Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

What’s his deal

Decent college QB, not an NFL player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Chiefs got a steal in the 6th round in Trey Smith. He has first round talent but has some health issues (blood clots) that scared a bunch of teams off. If he can stay healthy he’ll be a beast

He almost retired from football a few years ago but found a way to manage it and hasn’t had any issues recently that I’m aware of. He’s also an awesome kid and I’m rooting for him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Homestar Runner posted:

hail Paton hail Elway

all hail our glorious lord and savior Elway, and we bow before his dark servant Paton

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

Future GOP senator
Heath Schuler was a Democrat and only a Rep and got re-districted out of office because the NC GOP sliced up the district and made it R+20.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Definitely going to have to give the Bengals draft an A-

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State somehow had an 80-year draft streak despite often being bad, but it ended yesterday with nobody taking Shakur Brown, Naquan Jones or Antjuan Simmons. Brown and Jones signed with the Steelers and Titans, respectively.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Odd cuz Brown seems to be designed for a 7th round flier.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Australia explain how you did this

Innsbruck is most definitely not in Australia unless they have the winter olympics in Australia regularly haha

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

forget darnold, the panthers have their Quarterback of the Future.
https://twitter.com/coachfitz51/status/1388697343206297606?s=20

The IU backup? Yeah he was the backup at football powerhouse IU.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

What’s his deal

he transferred from Indiana to Northwestern for playing time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Team's draft grades

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL Kiper was making GBS threads all over the Jets on TV all weekend and he gave them an A-

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

lol at the Texans' "F-minus"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did the Bears actually draft well across the board or is it all "wow, Justin Fields fell into their laps, A++"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns win the off season?

I don't like this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

did the Bears actually draft well across the board or is it all "wow, Justin Fields fell into their laps, A++"

the Bears traded pretty much their whole draft for two guys, one of which might be the only good quarterback in franchise history and the other a guy who is expected to be a day 1 starter at their biggest other need at RT that they were mocked to take in the first but fell to the second. All of the rest of the guys they drafted are late round guys who we will likely never see again, although Pace has a history of finding talent in the fifth round (Tarik Cohen, Eddie Jackson, etc.) and they took another big, mauling tackle there. But if Fields alone hits, it is arguably the greatest draft they've ever had.

Like every other draft idiot, I have never heard of any of the late round guys they took and have been watching some highlight videos of them looking incredible and I will be surprised if any of them are meaningful contributors, especially next year.

The Bears are still not in good shape, they currently don't have enough cap space to sign all of the rookies, they are paying like $22 million combined to Nick Foles and Andy Dalton, and they have gaping holes in the secondary and at WR, and on the offensive line with an expensive, aging defense that might be totally shot by the time we know if Fields is any good, but it looks like went from playoffs or bust next year to no one giving a poo poo about anything other than Fields.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 2, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They traded up for Fields then Jenkins fell to them at a point of high value. If they actually got their QB of the future and a starting tackle with their crappy draft capital they did real good.

I'd like to see more love for the Lions. Every one of their picks was picking up someone who inexplicably fell that fits their needs perfectly. Plus they got two of the top name guys in the draft.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Teven Jenkins could have been a first rounder but I don't know poo poo about the rest

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the last time the bears took an offensive lineman in the first round was Kyle Long in 2013. Last time they took a tackle there was in 2011 when I was really excited for the dreaded Gabe Carimi who immediately exploded into ligaments. In a shocking turn of events, Bears quarterbacks have been getting massacred for the past decade.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 2, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can't recall who said it, but basically the Bears will probably be bad and get their HC and GM fired, but at least they're going to be interesting when doing so instead of starting Andy Dalton.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sure Nagy will get some time to see if he can win with Fields

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I can't recall who said it, but basically the Bears will probably be bad and get their HC and GM fired, but at least they're going to be interesting when doing so instead of starting Andy Dalton.

