Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i got a pfizer appointment but my second shot is scheduled for 3 months after the first one (lovely government), what effect does that have. does it make the first shot worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

65% of CBD commuters in Melbourne still haven't stopped WFH despite regularly going multiple months without a covid case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cFf6xk2p5E

Basically all the ground floor retail around my office is permanently out of business.

my company went from "We're embracing the New Normal, flexibility for all!" to "please come back five days a week" real quick. I could absolutely be 100% WFH, boss said we need you in more often than not, I said how about 50% and he was like "ehh sure i guess". So now i'm WHF 5/10 in a fortnight. So that's a win?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Lol I'm loving dying at this because I'm assuming this is some sort of weird as gently caress mammogram/female breast exam photoshoot because I'm such a sad pathetic forever alone INCEL goon my entire life revolves around my career in medical imaging which I love.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mila kunis posted:

i got a pfizer appointment but my second shot is scheduled for 3 months after the first one (lovely government), what effect does that have. does it make the first shot worthless

The booster shot is required both to max out the effectiveness and also provide a few months of protection due to stimulating the production Killer T/memory B cells.

The good news is according to Israeli studies the first shot does provide some level of protection (80-85% after two weeks).

Remember even the first shot will get your body to create the spike protein which will lead to immune system response.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Anyway probes are coming for anyone that suggests the vaccines aren't 100% sterilizing and we only needed 30% to reach herd immunity

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Public Schools: Covid is over, reopen everything, get kids back in for the last month of class!

Also Pittsburgh Public Schools:

It's been a cycle in the suburban school districts for nine months now, a school opens up and two weeks later it goes back to remote learning because of coronavirus cases. good lord.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyway probes are coming for anyone that suggests the vaccines aren't 100% sterilizing and we only needed 30% to reach herd immunity

:hmmyes:

Open Mods imo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mainstream media finally catching up to what the COVID thread's been predicting the whole time

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1389165593287225348

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1389192293941485568

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pittsburgh Public Schools: Covid is over, reopen everything, get kids back in for the last month of class!

Also Pittsburgh Public Schools:

It's been a cycle in the suburban school districts for nine months now, a school opens up and two weeks later it goes back to remote learning because of coronavirus cases. good lord.

Can’t learn from other school districts either. No. Clearly we are BETTER AND SAFER than all these other schools.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Relevant Tangent posted:

WFH owns so hard. No commute, no rushed mornings, rush hour itself is less of a thing. In the evening people are already home.

Yeah I was WFH for like six months and it owned. But then the only person who does the same job got fired and some stuff has to be done in person so I had to come back. :(

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Asproigerosis posted:

ModJackal

Apr 7, 2003

smoobles posted:

mainstream media finally catching up to what the COVID thread's been predicting the whole time

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1389165593287225348

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1389192293941485568

Everyone and every media source has been screaming "WE'RE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL" for a loving year now

Apr 7, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

WFH owns so hard. No commute, no rushed mornings, rush hour itself is less of a thing. In the evening people are already home.

I've been able to work from home for a decade now, I figure when things are back to "normal" (lol) I'll go into the office a few days a week just to have some separation between my home life and my work life.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Relevant Tangent posted:

Be interesting to see how things change once everyone who wants to be vaxxed is.

We've had essentially no cases since November and no one is coming back so there's your future foretold.

Goodnight from Monday evening.

Edit: although casual trips to downtown are way up, anecdotally.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Everyone and every media source has been screaming "WE'RE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL" for a loving year now

gimme a vaccine passport already and ban chuds from flights, hotels, concerts and festivals

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

osprey posted:

leaky covid brain

from here

not at all horrifying, we should definitely open up and not worry about analyzing the full effects and transmissibility before we open loving biden

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Working from home has been an absolutely huge quality of life improvement and I am glad my company is moving to a hybrid model in the future, and have stated that there won't ever be 100% of employees in the office again. I'm fortunate in that I'm able to dedicate a room in our home to be an office, which makes all the difference. Working on a laptop sitting on the couch or something would have driven me insane fairly quickly. Sometimes it can be hard to unplug but I'll take that in exchange for not sitting in I95 traffic anymore. gently caress the office forever. gently caress office culture.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Today is the day that everyone got forced back into the office. Today is also the day that they decided would be good to begin remodeling two of the bathrooms. SO on top of the increased number of people in the building, there are a number of contractors in the building, and we will have reduced bathroom capacity for the next two weeks.

I mean really why not just extend work from home for a couple weeks to assuage the already strained bathroom capacity. Oh and a new batch of interns just came around.

