the 5g nanobots

That was me after the Pfizer 2.0 update. A few hours of fatigue and mild aches the next day, but I was pretty much good by the evening.

Has everyone been doing their v-safe check ins? I’ve just been hitting the “everything is OK” buttons for a week now. Does anyone who got the shots early know how many weeks after they continue to check in?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/michaelbsacks/status/1388853528979034115

he like never does interviews

!!!!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

That was me after the Pfizer 2.0 update. A few hours of fatigue and mild aches the next day, but I was pretty much good by the evening.

Has everyone been doing their v-safe check ins? I’ve just been hitting the “everything is OK” buttons for a week now. Does anyone who got the shots early know how many weeks after they continue to check in?

I have just now heard of v-safe check ins.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm not quite sure there's anything more satisfying than pressure washing lichen and moss off of concrete

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rectal Placenta posted:

I'm not quite sure there's anything more satisfying than pressure washing lichen and moss off of concrete

I had a good time pressure washing my car after the fires last year. SO MUCH ASH

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I have just now heard of v-safe check ins.

Interesting. I get a text each day around the time I got the shot from the CDC asking how I’m feeling/any side effects today/were you unable to work. That lasts for the entire first week after a shot, then reverts to once a week for an indeterminate amount of time. I wonder if it is something I opted into, or if they just chose at random.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

I got my first shot in December and occasionally still get a check in. Not sure when it switched from daily to weekly to monthly, but it does change.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

Interesting. I get a text each day around the time I got the shot from the CDC asking how I’m feeling/any side effects today/were you unable to work. That lasts for the entire first week after a shot, then reverts to once a week for an indeterminate amount of time. I wonder if it is something I opted into, or if they just chose at random.

According to their page I can download an app and use that, so maybe it was opt-in and your vac site promoted it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Yeah vsafe was opt in, It reminded me until 6 weeks after the 2nd

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

D-LINK posted:

Better hope those casters never come unlocked

I assume that they are non-functional and it was welded so they don't roll.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Haha

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1388910327610449921

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MrLogan posted:

I assume that they are non-functional and it was welded so they don't roll.

Well, there's no glue in the world that'll stand up to a lifetime of repeated hip bumps, so it better be welded. I can't pick out any torch burns, so unless it's a degree of skill I've personally never seen, it ain't weld.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

D-LINK posted:

Well, there's no glue in the world that'll stand up to a lifetime of repeated hip bumps, so it better be welded.

Lemme tell you about the Loctite formulas specifically for press fit stuff...

Pressure washing update: I now feel like an old west gun slinger, because I spent the entire afternoon quick drawing and shooting yellow jackets out of the air

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
https://youtube.com/shorts/9v6JioKggEs?feature=share

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well guess I'm replacing toilet guts.

It's either that or accepting that every time I use it, it sounds like shift change in an 1800s factory.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I watched a bunch on twitch while doing baby stuff in the middle of the night.

It looks cool but I’m not sure if it has enough meat to justify 70 bucks.

Yeah I guess it depends on how long the game takes. 70 bones is a lot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Man I took two days off last week with the intent of getting some time to relax. Instead I ended up spending a good chunk of time doing house projects. Now it’s Sunday night and I feel like I didn’t have any time off at all.

Still glad to have the house stuff mostly done at least.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Bird in a Blender posted:

Man I took two days off last week with the intent of getting some time to relax. Instead I ended up spending a good chunk of time doing house projects. Now it’s Sunday night and I feel like I didn’t have any time off at all.

Still glad to have the house stuff mostly done at least.

Pending some inspections tomorrow I am a soon-to-be homeowner and currently in that period of blissful ignorance where I'm looking forward to having things to tackle around the house

I'm going to set some kind of land speed record for being Over That poo poo, I guarantee it, but for now: wheeee

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Feels really good to finish my space dnd prep two days early. Usually I procrastinate and end up doing everything last minute. So nice :)

No one cares but update anyway: four party members down and the last guy standing killed the boss with his last bullet. Fun session... I never get to kill my players!!! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

Pending some inspections tomorrow I am a soon-to-be homeowner and currently in that period of blissful ignorance where I'm looking forward to having things to tackle around the house

I'm going to set some kind of land speed record for being Over That poo poo, I guarantee it, but for now: wheeee

Congrats dude. It becomes a pain in the rear end but there is also something kind of special the first time you fix something in the house you bought and then sit on your couch and drink your beer in your home.

I also liked the first time my old man came over and asked why I had something set up a certain way and could hit him with the refrain I copped growing up every day "because I own the place".