Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
being in a coma is my life dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol there's an anti-mask/vaxx/whatever protest tomorrow in montreal and they've managed to get the largest vaccination site in the province to close for a day. nothing's being done against them

meanwhile student protests against tuition increases 5 years back or so got plenty of people gassed and beaten up by cops

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
google some of the most prominent attendees and review bomb their businesses, no help is coming

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
for the most prominent ones, leading these movements IS their business now

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

if you live in narnia or wherever the gently caress, it's entirely possible that you may not be able to buy food that isn't sysco frozen trash.

My mom noticed that once you go north enough in the Maritimes fresh is a I euphemism for frozen vegetables of all kinds.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
"fresh frozen"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Emergency phone alert just went through Alberta begging people to stay home this weekend.

"New COVID-19 restrictions are in effect for the following hot spot regions: Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Calgary, Airdrie, Strathcona County, Lethbridge, Edmonton and St Albert. Please follow the rules, get vaccinated and go outdoors to safely socialize while distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19. To learn more, visit https://www.alberta.ca/covidab or call 310-0000.

All Albertans must follow public health restrictions. All indoor social gatherings are prohibited. New additional restrictions on indoor sports, performance and fitness activities are in effect for hot spot regions. Grade 7 to 12 students in these regions must transition to online learning starting May 3. All province wide measures continue to apply for all Albertans. "

Ten bucks says that absolutely nothing will be done to enforce this, and I still gotta go to work tomorrow, where I'm sure I'll be selling booze to people having a party at the lake.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Ten bucks says that absolutely nothing will be done to enforce this, and I still gotta go to work tomorrow, where I'm sure I'll be selling booze to people having a party at the lake.

If they were ramping up enforcement we would have heard it by now.

There is literally zero word of more officers etc.

We're on our own... Hospitals are going to collapse in like a month.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Emergency phone alert just went through Alberta begging people to stay home this weekend.

"New COVID-19 restrictions are in effect for the following hot spot regions: Fort McMurray, Red Deer, Grande Prairie, Calgary, Airdrie, Strathcona County, Lethbridge, Edmonton and St Albert. Please follow the rules, get vaccinated and go outdoors to safely socialize while distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19. To learn more, visit https://www.alberta.ca/covidab or call 310-0000.

All Albertans must follow public health restrictions. All indoor social gatherings are prohibited. New additional restrictions on indoor sports, performance and fitness activities are in effect for hot spot regions. Grade 7 to 12 students in these regions must transition to online learning starting May 3. All province wide measures continue to apply for all Albertans. "

It's cool that they listed literally every city in the province instead of saying the entire province is a hot spot lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what about all the parts no one lives in? they're doing just fine.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

no yeah eh, I'm sure everybody in Bon Accord is doing just fuckin' fine eh and just fuckin' givin' 'er

bzw
Mar 31, 2007
waxing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's cool that they listed literally every city in the province instead of saying the entire province is a hot spot lol

It truly is the forgotten corner

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Vermilion-Wainwright wins again. :shepface:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CANADALAND/status/1388540147860377601

Lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I'd like to see one of the 3 telecom companies who control our entire communications infrastructure wriggle their way out of THIS jam

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lmao at the clown jacket his kid is wearing

also loving lol at his trophy wife

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

RBC posted:

lmao at the clown jacket his kid is wearing

also loving lol at his trophy wife

If her skin was any tighter you could play her cheeks as a drum.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

apatheticman posted:

If her skin was any tighter you could play her cheeks as a drum.

Hey now, be kind to those who started as a Realdoll and got pinocchio'd and forced into marriage.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol at all the replies saying they're gonna cancel their rogers services now

never mind the entire history of garbage service, extortion level pricing, and overall shittyness, it's hanging out with the cheeto president that's the last straw

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

yellowcar posted:

lol at all the replies saying they're gonna cancel their rogers services now

never mind the entire history of garbage service, extortion level pricing, and overall shittyness, it's hanging out with the cheeto president that's the last straw

I mean hey, are the others any better? At least Bell isn't hanging with Trump I guess?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Virtual Russian posted:

I mean hey, are the others any better? At least Bell isn't hanging with Trump I guess?