Also, I've heard multiple people just chatting about how great it is to be back because it sucks when their spouses and children have work from home days too.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

not at all horrifying, we should definitely open up and not worry about analyzing the full effects and transmissibility before we open loving biden

these people were dead, anyway. it's not a problem if covid causes leaky brain syndrome in dead people.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
anyone that enjoys commuting and 'office culture' is a loving pervert. deeply sick in the brain

Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Also, I've heard multiple people just chatting about how great it is to be back because it sucks when their spouses and children have work from home days too.

Americans hate their families so much lol

Apr 7, 2003

mila kunis posted:

anyone that enjoys commuting and 'office culture' is a loving pervert. deeply sick in the brain

Go watch the documentary "The Brainwashing of my Father" and ignore the succlib poo poo, the takeaway is that long amounts of time spent alone in your car in the modern era makes for perfect circumstances for propagandizing.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tzen posted:

yeah this is what gets me
how did they skate by the whole year and then get dropped this hard
i mean i know why now with the festivals/variants/etc. but i'm sort of shocked it didn't happen earlier

open biden

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mila kunis posted:

drat straight

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Go watch the documentary "The Brainwashing of my Father" and ignore the succlib poo poo, the takeaway is that long amounts of time spent alone in your car in the modern era makes for perfect circumstances for propagandizing.

Crush car culture

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Oldest Man posted:

i already have one stop shouting

no!!! the world needs to know

Shipon posted:

Do you have a discount code? Because if you're gonna keep running ads it's polite to give people a discount

yea you're getting a huge discount on your medical bills

also you'll spend less on masks

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

When the cockroach archeologists look back they'll find that it was the cars that killed us.

Though having said that, there's nothing wrong with liking your co-workers and working with people you'd also hang out with outside of work is a lot less miserable than the alternative.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
wtf UK

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1389172452509589505?s=19

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1389172462600876038?s=19

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Crush car culture

I didn’t realize there was a whole culture around my fetish.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
"we have been the accent of evil people for generations of cinema, and we would like to earn it"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Does anyone else here take supplements to help with possible prevention of COVID / asymptomatic Covid.. I've been taking Vitamin D and Zinc on a daily basis. Just kind of wondering.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I hate office culture and have no desire to work 40 hours/week in an office again if I can avoid it but I do look forward to eventually going back 1-2 days/week because I haven't actually met most of my coworkers since I switched departments last fall and while there's no need for people to be in the office for a lot of stuff I do think that there's also stuff that we spend weeks going back and forth on emails/chats with that could be solved much easier by spending some time together in an office or conference room and going hybrid will let people figure out what works best for their job that week.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hollismason posted:

Does anyone else here take supplements to help with possible prevention of COVID / asymptomatic Covid.. I've been taking Vitamin D and Zinc on a daily basis. Just kind of wondering.

Probably about as helpful as taking vitamin C during flu season (not very)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

I don't even WFH I just talk to people who do and it seems universally loved.

I'm basically in an office/preschool with an open office floor plan, it sucks hard.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Americans hate their families so much lol

Have you tried having professional Zoom calls with 2 unruly children begging for your attention in the room? Cause I don't wish that stuff on anybody.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

genericnick posted:

When the cockroach archeologists look back they'll find that it was the cars that killed us.

Though having said that, there's nothing wrong with liking your co-workers and working with people you'd also hang out with outside of work is a lot less miserable than the alternative.

yeah I hate most of my coworkers and my wife is like "why don't you get a job where you actually like the people?" and I'm like "because union jobs are hard to find and these assholes are all I got left."

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1389210692004290562?s=19

Well, if the travel groups say so.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Things I liked about WFH:
- I could hit the snooze button more than once
- I could take a leisurely shower
- I could take my time to eat breakfast, and clean up after it
- I didn't have to drive 30 minutes to work
- I didn't have to drive 30 minutes from work
- I didn't need to wear my respirator for 8 hours.
- I could make a good lunch
- I could use my lunch hour to get some local errands done
- I could wear my PJs all day long
- I could do laundry
- I could do the dishes
- I could change my sheets
- I didn't need to share the bathroom with other people
- I didn't have to worry about maskless idiots
- I could watch cartoons for the first part of my day

Things I did not like about WFH:
- About once a week my roommate would stay up all night ruminating on something that frustrated her, so then she'd spend the day frustrating me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao at the Herd Immunity Is A Lie push this morning hahahaha

open er up tho

no immunity, only openerup