Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Frank De La NOROSavelt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
JAMES POLK

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
WarREN G HardING

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rutherford [vinny drop] BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

keep going the jokes almost funny

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Vice President Dan Quay-lee

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

HerraS posted:

this is my favorite type of post. any time people riff on the same type of joke 3 times in a row, I start writhing in anticipation of this inevitable post because I love it so much. now that you've posted it I'm over the moon, just falling all over the floor like Ric Flair and wooing because you said the thing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tato posted:

this is my favorite type of post. any time people riff on the same type of joke 3 times in a row, I start writhing in anticipation of this inevitable post because I love it so much. now that you've posted it I'm over the moon, just falling all over the floor like Ric Flair and wooing because you said the thing.

Now go chop a rando and get divorced

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tato posted:

go off, king

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave and Bryan's argument about the 1 match show and tickets were :psyboom:

Dave seems to ignore what the 1 match actual was for the show. War Games, sure I'll buy just to see that. 1 singles match probably not.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

SLUM KING posted:

Rutherford B Hayes c’mon

I prefer Rutherford P.S. Hayes, victim of a Ryback squash back in the day.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Now go chop a rando and get divorced

Pretty Peter Avalon is not a rando!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The time stamps make it seem unlikely but did Dave go on a length tangent about what Jericho was talking about when he mentioned an assassination attempt in Abu Dhabi last night?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The time stamps make it seem unlikely but did Dave go on a length tangent about what Jericho was talking about when he mentioned an assassination attempt in Abu Dhabi last night?

i hope he did because i want to know i didn't hallucinate that line

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Dave didn't talk about it at all, somehow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MOTYC: Bryan Alvarez v John, WOL 28 April 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
LET'S loving GO.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1387957093215477770
https://twitter.com/KrisZellner/status/1387957839025557507
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1387958436353163269

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
EDIT: WWE banned my B&V edit from Youtube, trying to fix it

El Generico fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 30, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

Given my previous success with the Don Valentine B&V edit, I've been thinking on doing more, but didn't come up with much in the way of short things that are both funny and haven't been done, so I came up with the idea of doing the B&V reviews of the Russo written WCW Nitros. Of course I forgot that the first two months of those Nitros are three hours long but oh well!

Here's the first of hopefully many Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo edits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQvF2y-ioY

(might still be processing if you're trying to watch it the instant I posted it)

Blocked by WWE already

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

gently caress, the double screening didn't work at all

How does Maffew do it?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Could you try uploading your edit to dailymotion?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Punch McLightning posted:

Dave didn't talk about it at all, somehow.

All Bryan added was "Another plane ride from hell."

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ok, they finally get the story on the Jericho interview.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Pretty Peter Avalon is not a rando!

I mean, to Flair he is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arbite posted:

Ok, they finally get the story on the Jericho interview.

The reveal of Who that guy? Nah his dad just owns a gas station was incredible. As was Jericho asking the guy if the bounty on his head was a respectable amount.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Alright, I've got a version coming for Youtube as well, it's going to be a bit more slideshow-like, but here's the Dailymotion. Can't seem to get it to give me HD, but it's not like Nitro was in HD anyway:

Bryan and Vinny vs. Nitro and Russo - WCW Review with Video - Oct 18th 1999

Bad promos, scary botches, crazy Ric Flair, Outsiders drinking sizzurp, worked shoots, screaming Norman Smiley, Goldberg spearing fools, and more! Bryan Alvarez, Vince Verhei, and Craig Proper Jr. review the first Vince Russo written episode of WCW Nitro with accompanying illustrative video clips.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x810e4e edit: fixed sorry

Youtube for anyone who wants to see how badly I had to mangle it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiJhYxqdoHw

El Generico fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 2, 2021

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dailymotion tells me it's private.

EDIT: the link from the youtube description worked for me: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x810e4e

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 1, 2021

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Dailymotion tells me it's private.

EDIT: the link from the youtube description worked for me: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x810e4e

Oh, gently caress, I reuploaded it to try and get the HD to work and then made the previous one private and then linked the wrong one.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Listening to a random episode of B&V from 2010, and Granny asks from Facebook "why is Bryan so bitchy?". She speculates that it's her fault.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

El Generico posted:

Oh, gently caress, I reuploaded it to try and get the HD to work and then made the previous one private and then linked the wrong one.

It was fun to revisit that episode this way. If you do any more of these, you might want to consider boosting the Nitro audio levels a bit, I found those parts kinda quiet compared to the podcast audio.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

It was fun to revisit that episode this way. If you do any more of these, you might want to consider boosting the Nitro audio levels a bit, I found those parts kinda quiet compared to the podcast audio.

Glad you liked it! I tried to boost the episode audio more but it seemed to start clipping. Might have to break down and get a real video editor (I'm using Hitfilm Express) so I can use a Compressor or at least a Limiter on the audio.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WCW always had terrible sound mixing so I suspect that a lot of their stuff might be clipped no matter what you do with it, or so low/indistinct that you won't be able to bring anything up without a shitload of noise coming with it. Cool project though and hopefully I'm wrong and you're able to get clearer audio.

I fear we will never know exactly what Gary Michael Cappetta meant at the start of each match when he'd say,"Hrrr hmmm hrr a huhhh... hrrh hrmmmm.... HRRRH A HRRMMMMM!"

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I really enjoyed that B&V Nitro edit and I appreciate it probably took ages, so thank you.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alan BStard posted:

I really enjoyed that B&V Nitro edit and I appreciate it probably took ages, so thank you.

Echoing this as well. Good stuff!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
BETWEEN THE SHEETS 300!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1389347556145123331
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1389353392296898563

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Listening to Dave's review of the Savage documentary, it really does seem like the myth of Randy and Elizabeth just won't die. What a dickhead the one guy was to say "Liz was the love of his life and he was never the same after her" when he was married to another woman and they were apparently very happy.

Savage was a monster for some or maybe even most of his life but I believe in redemption, maybe he treated his last wife well. But even forgetttig him, how disrespectful is that statement to her.

Also I guess everybody liked Brian Adams. I guess that's maybe hoe he kept getting work.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

NikkolasKing posted:

Listening to Dave's review of the Savage documentary, it really does seem like the myth of Randy and Elizabeth just won't die. What a dickhead the one guy was to say "Liz was the love of his life and he was never the same after her" when he was married to another woman and they were apparently very happy.

Savage was a monster for some or maybe even most of his life but I believe in redemption, maybe he treated his last wife well. But even forgetttig him, how disrespectful is that statement to her.

Also I guess everybody liked Brian Adams. I guess that's maybe hoe he kept getting work.

I'm pretty sure the Undertaker got KroniK jobs in the WWF, however briefly, just because he was friends with Brian Adams and wanted to work with him again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That bit about Savage putting hidden cameras into his girlfriend's house though, oof. That's bad enough, but she had a 17-year-old sister living with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Jerusalem posted:

That bit about Savage putting hidden cameras into his girlfriend's house though, oof. That's bad enough, but she had a 17-year-old sister living with her.

He's a wrestler that was jacked to the gills on steroids, that was probably part of the appeal.