Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Last Celebration posted:

what kinds of anime are we talking? Like, is it just big tittied anime ladies in ridiculous outfits and lots of bad dialogue or is it Dragon Ball Z with cool beam attacks?

Imagine if what Dark Souls needed was nonsensical and completely flat exposition delivered in the same tone of voice every other corridor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I thought Code Vein was too easy and also I didn't like the maze component to every single level, especially the Anor Londo knockoff you have to go through three times. Some of the mechanics are good alternatives to the souls formula like character archetypes you can swap between at any bonfire, but I almost never died and beat almost all bosses but the first on like my second try

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I should replay Code Vein

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I thought Code Vein was too easy and also I didn't like the maze component to every single level, especially the Anor Londo knockoff you have to go through three times. Some of the mechanics are good alternatives to the souls formula like character archetypes you can swap between at any bonfire, but I almost never died and beat almost all bosses but the first on like my second try

We're you using the companions or going solo? I think the companions are sort of like playing on easy mode, unfortunately. It's definitely a misstep.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really liked that Code Vein had a job system

way more games need job systems

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I didn't mind the anime nonsense but the level design of code vein was terrible. I don't know how anyone likes it and I certainly wouldn't replay it.

The world is such an important component of dark souls and Code Veins world was trash.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it certainly didn't hit the mastery of Dark Souls 1's interlocking world but each stage was itself a miniature of that, with interlocking paths and shortcuts and often verticality

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh my God key lime pie kit kats might be the greatest thing ever

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Code Vein was alright except for the Anor Londo knock-off, also backstabbing was not very reliable due to your characters hitbox not making any contact with enemies at random.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I enjoyed green tea KitKats, the only specialty flavor I've been able to find recently is mint chocolate

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Simone Magus posted:

Oh my God key lime pie kit kats might be the greatest thing ever

Key lime pie is the GOAT flavor in general, tbh.

Are there any versions of Bayonetta 1 or 2 to avoid? They're both on Switch, right? I like combo-heavy games, and the whole campy, hyper-sexual vibe appeals to my inner theatre kid.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The PS3 port of Bayo 1 is legendarily bad, and the 2017 PC remaster is really good.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The 360 version looks great on Xbox one or better if that's an option

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok so i started 13 sentinels last night here are my thoughts so far (under spoilers, obv)

-wow i can already tell the battle part is probably going to gently caress me over in the late game, i am much more of a tactics-y turn-based kind of strategy fan so real time mecha stuff is completely foreign to me
-i have gotten far enough to be able to choose characters at will/swap between modes. i immediately went for the girl with the obviously evil cat who gave her a gun, because that is the funniest setup in the game so far and i want to see where that goes
-also a big fan of 'girl who has watched too much b-movie sci fi' and can't wait to see how her journey with johnny 5 plays out
-i appreciate the library letting me see the exact years and times of stuff because man i can already tell im gonna get turned around with some of this poo poo. the fact they just casually went 'oh, by the way, there's time travel bullshit' like 25 minutes into the game is incredible, but also making it so i have to pay attention to dates and timelines is a headache, ive already done this with the infinity games and zero escape ughhhh
-is it bad i think the two "main" kids are really boring? Juro and the girl who just looks like Ann from p5. they just seem very standard anime character so far, which means that the rug is absolutely getting pulled out from under me at some point
-i cant believe the sorceress from dragon's crown got a day job as a school nurse! good for her
-i do unironically like how each character seems to be spinning off into a different like. genre of anime bullshit? it reminds me of stuff like concrete revolutio where they just threw loving everything in and saw what stuck, and that anime rules, so im excited to see how off the rails everything gets

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
there is nothing, i repeat, nothing better than posting about 13 sentinels during a blind playthrough.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Post your tier list when you're done

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

there is nothing, i repeat, nothing better than posting about 13 sentinels during a blind playthrough.

Gold standard games for posting blind playthrough updates:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
13 Sentinels
Disco Elysium
Outer Wilds
Yakuza 0

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This needs context. But no.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

I played a bunch of this a few months ago and my best advice is don't play the final level for a while. The end of stage teleporter thingy on stage 5 can be activated before you start it up and it'll let you loop back to stage 1 over and over. The goal there is to just become absurdly powerful until the game catches up and kills you.

The final level isn't very fun and it's less fun the longer it takes you to get there. The final boss guy will have so much health that you literally shoot him for 15-20 minutes if you wait too long. That's why I recommend just looping over and over until you get used to the different items and characters.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Good job fighting the Ape Videogames!!! Watching you play Sekiro is a hoot!

