Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I bet you have never tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

EL BROMANCE posted:

You can’t put out a fire with bullets.

No I mean like send them into the building :v:

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!

Republicans don't care about space either, so this person is lying even within the context of her terrible analogy. They also don't care about road maintenance or developing infrastructure, so driving (the supposedly superior alternative to train travel) feels awful as well.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CharlestheHammer posted:

I bet you have never tried

Katt posted:

No I mean like send them into the building :v:

We most definitely need to run at least a few tests, I think we have enough departments that have volunteered themselves at this point

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Katt posted:

They should train police like this.

Send them into burning buildings apropos of nothing? Yes.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

acyclicity posted:

Republicans don't care about space either, so this person is lying even within the context of her terrible analogy. They also don't care about road maintenance or developing infrastructure, so driving (the supposedly superior alternative to train travel) feels awful as well.

They're also painfully bad at making arguments. The argument in that thread is trains only work at the coast, where all the people live. Like thats a point against trains. If you can't get a train to bumfuck, ohio then trains are useless or something.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
do they think they'll get to take a rocketship to bumfuck ohio from new york or mars landing or wherever?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's okay because people in bumfuck, ohio don't believe public transit works even in major cities where everyone lives. They did a real good job poisoning that well

Source: lives in bumfuck ohio and have watched someone argue with city folk that no your bus lines are bad you don't know what you're talking about

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I understand she's talking about aerospace engineering as apart from travel, but even so, how does advancing in space rocket technology really help us? I don't give a gently caress about Mars, I don't give a gently caress about the Moon - who gives a poo poo?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

The only reason Trump didn’t scrap the James Webb Space Telescope and ran off with its golden solar panels is that NASA convinced him they were actually just big honey combs. I guarantee it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

really a lot to unpack here. instead of doing that, i'm just going to laugh at how big of an idiot this person is.

lol.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/JamieF4178/status/1388707993383051266

I am not the idiot. Well, I am an idiot, but not THE idiot lol

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/KevinLevin/status/1388889672991059970

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

did I have a loving stroke

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No that's Vietnamese

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Eating at Taco Bell is one of my most effective forms of birth control.

Liking trains is also one of those forms.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

pseudorandom posted:

Liking trains is also one of those forms.

One day the transit nerds and the rocketry nerds will meet in bloody battle, until we realize we need to unite against our common enemy: the austerity nerds

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Pththya-lyi posted:

One day the transit nerds and the rocketry nerds will meet in bloody battle, until we realize we need to unite against our common enemy: the austerity nerds

The two Kingdoms united under one Lord.

https://transformers.fandom.com/wiki/Astrotrain_(G1)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

we have... Chewing gum

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Isn't that just gum, anyway?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Pththya-lyi posted:

hear me out:

rocket

trains

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hihohe posted:

we have... Chewing gum

There's also plenty of chew necklaces and whatnot for autistic kids and adults. And if dog chew toys are safe for dogs they should be safe for humans who want to get their gnaw on.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

hear me out:

rocket

trains

That Elton John song is great.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That's a Rocket Tram

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Elviscat posted:

That's a Rocket Tram

The Weird Al parody Rocket Pram got a little dark for my taste.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Light Gun Man posted:

hear me out:

rocket

trains

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Both the US and the soviets tried strapping a jet engine pod to the top of a train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saG-QQSiG4I

Because the problem with trains, you see, is that they are too quiet and fuel efficient.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

They figured cars were loud and wasteful enough

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gats Akimbo posted:

There's also plenty of chew necklaces and whatnot for autistic kids and adults. And if dog chew toys are safe for dogs they should be safe for humans who want to get their gnaw on.

Ok but what about mouth feel? What if I need that human flesh mouth feel?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Gats Akimbo posted:

nothing beats those grahmn cookie things that you give teething babies. sometimes ill buy a box and just chew them

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dynastocles posted:

I understand she's talking about aerospace engineering as apart from travel, but even so, how does advancing in space rocket technology really help us? I don't give a gently caress about Mars, I don't give a gently caress about the Moon - who gives a poo poo?
Theoretically, if you could make rockets cheap enough, long-distance travel would be really fast and efficient if you could go up out of the atmosphere, do the lengthy part of the travel in a vacuum, then come back down at your destination. Of course it's pretty debatable if we can ever make what's basically a directed explosion cheap and safe enough for that to be feasible, not to mention the hazards of atmospheric reentry. But I've heard it be proposed. By lunatics.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Not to mention several of the world's more influential countries wouldn't really like a bunch of objects launched into NEO, then falling back to earth, since they like to be warned of, and able to easily track such objects.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

snergle posted:

nothing beats those grahmn cookie things that you give teething babies. sometimes ill buy a box and just chew them

:hfive:Teething Biscuits are a solid cookie choice .

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
been getting an excessive amount of stupid twitter ads lately, so I went looking for a twitter ad blocker and found one with this description:

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
we did at least once consider he use of rockets to move goods. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_mail

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

been getting an excessive amount of stupid twitter ads lately, so I went looking for a twitter ad blocker and found one with this description:

You shouldn't need anything special to deal with Twitter ads, uBlock Origin with the default filters reliably blocks them in my experience

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

cult_hero posted:

we did at least once consider he use of rockets to move goods. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_mail

Rocket maaail! Burning up the mail, because it's mostly paper and quite flammable, honestly

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Blue Apron One confirm touchdown, repeat Blue Apron One confirm touchdown, the meal has landed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I will not rest until I can take a rocket to work instead of spending an hour on the A train.