Every time I looked, Rogers consistently had the worst deals, like not even close. I could never figure out why anyone would choose to be with them when there are at least nominally other options

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Every time I looked, Rogers consistently had the worst deals, like not even close. I could never figure out why anyone would choose to be with them when there are at least nominally other options

It physically pains me to praise Roger's, but their cell plans are basically the same as bells now, or turn into the same thing after arguing with customer support, and I had a way easier time mooching their preferred corporate discount bullshit. Plus if you're insane like me and stuck with super lovely internet like me Roger's has a (overpriced)100gb plan that's better than staring at a modem that refuses to connect

e: nationalize all telecoms I hate this goddamn garbage

ee: I'll settle for an actual internet connection that manages to handle 360p videos

Thoth! has issued a correction as of 05:03 on May 2, 2021

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
All telecom in Canada loving sucks roughly equally, I just use the prepaid 711 wireless service. It's owned by Rogers but way cheaper on the same coverage.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Virtual Russian posted:

bell: the liberals of telecoms

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I still have the Koodo deal from years ago where you lie to them to get a Saskatchewan deal in Ontario and then port your 905 number on top of the Sask number they gave you. $50 for unlimited talk and text Canada wide and 5GB of data. it's not the amazing deal it was when I got it but it felt good to scam a telecom company instead of the other way around for once.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

All telecom in Canada loving sucks roughly equally, I just use the prepaid 711 wireless service. It's owned by Rogers but way cheaper on the same coverage.

hell yeah! i pay 711 $20 dollars every year so that i can have a phone number for that one time some boomer needs to call me or something

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

prom candy posted:

$50 for unlimited talk and text Canada wide and 5GB of data. it's not the amazing deal it was when I got it but it felt good to scam a telecom company instead of the other way around for once.

I've got a similar plan grandfathered in via Wind (now Freedom). $35/month for 5 gigs, and freedom has a great feature where they don't cut you off when you go over, they just throttle your speeds. Don't know if other companies do that too, but I'll never find out.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I've got a similar plan grandfathered in via Wind (now Freedom). $35/month for 5 gigs, and freedom has a great feature where they don't cut you off when you go over, they just throttle your speeds. Don't know if other companies do that too, but I'll never find out.

I have this same plan and its decent. I'm never giving it up I don't need to pay any more for phone service.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Alberta Advantage baybeeee

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dang it i knew i should have moved

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Why does Quebec have such an anti-vax movement? The news clip I saw even had alot of American flags. Like that's the last place I'd expect that kind of poo poo.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

ToxicAcne posted:

Why does Quebec have such an anti-vax movement? The news clip I saw even had alot of American flags. Like that's the last place I'd expect that kind of poo poo.

There's been a small minority of Quebeckers that are so anti-British monarchy that they have been advocating joining the United States as a republic for a long time, going back to the Conquest in ~1760. I dunno if that has anything to do with this movement though.

e: it's probably more that there's been increasing anti-intellectualism and anti-establishmentarianism everywhere in the western world in the past 40 years, coinciding with the era of neo-liberalism and austerity.

Don Pigeon has issued a correction as of 17:53 on May 2, 2021

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
The US is would be way more xenophobic and assimilationist to Francophones than Canada would ever be. At least here they make up 30% of the population.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

ToxicAcne posted:

The US is would be way more xenophobic and assimilationist to Francophones than Canada would ever be. At least here they make up 30% of the population.

Today it is utterly unthinkable. Back in 1775, the Americans invaded Quebec to try to convince Quebeckers to ditch their British masters and join the fledgling republic. This was probably the one time it would have been feasible, but the American occupation of Montreal was botched and the Catholic Church preached loyalty to the British regime, so it never happened.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

I'm so loving depressed..

2 more years of this monster.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

"Alberta legislature suspends spring session due to rising cases of COVID-19"

But us poors still get to go to work and argue with assholes about wearing masks over seven months into it being mandatory.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
what's the over/under on Kenney sneaking out of the province during the break?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ghosthorse posted:

what's the over/under on Kenney sneaking out of the province during the break?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
John Horgan has the anvil centre rented out for vaccinations. were pharmacies all booked up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They can do more vaccinations in an open space like the Anvil Centre