VG do not read this: Oh my god chat you are so mean. I can't believe he beat snake eyes shirahagi and didn't grab the bonfire and we didn't tell him and then he went and beat ape so now the 2 ape fight is mandatory to beat the game hahahahaha

Fuuuuuck I wish I could watch more of the stream I HAVE to see the part where the 2 ape fight gets revealed but I gotta play D&D so I'll have to watch the replay

E: Okay you can read it now lol

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 2, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Good job fighting the Ape Videogames!!! Watching you play Sekiro is a hoot!

VG do not read this: Oh my god chat you are so mean. I can't believe he beat snake eyes shirahagi and didn't grab the bonfire and we didn't tell him and then he went and beat ape so now the 2 ape fight is mandatory to beat the game hahahahaha

Fuuuuuck I wish I could watch more of the stream I HAVE to see the part where the 2 ape fight gets revealed but I gotta play D&D so I'll have to watch the replay

Why would anyone want to skip double ape funtimes?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

stev posted:

very much this, if I know anything about how VG likes to play Souls games he will be okay with this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stev posted:

Its not like you *can't* do it later on, it just becomes an optional thing you can do whenever you want, instead of mandatory to progress any further.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

very much this, if I know anything about how VG likes to play Souls games he will be okay with this

But yeah, I'm sure he'd fight it anyways either way

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i only have two bosses and three minibosses left in sekiro but at this point i'm not sure i'll finish before videogames does...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good lord. That session was the roughest and toughest of all sessions. I am frazzled and drained from Guardian Ape.

and now there are two

Must steel myself. Must be the power in my sword. Otherwise I will fail. Hesitation will be my defeat.

No idea how many bosses left in the game but it is going to get tougher so I must be better :hai:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Much like the back and forth of the combat in the game, I go from feeling like I'm a full on Shinobi and anything in my path will be cut to feeling like a total clown who exists to receive punishment.

My minor nitpick of Sekiro is that most of the bosses have names where I can't remember who I've fought. I'll hear someone mention Gyouba and go, wait, did I fight him or am I mixing him up with Ryouga or someone?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Looper posted:

i only have two bosses and three minibosses left in sekiro but at this point i'm not sure i'll finish before videogames does...

lol i've been stuck on the ol' sword saint for weeks and I doubt i'll beat him before vg

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Wait, is this key lime pie Kit Kat an American only thing? Amazon Canada doesn’t have it and I don’t feel like driving to a bunch of different grocery stores to see if they have it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Black Stones posted:

Wait, is this key lime pie Kit Kat an American only thing? Amazon Canada doesn’t have it and I don’t feel like driving to a bunch of different grocery stores to see if they have it.

In my area they are only at Walmart, but would have to look at their product search to about near you.

https://www.hersheyland.com/home/where-to-buy.html?ps-sku=00034000402939

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Slightly OT question: years ago (...gently caress over a decade) I bought these inspired by a certain tensei

Audio quality wasn't great partly because of the loose fit, but that actually ended up being an upside because unlike traditional headphones, they didn't give me headaches.

Can anyone recommend anything wireless with a similar design? Being hook-ons they were also pretty good for running.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zil posted:

In my area they are only at Walmart, but would have to look at their product search to about near you.

https://www.hersheyland.com/home/where-to-buy.html?ps-sku=00034000402939

Yeah for my area its Walmart-only too

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jolo posted:

Much like the back and forth of the combat in the game, I go from feeling like I'm a full on Shinobi and anything in my path will be cut to feeling like a total clown who exists to receive punishment.

My minor nitpick of Sekiro is that most of the bosses have names where I can't remember who I've fought. I'll hear someone mention Gyouba and go, wait, did I fight him or am I mixing him up with Ryouga or someone?

HIS NAME IS

GYOBU
MASATAKA
ONIWAA

:cheeky:

I mean, just need to spend more time paying attention to Japanese names.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

Can anyone recommend anything wireless with a similar design? Being hook-ons they were also pretty good for running.

I dunno about wireless but Koss KSC-75 are the same form factor and sound amazing for the price, but you won't look as cool as door-kun

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
13 Sentinels owns

Yukiko is Best Girl

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

HIS NAME IS

GYOBU
MASATAKA
ONIWAA

:cheeky:

I mean, just need to spend more time paying attention to Japanese names.

Haha apparently it's Gyoubu so combined we know his name!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jolo posted:

Haha apparently it's Gyoubu so combined we know his name!

Yeah, I just think its funny since he makes a big deal of shouting his name.

Streamers playing in Spanish is the best

Me llamo Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa!!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Wanna see where Miwako lands on an official poll

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wanna see where Miwako lands on an official poll

Ryoko Shinonome: 448 votes
Takatoshi Hijiyama: 389 votes