Right now, the Bears are saying they want to do the Mahomes Plan and sit Fields all year, but Dalton is not Chiefs-era Alex Smith, Nagy is not Andy Reid, and I would be shocked if Dalton made it more than 4 games without people going nutso on them to put Fields in. Oddly, ownership seems committed to the this drat Ryan Pace and no one knows if he or Nagy or both were secretly extended.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just glad Chicago got Fields.

I'm also glad it is pissing some of the Chicago meat head racists off on twitter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

I'm just glad Chicago got Fields.

I'm also glad it is pissing some of the Chicago meat head racists off on twitter.

If you're a Bears fan upset that your QB is going to be Justin Fields instead of Andy Dalton, you are telling on yourself.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really liked the Giants' draft. got a ton of future picks to continue to build the roster around Jones if he's worth anything or those picks can be packaged for the next disgruntled elite QB. Toney and Olujari will be good and exciting right away

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

And jerky boys cassettes

I wonder if he's ever called Tom Brady sizzlechest

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the grade on the Texans is unfair. Yeah they didn't have a lot of capital, and I'm not in love with the quarterback they took, but Nico Collins, Brevin Jordan, and Wallow will all be good. I bet you if the Ravens had their draft class they would have been rated a B by most folks.

All the teams with quarterbacks seem to be either inflated way above where they should be or deflated well below where they should be. I really like the Jets draft, though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Time to assign grades. Time to give this draft a letter value that has no empirical measurement beyond they took a prospect I had ranked lower... but higher.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Time to assign grades. Time to give this draft a letter value that has no empirical measurement beyond they took a prospect I had ranked lower... but higher.

I grade the Bengals draft as wagyu because it's got a very pleasant amount of fat in it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Doltos posted:

:hmmyes:

e: Also I will value your draft grades based on how harmonious they are in relation to my own preconceptions, which are themselves based on how good they make me feel.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Browns win the off season?

I don't like this

I am indeed concerned but will hold hope.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sean10mm posted:

:hmmyes:

e: Also I will value your draft grades based on how harmonious they are in relation to my own preconceptions, which are themselves based on how good they make me feel.

I give Jerry an A+ as always because a property tycoon that stumbled into an idiot selling one of the most valuable franchises in the history of the world is somehow better at evaluating talent than whole teams of scouts

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Doltos posted:

I give Jerry an A+ as always because a property tycoon that stumbled into an idiot selling one of the most valuable franchises in the history of the world is somehow better at evaluating talent than whole teams of scouts

I think the Patriots are all set to resume their reign of terror because I would find that hilarious.

:patssay:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Trying to imagine Mac Jones being made of the granite it's gonna take to be the successor to Tom Brady in NE. That's a big ask of any QB following a franchise guy, let alone the greatest to ever play

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think the Patriots are going to be great but it wouldn't surprise me if the AFC East is one of the most competitive divisions in football next year. The Jets have so many new pieces on offense it's hard to see how they don't get some results from it, Miami should be good and Buffalo is a top two team in the AFC.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I think the grade on the Texans is unfair. Yeah they didn't have a lot of capital, and I'm not in love with the quarterback they took, but Nico Collins, Brevin Jordan, and Wallow will all be good. I bet you if the Ravens had their draft class they would have been rated a B by most folks.

All the teams with quarterbacks seem to be either inflated way above where they should be or deflated well below where they should be. I really like the Jets draft, though.

THere is no way Nico Collins is any good. That's insane.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

THere is no way Nico Collins is any good. That's insane.

He had the potential to be really good in college he was just limited by poor quarterback pla- Ohhhhh.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everyone is forgetting how does the draft make you feel? Thats what matters. If its powerful then truly you've earned your A-

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

D-LINK posted:

Trying to imagine Mac Jones being made of the granite it's gonna take to be the successor to Tom Brady in NE. That's a big ask of any QB following a franchise guy, let alone the greatest to ever play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Could have been sculpted by Michelangelo.