Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh my god, Soul of Cinder is an amazing boss. The appearance blew me away, then the changes into different player types blew me away, the rolling was a fun surprise, the backflips were hilarious and great, then I beat him down and his second phase blew me away all over again

Also literally, haven't beaten him yet but gotten super close

e: spoilers sorry

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Usually I don’t mind spoilers for Souls but I really wish I could go into Soul of Cinder blind cause it really is one of the best player sendoffs in gaming.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I love that boss cos it proves once and for all that casting builds are for suckers and get stomped

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Last Celebration posted:

Usually I don’t mind spoilers for Souls but I really wish I could go into Soul of Cinder blind cause it really is one of the best player sendoffs in gaming.

He’s on the cover of the game so idk how blind can one really be to him

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

The Protagonist posted:

Me playing DSR in 2021: I know what comes next. I'm going to get past the Anor Londo Archer Bros first try this run, I know all of DS's dirty tricks.

DSR in 2021:
https://i.imgur.com/zHr8TM6.mp4

Loool, I played through till the end four times and never even seen them. I think the first time I saw one was like a “top 10 dark souls secrets” video or something

Last Celebration posted:

DS3 was my first souls games so I was just like “oh cool, a big guy and he’s tough!”. Wish I could go back and do it in the right order :negative:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

goblin week posted:

He’s on the cover of the game so idk how blind can one really be to him

I meant more the part where phase 1 is an amalgamation of the PvP meta and phase 2 is Firedad Again. That’s something that’s only really spoiled once you see it.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Last Celebration posted:

I meant more the part where phase 1 is an amalgamation of the PvP meta and phase 2 is Firedad Again. That’s something that’s only really spoiled once you see it.

lmfao that's what that's supposed to be??? i just thought i was fighting a zelda boss suddenly

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

Me playing DSR in 2021: I know what comes next. I'm going to get past the Anor Londo Archer Bros first try this run, I know all of DS's dirty tricks.

DSR in 2021:

the eight-way movement caused by a keyboard in this clip is making me extremely uncomfortable

fun hater posted:

lmfao that's what that's supposed to be??? i just thought i was fighting a zelda boss suddenly

lol did you get the form with a curved sword and pyromancy that literally does the dark wood grain ring ninja flips everywhere

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

fun hater posted:

Yeah I just thought it was like random playstyles of the different dudes who linked the fire previously, no different from NPC phantoms.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah I just thought it was like random playstyles of the different dudes who linked the fire previously, no different from NPC phantoms.

That's definitely what it is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

lol did you get the form with a curved sword and pyromancy that literally does the dark wood grain ring ninja flips everywhere

No Zwei though, a missed opportunity

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I love that boss cos it proves once and for all that casting builds are for suckers and get stomped

It's funny you say this because i stay way the hell away from the sorcerer form. I can't handle the homing soulmasses + the other attacks so i just wait for him to start another form

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Imo that's the easiest form by far, there's multiple attacks he does where you can just pour a full combo into him and not be punished at all. Maybe you'll get hit by a soulmass or two but that shouldn't kill you. The real issue is when he casts one and then switches forms, soul mass up + pyro form means a guaranteed trip to "wait until he changes again" city for me.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

the eight-way movement caused by a keyboard in this clip is making me extremely uncomfortable

if it were really pvp meta then there would be a naked guy with a big club. where's his rep

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ok here's a noob question. i find leonard's little sickle thing intriguing. is there a way to make that thing viable. how can i best use that thing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
re: Soul of Cinder forms:

The spear form feels extremely similar to Santier's Spear from 2. Also the sorcerer's kamehameha can't be the DS3 version, right? That version was created when Lothric was new-ish. Maybe it's the soul geyser from DS2?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

fun hater posted:

ok here's a noob question. i find leonard's little sickle thing intriguing. is there a way to make that thing viable. how can i best use that thing
you can't, it's absolute dogshit

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Finally punched soul of cinder to death! Them i went back to untended graves and chumped gundyr on the first (re)try. The key was perseverance, which i can't believe i completely forgot about until the dragonslayer armor.

Of course i refused to link the flame.

Now on to the optional areas i haven't checked yet (looks like dragon peak and dreg heap) and the DLCs!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Dreg Heap is DLC fyi

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Now on to the optional area and DLCs including dreg heap!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

you can't, it's absolute dogshit

nooooooooo...

at least now i know its not me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
beat Yhorm. I thought the storm ruler gimmick sucked as would have preferred a real fight, but on the other hand he seems easy without it. typical large DS boss who cant hit his ankle.

and then I got teleported to Emma? weird.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dancer wasnt that bad though. except for that grab attack that looks exactly like a normal swing and does 98% of my health. But having +5 Fume Knight Greatsword helped a lot.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
So... I ran into a familiar face! What are the odds :wtc:

I had to hang back with my invader crabbro just to see what happens. It is a tale of guile, misfortune, and revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1g4ReivyI

The auto thumbnail ended up pretty priceless

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I got at least one vagrant during my Remastered run, though I don't remember where exactly. I have to assume Remastered's cleaned up netcode makes them more likely to show up though I also wouldn't be surprised if people try and force them to show up there in specific because they know that's just about the worst possible spawn point for one.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s totally cool that Dark Souls 3 put another pain in the rear end greatbow/javelin area in the DLC with the downward descent down this bridge ladder/tree branches.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Last Celebration posted:

It’s totally cool that Dark Souls 3 put another pain in the rear end greatbow/javelin area in the DLC with the downward descent down this bridge ladder/tree branches.
this but unironically

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
And they explode! :black101:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

It sure is!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
everyone that invades in that spot is satan, and i love it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m cool with being a salty baby if need be, but this section feels pretty bullshitty if only because the collision detection on these branches is pretty unreasonably shaky sometimes.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I’m cool with being a salty baby if need be, but this section feels pretty bullshitty if only because the collision detection on these branches is pretty unreasonably shaky sometimes.
It sucks imo, I'm with you

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Thankfully, the go to pro gamer strat of “bitch on the internet” worked, im sure there’s an item hanging out on the one branch high up with the boombow viking but that’s the ledge I died five times trying to land on so gently caress it.

The

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Last Celebration posted:

Put on kitty ring, yolo down to the icy crab.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Thankfully, the go to pro gamer strat of “bitch on the internet” worked, im sure there’s an item hanging out on the one branch high up with the boombow viking but that’s the ledge I died five times trying to land on so gently caress it.

The
It might be the Follower Sabre, which is a p good weapon. If you have that, I don't think there's anything else worthwhile up there.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py90H9ehqA8

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

The Protagonist posted:

DSR in 2021:

rofl. Amazing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
DS3 mod news:

This guy has made a DS3 pokemon mod, where you can capture enemies in pokeballs, then they become your pet that you can summon and will fight alongside you. Which quite frankly is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbNxCxRcV8

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/690?tab=description

Also neat if you wanted to make a beastmaster / summoner build

Moola fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

axolotl farmer posted:

Put on kitty ring, yolo down to the icy crab.

I wonder if all the crabs are the same species and have just proliferated through the worlds due to their proximity, or whether they're different species, but due to the time spans involved in the game have coincidentally evolved into crabs.

The Ringed City should just have been wall to wall crabs. Crab Souls.