Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flubby posted:

Been a journey with the reveal that Woolie is the real crazy one. Some real unreliable narrator plot twist stuff.

That's always been the bit though. Even though he's loud and stupid Pat's probably the most put together SBF because he genuinely contemplates what other people are feeling because he's constantly trying to figure out why he's so weird and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the joke's always been that Pat is the only one in the group who understands he's a freak and that somehow makes him the most functional freak in the circus. There's not gonna be some grand dramatic blowup, Pat's just gonna point and laugh for a bit while Woolie frowns and they'll move on

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yea the joke's always been that Pat is the only one in the group who understands he's a freak and that somehow makes him the most functional freak in the circus. There's not gonna be some grand dramatic blowup, Pat's just gonna point and laugh for a bit while Woolie frowns and they'll move on

This was the bit even when Matt and Liam were there. I'm shocked people haven't caught on.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'm sad we'll most likely never get a burn as good as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuV-EpLV8SU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This was the bit even when Matt and Liam were there. I'm shocked people haven't caught on.

Its been almost five years since I caught on with that. Will never forget that podcast where Pat was upset that he promoted Mighty Number 9 so heavily, and thus got people to waste their money. Liam then made fun of him for feeling bad about a game he didn't make.

I think the spoilers bit will be more than you'd think, but less than you'd hope. It's not gonna be a big ol' lol and shrug then move on, but it won't be the death of the podcast for an hour either. What I do think is that Woolie with prep time can be dangerous and he's probably arranging cue cards right now to explain himself to a devil's advocate degree "I was wrong, but this is WHY i did it". Maybe even full on "Were it not for the TOS of this MMO, I would've kept going. It's how Yoko Taro would've wanted."

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 2, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
On the other hand, this has been affecting Pat for close to 2 decades and the man is boosted by spite like superman with the yellow sun

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I hope pat starts saying Dataminer like Woolie does with stupid poo poo like Culprit anytime they talk about spoilers.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope pat starts saying Dataminer like Woolie does with stupid poo poo like Culprit anytime they talk about spoilers.

That still bugs me to this day. How did Woolie not think "Culprit" is itself a spoiler?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scorched Spitz posted:

That still bugs me to this day. How did Woolie not think "Culprit" is itself a spoiler?

Because Woolie logic is "the only thing that's right is me, therefore all rules must bend to me"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Scorched Spitz posted:

The best was when he was in the loving trailer for Ultimax going full Joker mode and he still said Culprit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm lost, what's Culprit about?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
p4's villain.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dabir posted:

I'm lost, what's Culprit about?

The reveal of the murderer in Persona 4 is a huge spoiler (but at this point it's pretty well known).

As far as I know, to this day still they refuse to say his name and just refer to the murderer as Culprit even though it's like...not even Atlus tries to hide their identity anymore.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

There’s a similar thing with Pancakes, but no one is actually surprised about Pancakes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pancakes is in reference to Persona 5's big twist, if you're not up to date on all Persona meme lingo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Vandar posted:

The reveal of the murderer in Persona 4 is a huge spoiler (but at this point it's pretty well known).

As far as I know, to this day still they refuse to say his name and just refer to the murderer as Culprit even though it's like...not even Atlus tries to hide their identity anymore.

I think he said it even when Adachi got announced fro Cross Tag, Evil Inuzagi and all.

Vandar posted:

It's just more Woolie being insane about spoilers but only in his specific view of spoilers.

Meanwhile official sources are just like

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 2, 2021

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

MorningMoon posted:

Its been almost five years since I caught on with that. Will never forget that podcast where Pat was upset that he promoted Mighty Number 9 so heavily, and thus got people to waste their money. Liam then made fun of him for feeling bad about a game he didn't make.

That was my introduction to Liam and it was not a good first impression. Granted, Pat said some outlandish stuff but Liam going hard in on defending MN9 was so bizarre. Like, had he ever played a 2D side-scrolling action game at all before that?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You’re not wrong but given that P4G only came to PC last(?) year I could argue a brief reset on the spoiler window. Regardless it’s not the end of the world; I got spoiled and that’s a bummer but the game is still good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woolie is having his first COVID shot on monday, turns out. IF for whatever reason he gets sick (as some do) he'll be able to delay the podcast and avoid his deserved roast.
So pray for his health. So that he may face our justice.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Warbird posted:

You’re not wrong but given that P4G only came to PC last(?) year I could argue a brief reset on the spoiler window. Regardless it’s not the end of the world; I got spoiled and that’s a bummer but the game is still good.

This is probably my main thought on trying not to jump to spoil that for people either, P4G and by that P4 at all only just came to PC a little while ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

In context, they also constantly talk about the fighting game and if anyone buys it or looks up the roster

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm excited for the final CSB episode

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MorningMoon posted:

Woolie with prep time can be dangerous

Tae posted:

Pat is boosted by spite like superman with the yellow sun

So CSB is Batman v. Superman: Weekly Edition?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

So CSB is Batman v. Superman: Weekly Edition?

Not long enough.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Fair.

Anyways, this is relevant:

https://twitter.com/rxssahs/status/1388866210587049986

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That video is a goddamn ride and has one of the higher “oh come the gently caress on” densities of any video I’ve seen in a while now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pata Repulsa Awakens After 17 & 1/2 Years :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woolie pleads insanity. His spoilerocrisy is balls out.
He will no longer protect people against spoilers any more than usual.
He admits he is as crazy as Pat.
Nightmare ended.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 3, 2021

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Did Woolie prepare a statement or something?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Flubby posted:

Did Woolie prepare a statement or something?
Nah. Pat quickly cut to the chase but didn't go hard on him, as Woolie was already worn down from the weekend and quickly conceded. 15 minutes in.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Grouchio posted:

Woolie pleads insanity. His spoilerocrisy is balls out.
He will no longer protect people against spoilers any more than usual.
He admits he is as crazy as Pat.
Nightmare ended.

He has only stated the first ideal.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
As much as I’d have enjoyed a big argument and Woolie being stubborn about his insanity, it was nice to hear Pat just come in and be straight-up supportive of him. Friendship real.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

things i learned today

1) pat is a genius

2) pat is very smart

3) red bull is king

4) get smoked

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
welp, the last source of game podcasts I listen to is just these two chucklefucks now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

welp, the last source of game podcasts I listen to is just these two chucklefucks now

who Kept it Real with us this tme?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Who did you dump?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't listen to any of their stuff but the first thought I had was Giant Bomb since they're prob closest to CSB and looks like welp

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/680455-giant-bombs-vinny-caravella-brad-shoemaker-alex-navarro

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, giant bomb. Red ventures bought a bunch of stuff from CBS and is now executing anything not insanely profitable.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, giant bomb. Red ventures bought a bunch of stuff from CBS and is now executing anything not insanely profitable.

oof, very bad timing for Jeff in particular since he apparently has a second kid on the way... well given how long they've all been doing this + their industry experience + connections I'm sure they'll find their way to something new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The SBFCast was even very specifically created because Woolie and Pat listened to the Bombcast a lot