Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll buy Pokemon Snap at some point but the photography game I'm waiting for is the Switch port of Umurangi Generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SeXReX posted:

It's happening

Teens now post memes about being jealous of scene kids who got to be scene kids when it was at it's least embarrassing.

Detroit rock city took place in 78 and came out in 99 if it were made this year it would be about a group of people going to warped tour to see green day and the black eyed peas (I want to know why the black eyed peas played exactly 1 date of warped tour 2000 and it was in Minnesota of all places)

Will.I.Am wanted Culvers.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't know how many times I have to post this but the narrative that Pokémon Snap is too short or doesn't have enough content to be worth 60$ is just plain wrong. Yes, you can finish the story in a couple of days, I did it myself to make sure I unlocked all the areas and upgrades. But that's not the point of the game - the point is the absolutely staggeringly massive number of different pictures to find. And they're hard. I have hundreds of requests at this point hinting me towards special photos and I'm stumped by so many of them. I think I've still yet to grasp just how drastically you can manipulate Pokémon behavior to get these crazy things to happen. It's gonna take me a long time to get everything.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

more like Bugemon Snax

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll buy Pokemon Snap at some point but the photography game I'm waiting for is the Switch port of Umurangi Generation

The motion control camera stuff umurangi showed off looks cool, is that how people are Snapping

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't know how many times I have to post this but the narrative that Pokémon Snap is too short or doesn't have enough content to be worth 60$ is just plain wrong. Yes, you can finish the story in a couple of days, I did it myself to make sure I unlocked all the areas and upgrades. But that's not the point of the game - the point is the absolutely staggeringly massive number of different pictures to find. And they're hard. I have hundreds of requests at this point hinting me towards special photos and I'm stumped by so many of them. I think I've still yet to grasp just how drastically you can manipulate Pokémon behavior to get these crazy things to happen. It's gonna take me a long time to get everything.

People seem to just assume that because the original Snap was very short then the new one is as well

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Personally I like an endless fuckaround/challenge game as much as the next man but they very rarely hold my attention for long enough for me to get my money's worth at full price. My lizard brain needs a meaty narrative to keep me going.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Regy Rusty posted:

Ha, this sounds a lot like Hitman.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jolo posted:

Ha, this sounds a lot like Hitman.

That's honestly a pretty good comparison lol

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Pokemon Snap is a pretty good buy imo. My wife and I have been playing it since Friday, taking turns on the different safaris that we can go on and trying to find our favorite pokemons. She screamed when she saw Wailord in one of the levels.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Arrrthritis posted:

Pokemon Snap is a pretty good buy imo. My wife and I have been playing it since Friday, taking turns on the different safaris that we can go on and trying to find our favorite pokemons. She screamed when she saw Wailord in one of the levels.

I completely understand this feeling.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

SeXReX posted:

Teens now post memes about being jealous of scene kids who got to be scene kids when it was at it's least embarrassing.

There are tiktok kids who have literally millions of followers just because they wear hot topic stuff. They all listen to Korn. It's utterly baffling to me.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Is it baffling? Seems pretty standard for teenagers to look at retro stuff to find something cool and different.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

it's a solid contender for my game of the year and would be worth it at twice the price with half as much content, because the quality is just that high

Having enjoyed Snap 1* and played a couple hours on Snap 2 this statement is highly surprising to me, but that makes me excited to play more

*e: to be more clear here I mean I think Snap 1 is a perfect game like Star Fox 64 is

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The motion control camera stuff umurangi showed off looks cool, is that how people are Snapping

It's not quite so elaborate. For example, you can't rotate the Switch to take a portrait shot. I use the stick for big swings and the gyro for minor corrections, like in Splatoon.

I played an hour of Mini Metro this morning, those games tickle exactly the right part of my brain

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

imo stop putting “New” in the titles of video games

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
I was bummed I didn't have a new GPU to play RE Village, but the engine was so good that i can still run the demo at max 1080p settings on a 1070 and never drop below 70. Most of the time it's around 90. Indoors, it's well beyond 100.

Guess I can live without the global illumination.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is Risk of Rain 2?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

Great aesthetic/music, fun co-op, strong modding scene. Can be frustrating when the game withholds the items you need them stomps you for it, some annoying choices around difficulty. Overall I think it's pretty good.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

very fun game, there's tons of items to play with and if you get frustrated with not getting the items you want you can turn on artifacts that make getting those items easier! def one of my favorite games of the last few years

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

mutata posted:

Is it baffling? Seems pretty standard for teenagers to look at retro stuff to find something cool and different.

Yeah, fashion is cyclical, old stuff always comes back.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Finished up Code Vein, here's my review: don't play it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
whether you think snap is worth it or not boils down to whether you think every game should have photography modes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

whether you think snap is worth it or not boils down to whether you think every game should have photography modes

I don't care for photography modes in games at all and Snap rules

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
simultaneously wrong and right....a coin that lands on the edge

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I thought it was okay, what didn't you like about it?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Persona 4 Golden:

Case closed in August? 7/10, game's too short.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Acerbatus posted:

my sensors are detecting near lethal levels of mad because bad here!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Acerbatus posted:

I think "okay" is perfectly descriptive of it. I thought the overall design was pretty boring, every single trash area was just hallways and 1-2 guys at a time if you didn't sprint through places. It did, however, have a fairly interesting idea for mapping in a Souls-inspired game. I like that it gives you where you've been but not an actual detailed map until you're basically through an area and then it will give you the detailed map so you can see if you missed anything. A lot of the bosses seemed fairly uninspired as well, again "okay" is probably where'd I put it on a scale, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without reservations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think "okay" is perfectly descriptive of it. I thought the overall design was pretty boring, every single trash area was just hallways and 1-2 guys at a time if you didn't sprint through places. It did, however, have a fairly interesting idea for mapping in a Souls-inspired game. I like that it gives you where you've been but not an actual detailed map until you're basically through an area and then it will give you the detailed map so you can see if you missed anything. A lot of the bosses seemed fairly uninspired as well, again "okay" is probably where'd I put it on a scale, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without reservations.

That's fair. I'm kinda hoping it gets a sequel because there's definite room for improvement.

The DLC is also horse armor level apparently.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

That's fair. I'm kinda hoping it gets a sequel because there's definite room for improvement.

This was something I was thinking about in the back third or so as well, it really felt like they kind of ran out of ideas for how long they wanted the game to be and I think and hope a second iteration could be really good. There's definitely a good foundation there to build on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The character creator is really good, and the fact that Scarlet Nexus, which seems like it's trying to hit similar vibes with a different genre, doesn't have any customization is a sin.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

If you're going to play 1 Bandai-Namco release from 2019 make it Ace Combat 7

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Walla posted:

Persona 4 Golden:

Case closed in August? 7/10, game's too short.

looking forward to seeing how this sentiment ages

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

My review is: play it

Andrast posted:

I don't care for photography modes in games at all and Snap rules

Same

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Code Vein has Dark Souls 1 combat and near lethal levels of anime and that's all I really want in a video game

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Code Vein has Dark Souls 1 combat and near lethal levels of anime and that's all I really want in a video game

what kinds of anime are we talking? Like, is it just big tittied anime ladies in ridiculous outfits and lots of bad dialogue or is it Dragon Ball Z with cool beam attacks?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

the dark souls 1 classic combat situation of having 8 skills

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

what kinds of anime are we talking? Like, is it just big tittied anime ladies in ridiculous outfits and lots of bad dialogue or is it Dragon Ball Z with cool beam attacks?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

The anime tittles unleash the cool beam attacks.